Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > I got my Nokia 8GB N95 only £204.99 (Please lock and Remove Masseur)

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author I got my Nokia 8GB N95 only £204.99 (Please lock and Remove Masseur)
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 01:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
it's actually 3.5g Dicky I wasn't looking at it properley lol
done a google search anyway and it came up something about High Speed data also found a few topics here on it

it's not that quick tbh just a fraction bit quicker

Thanks Marly,
nicephone battery seems good aswell
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 01:45
you see theres times like these that this phone needs a memory card slot lol took me ages to put all my pics on it lastnight of my baby niece

whats new about the firmware btw?

im experiencing no probs atm with mine anyway
Seanyb2
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 02:40
Good morning Kerry glad to see your enjoying your new toy. I noticed when i seen the demo of the N95 in that Vodafone store that the firmware was 11.something i forget the rest. Glad its working fine though. Be careful dont drop no more remotes on it or something worse. Is it not true that whenever you try so hard to look after something expensive or precious you still manage to chip it or drop it no matter how careful you are. I always look after my phones i have gone for months with a phone and never a mark.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 03:51
had a look at the Nokia Discussion board on the Nokia's website,
and found that you can back-up your phone using the mass storage system ive done this and updated the firmware to V15 no probs,

gone and re-installed all my pics nicely back,
well it did it automatically but ive gone and re-installed them to be sure

had to place the charger on the phone to update it cos it wasn't fully charged, ive only used it down to 2 bars aswell and it's telling me to place the charger on to update it tut!

Oh wll it's done now,
the phone has so many folders it'll take me ages to workout anything new thats been added lmao!

Sean, yeah too right im gunnabe careful I nearley had a heartattack when the remote control hit it

im pretty good at not getting any marks on my phones btw,
but these N95's are trouble with a capital "T"

right it's time for bed night all if you have any questions for me on the phone add below
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 13:16
Hi Miss UK

That's a standard message with updating Nokia's to make sure you battery doesn't go flat during an update as if it does you have a bricked phone. Better safe than sorry so they advise having the charger plugged in whilst updating. Have you seen or used the LifeBlog app? as this will back up your text messages and pictures to your computer for you in time line format.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-03-12 12:17 ]
Seanyb2
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 13:31
I sorted out my 6300 anyway. When i said no one could hear me and signal was bad they swapped it in O2 store and its fine now perfect. I have had one with latest software too and call quality is much louder and clearer even with call clarity feature turned off. I leave it off to be honest. Anyway good result.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 15:37
Marc, I knew with all Nokia's they require them fully charged before the update hower mine was down on 2 bars only and I thought updating it would be no problem lol..

I let it charge back to full after the update had finished anyway,
I really thought i'd have to take everything off the handset before updating it and it was very good to know that you can do a backup on the Mass Storage system, it's saved everything good thing to have that!

they should of added a slot for a Memory card still I think though,
cos you cannot transfer anything of the handset without setting up the Nokia PC Suite!

overall its a good phone,
ive no quams over it

Sean, was your handset within the 14day return?
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 15:42
Ps, ive seen the Lifeblog app but haven't opened it yet..
I don't save my text messages due to noisey people looking at them

ive opened the N-Gage application looks like theres some good games on that, i'll have to try and set it up to connect over the Wi-Fi though so I can update everything, I especially wanna open the application folder and see what apps are available for it too

when I open Yahoo Mail on the phone and entering my login and password though it doesn't open it anyone know why?

Cookies are off and pop-ups
Seanyb2
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 15:53
Yes my phone was still in 14 day period. Some shops are now not offering that option anymore with mobiles unless faulty. With alot of shops now there is simply no changing your mind.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 16:08
Well thats good..
didn't you want to get something else though? thought you wanted it unlocked

save up and get a N95
Seanyb2
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 17:13
Yes i do and will change to Vodafone soon. Remember im still waiting for that inheritance from Ireland sometime next month which means i can treat myself to ANY phone i want. Nice. The rest i will save but for now i think i need to keep sensible. Might get something new that comes out next month or maybe an N95 im so tempted.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 17:20
Don't go spending it all at once then,
save it up cos you'll need it when you retire

its a tempting phone to buy,
but just remember it's a phone it doesn't wash up the dishes or anything lol

Nokia are having a laugh selling it for £500,
I don't think it's even worth that now ive got one,

i'd say £200 it should be anyway!
Seanyb2
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 18:50
Yes i agree very over priced that phone though by next month perhaps on the net i will find it cheaper like you did. And i agree yes its only a phone and material things dont matter but ya gotta have some luxuries in life eh if ya can though ya gotta think of people who dont have much. Spend a little save a little my mother used to say if she was still alive she would say WHY ARE YOU SPENDING YOUR MONEY ON SUCH RUBBISH. Lol. Anyway like i said before i plan to leave Brum one day soon this year. How is the battery on that phone is it improved on the old one i wonder. People say my Nokia 6300 has bad battery life but to be honest it aint the best but its not the worst. Its fine and lasts around 2 days with texting and few calls. If you do long calls like i do and browsing the net it kills the battery in 24 hours. The net is the worst i think for killing battery life.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 21:20
Hi Miss UK

When you open up Yahoo Mail on the phone where is this is in the Web Browser or in the Messages app? and i don't understand if it's in the messages app why you would need to enter your user name and password.

As i said the easiest way to set it up is via the link i posted it will send everything to your phone and you won't need to enter anything, you will just need to connect and your messages will download.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-03-12 20:21 ]
themarques
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 22:49
The power of a marketing is funny, what's more funny is when its a woman marketing the product.

I realise the first part of the thread was very interesting as it was an amazing deal well done for spotting it, but the part that makes me laugh is Dogman has had this phone for ages (myself included) and has done an extensive review, and now I see the same questions haha been asked... tut tut boyz.

Miss UK, I think you should go into marketing you seem to be doing very well, you drummed up so much interest on a phone that is mmm well in mobile terms getting old (N96 on its way in August)..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic