Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > New P1i Firmware - R9K009 - R6G04

Previous  123 ... 29 303132  Next
Author New P1i Firmware - R9K009 - R6G04
kenoby
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-13 11:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Backup
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-13 16:03

On 2008-04-12 02:47:27, PlayOn wrote:
@Nipsen

Yes it's never be a problem to receive messages during a phone call (both incoming or outgoing call)

The phone crashed when I got sms or try to send sms (click on send) when or nearly when I got incoming call, my phone keep ringing but I can not click yes / no (the icon button is un-clickable and so the other hardware button) the only thing I can do is push the hardware power button for more than 20 second to shut it off or remove the battery

@mobman
when I let the phone stop ringing, It's crashed I can do nothing except remove the battery, I was scare to death thinking that I might got an expensive 'brick' LOL

I wrote a new entry on the wiki for the notification thing. Please take a look at it and add or change things you think should be there - or just add your nickname towards the end.

(and be patient with the load- times.)
The p1 Whiki - report your bugs, and add feature requests here.

"Brothers and Sisters, believe! Believe in the salvation of Demand Paging, 'eah!"
PlayOn
P900 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-13 17:31

I wrote a new entry on the wiki for the notification thing. Please take a look at it and add or change things you think should be there - or just add your nickname towards the end.

(and be patient with the load- times.)

er.... what u mean m8y?
a place called freedom
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-13 18:36
The link in my sig is to the wiki- page for the p1. We're trying to make up something a bit more permanent and focused than posts on a forum, or calls to the support- department. And there's a page for feature requests. Either for SE, or other developers who might want to improve on the existing software.

The sigs is so people can signal they're interested in something particular, or to confirm bugs. ..Haven't had too much traffic so far, though, for all the complaining about the phone out there

"Brothers and Sisters, believe! Believe in the salvation of Demand Paging, 'eah!"
PlayOn
P900 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-14 03:50
Darn.... fool me... haha! I forgot about P1 whiki below there lol.

Hey how about do some link exchange? I think it will be usefull for our visitors
a place called freedom
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-14 13:46
Well, I won't link to any individual sites, or any non- open community pages on the wiki. So unless it's something exceptional that concerns UIQ, such as "read about the Open letter", and so on, we can't do that. We probably should've hosted the open letter on the wiki as well - but since we don't have any official community- sites...

(You're free to edit as much as you'd like on the wiki, though... as long as it's not only laying out feed for the google- bots, I mean And I won't delete any inventive attempts to write ads for other pages. Such as "UIQ's future: in an interview with UIQ's spokesperson ->BEEBOP-MANIA<- (woot! LINK!) learns that UIQ's ideas factory consists of Larry, a fifty- two year old janitor who walks into the office in Rönneberg once in a while when the light- bulbs go out. READ THE WHOLE THING HERE, CLICKETY!".

Allright, maybe someone will edit that a little bit... ).

PlayOn
P900 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-14 15:59
someone will edit that for sure haha!

about link exchange... it's ok m8y I'm understand about ur concern

cheers
a place called freedom
myth®
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-04-16 21:19

SEUS has been updated to ver. 2.8.4.11 and

'Continue anyway' + latest fw (R6G04 for GW1) are back..
HTC HD2 [16 GB] + SE HBH-DS980
XU.A.EX
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-04-29 01:30
what is the last firmware for cda R6F38 ?
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-29 03:45
..It's easiest to tell the firmwares apart by the organiser- versions, because they seem to change every time, and are common on all the firmware versions. So the R6*** after the organiser is the "version" of the firmware. The cda(custom data area) is identified by the number after the slash (at the end of the status- screen) - 162022/*. 162022/1 is GW1(World Generic 1). The latest version is R6G04. I think all cdas have the latest version by now, except the phone- company branded ones, that are on the R6F-- or R6E-- versions still.

uhlaw
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-04-29 19:43
After i flash to singapore firmware by writing GDFS, i update with SEUS. But it written "Update Failed". My SEUS software version is 2.8.4.11. Is it because latest version of SEUS got bugs? I keep trying to update, but at 0%, it already shows "Update Failed"...
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-06 00:22
@uhlaw: there was some sort of problem with seus for a while - apparently it's back to normal for most, but it could be some of the servers are still out. Other than that, look for any sort of conflict on the com- ports - any developer- tools using the com- ports could interfere with the m-router software.. any bluetooth devices with specific drivers... any camera- drivers and other devices that rely on intercepting events on USB.. any older SE phone drivers.. all could be the problem.

Other than that, the flash- version could be it. Try reinstalling the IE version from adobe. And finally, it uses some dotnet calls, I think - the m-router software - so if you've just installed some upgrade for dotnet, try to uninstall it and reinstall one version. Then add one upgrade at a time. Also, if you have disabled dcom calls, or UPNP, the events won't be triggered.. that could be a good first step - to reinit the windows dcom service. That fixed the lag and the fails for me once. *shrug* ..good luck...

joffinjim
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-05-09 10:29
When will be the next release of firmware??????Waiting for thattttttttttttttt!!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: joffinjim on 2008-05-09 09:53 ]
Sebby
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2008-05-10 01:24
Your guess is as good as anybody's, I'd say. [addsig]
technokid17
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-05-10 12:57

On 2008-05-09 10:29:00, joffinjim wrote:
When will be the next release of firmware??????Waiting for thattttttttttttttt!!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: joffinjim on 2008-05-09 09:53 ]

Let's just wait and see. Hope they include new software in the next firmware update.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 29 303132  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic