Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > HTC S730 WM6 QWERTY unboxing with photo shots

Author HTC S730 WM6 QWERTY unboxing with photo shots
Plemix.com
C902 Red
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-21 05:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Out of the blue, our guys send me the HTC S730 Quadband Windows Mobile 6 phone to study and mess around with. When I took it out of the box, I saw a TYTN style slide out QWERTY keyboard phone, but in a very small size. (Later I realize the keypad on the box is just a printed trick. ) Anyway, the phone is very small. It is just like a thicker regular mobile phone. And all the sudden, it has a QWERTY sliding out. wow. I will show you the comparison picture side by side with a TYTN, and you will know what I mean then.

Here we go the box package. See? The QWERTY slide out is only a box print trick and I was deceived.

The package comes with a charger, a battery, USB cable, Headphone, Carrying soft bag, CD, and a user Manual.

A full QWERTY keyboard. A little bit smaller button but the touch and responsiveness are good. You can also see the Micro SD slot on the right bottom corner of the phone.

Phone front layout. All you needed phone keys are there.

2 mega pixel camera at the back. You can also see the texture of the covering material.

Closer shot on the phone keypads.

Horizontal view. The screen will auto rotate when you use a horizontal layout to work with. Full view on the QWERTY keyboard as well. Yes it is a Chinese version with the Chinese characters on it.

A close shot on the 2.4 inches 240 x 320 screen display.

A comparison photo with the TYTN. You can see S730 is actually thinner, and smaller.

Keyboard comparison. The keys are just a bit little smaller then the TYTN.

Smaller size with bigger power. The S730 is a good variation of the other "Touchable" Windows Mobiles. Well yes. S730 is not a touchscreen phone. But with all the keys and buttons, is it really necessary?

You can see better comparing the back of the phones. S730 fits into a regular phone form factor. Of course thicker than the ordinary phones, it has a second deck for a full QWERTY keyboard, right?

HTC's WM pocket PC phones are well done. This time, HTC let go for the touchscreen technology and work on a small size keyboard phone. I think on the product line up level, HTC is on the right track. There is no need to produce a whole bunch of good touchscreen phones. There are still a lot of guys wanted to work on solid keyboard rather than the virtual ones.

Are you the touchscreen guys or the QWERTY guys?
We love Mobile Phones
North America: 1-800-890-7731 or 1-425-749-4268
Australia: 1-800-094833 or +61-390018601
UK: 0-800-680-0686
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi