Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > New P1i Firmware - R9K009 - R6G04

Previous  123 ... 2829 303132  Next
Author New P1i Firmware - R9K009 - R6G04
Sebby
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-09 14:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-04-08 19:12:12, samjuan wrote:
is WG1 updated to the latest version or not yet? Thanks.

Give it a try. [addsig]
petervdp
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-10 08:59
I now think the less responsiveness of the touch screen is caused by Gdesk. Which use co-incided with my firmware upgrade. Perhaps the UI speed is also effected by Gdesk.
Also, turning the icon on in Swiss Manager Pro may have the same effect, I am not sure.
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2008-04-10 14:59
Just updated and wish I hadnt...

The phone seems alot slower, specifically when trying to go 'Back'...

I have my shortcut key set to Standby so with a single press it should jump back to the Standby screen irrespective of where I am... There is at least a two second delay before it responds, same is true of hardware back key and onscreen version of it!!!

Not impressed... May give it a full master reset and see if that helps...
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-10 15:12
i honestly didnīt see too much changes on speed...but i updated months ago

anyway...soon it will be time for another update (i guess May)
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
PlayOn
P900 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-10 15:27
please someone PM me if there's any new firmware for P1i which can avoid it got 'hang' when reach sms and call at the same time...
a place called freedom
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-10 15:52
How did you manage that, playon? ..Do you have the notification dialogue enabled, with the popup window? (If anyone can confirm that one, I'd be very grateful.)
The p1 Whiki - report your bugs, and add feature requests here.

"Brothers and Sisters, believe! Believe in the salvation of Demand Paging, 'eah!"
petervdp
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-10 16:36
In my case, I don't think that the back or shortcut/standby key respond is in itself slow. It's the drawing of the full screen that may take a few seonds for some items
PlayOn
P900 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-11 09:45
click on shortcut icon while u're online and click on message and there u are u can write sms.

to be honest what I mean earlier is 'got' sms and phone call at same time not 'reach' lol I don't know what was in my mind at that moment haha!
a place called freedom
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2008-04-11 11:42

On 2008-04-10 14:59:25, Caspa wrote:
Just updated and wish I hadnt...

The phone seems alot slower, specifically when trying to go 'Back'...

I have my shortcut key set to Standby so with a single press it should jump back to the Standby screen irrespective of where I am... There is at least a two second delay before it responds, same is true of hardware back key and onscreen version of it!!!

Not impressed... May give it a full master reset and see if that helps...

Seems to have sorted itself out now and is performing on par with previous version... Seems like BB Connect needed a day to settle in?!?!

@ares

Just managed to get this version on my 'Netherlands Trade' handset so dont think there will be anymore updates for me as the G900 will hopefully be along before my CDA gets another update!
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-11 13:35

On 2008-04-11 09:45:58, PlayOn wrote:

to be honest what I mean earlier is 'got' sms and phone call at same time not 'reach' lol I don't know what was in my mind at that moment haha!

Still, can you reproduce it? If you send an sms to yourself the next time you're making a call - does it hang again? Will the phone hang only when you receive sms from numbers stored on the sim- card? Will it hang only when the preferences->device->sounds->message-> "show message" is turned on?

So if you can narrow it down a bit, that would be great. ..Do you have any other applications running that tried to show a notification screen at the same time...? Anything out of the ordinary?

"Brothers and Sisters, believe! Believe in the salvation of Demand Paging, 'eah!"
PlayOn
P900 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-11 14:02
@nipsen

It's hang when I got sms and phone call at same time, it's happen rarely by coincident and I can not make it happen on purpose since u know when u sending sms u can not be sure when the text arrive at recipient's side.

BTW do u interested to exchange link with me?
a place called freedom
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-11 14:31
Let's keep it on the board.

But you're saying it's not a problem to receive messages during a phone- call.. - the phone crashed when you got a message right before you pick up the call? If so, that's great - it confirms to some extent that it should be the notification- dialogue interfering with the high- priority call screen.

..apparently it's like this: the call screen has some sort of unbeatable priority - so that anything else happening on the screen will fall behind it. Which makes sense. But probably the notification dialogue for the sms is either interfering with some look- up server component, or possibly the screen- priority.

mobman
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-04-11 15:18
@ playon

could you recreate it if you disabled your answerphone and just let it ring until the txt comes through?
PlayOn
P900 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-12 02:47
@Nipsen

Yes it's never be a problem to receive messages during a phone call (both incoming or outgoing call)

The phone crashed when I got sms or try to send sms (click on send) when or nearly when I got incoming call, my phone keep ringing but I can not click yes / no (the icon button is un-clickable and so the other hardware button) the only thing I can do is push the hardware power button for more than 20 second to shut it off or remove the battery

@mobman
when I let the phone stop ringing, It's crashed I can do nothing except remove the battery, I was scare to death thinking that I might got an expensive 'brick' LOL
a place called freedom
ScottXe
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-04-13 10:03
Before upgraded to the new version, what we should do to avoid reinstalling all software and reconfiguring the phone. Thanks!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 2829 303132  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic