Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > My W960i Touchscreen Malfunctioning

Author My W960i Touchscreen Malfunctioning
Kiemyster
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-01-23 22:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
well, I purchased my W960i on december the 28th. a month later, and the touchscreen isnt working. sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. i dont know whats going on.

i looked through the manual, googled, and got nothing. i do notice this thing that says: lock the taskbar. could that be related to the problem? anyone here knows what i need to do? its really pissing me off.

even the Walkman softkeys arent working. all the keys are working, the jog dial, and the volume keys.

thanks for your help
Rishone
Z520 black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-24 07:31
If it is software problem(Bug), then a Master Reset or a Firmware update may fix your phone, if its a hardware fault, then you can take it to the service centre.

Warn you that, this will delete all your Personal Files, installed applications and Settings

Back up your phone using the PC suit.

To Master Reset:
1) On your phone, Go to Control Panel -> Other -> Master Reset.

To Update the Firmware

1) Download SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Servise) from Sonyericsson website
2) Run it and Follow the instructions, update the Firmware even if it says you allready have the latest firmware.

[ This Message was edited by: rishone on 2008-01-24 06:33 ]
Kiemyster
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-01-24 12:21
alright, thanks for your help!
ill master-reset it tonight. i think im gonna get rid of the phone sooner than i expected. (if these kinds of problems keep arising). My P910 still works fine, never gave me hell... my P990 still gives me utter hell lol, hence why i didnt go back with it.

awh well... ill let u know if it works.
latinorock
W960
PM
Posted: 2008-02-09 02:40

On 2008-01-24 07:31:27, rishone wrote:
If it is software problem(Bug), then a Master Reset or a Firmware update may fix your phone, if its a hardware fault, then you can take it to the service centre.

Warn you that, this will delete all your Personal Files, installed applications and Settings

To Master Reset:

To Update the Firmware

2) Run it and Follow the instructions, update the Firmware even if it says you allready have the latest firmware.

Had the same issues. There is no way in hell you can get to the Master Reset option. You can get to the menu for it but once you attempt to do the reset it ask you press next and guess what/where you have to press....the "Next" button which can only be done by pressing the screen.

So I the next thing I did was update firmware via the Sony Ericsson update s/w. Updated and I couldnt get past the first screen where you choose your language.

So screwed. Good luck with that cause I couldn't find out what to do.
jakontil
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-02-09 03:27

On 2008-02-09 02:40:28, latinorock wrote:

On 2008-01-24 07:31:27, rishone wrote:

To Master Reset:

To Update the Firmware

Had the same issues. There is no way in hell you can get to the Master Reset option. You can get to the menu for it but once you attempt to do the reset it ask you press next and guess what/where you have to press....the "Next" button which can only be done by pressing the screen.

So I the next thing I did was update firmware via the Sony Ericsson update s/w. Updated and I couldnt get past the first screen where you choose your language.

So screwed. Good luck with that cause I couldn't find out what to do.

OMG i think i have had the same problem, not that the screen mulfunction, but rather it's less than accurate, need to align it

i had the same problem, and tried to scan every inch of the screen to get pass through the language selection though and managed to align the screen......

what have u done with your W960, have u changed any font or icons?
xktcustardx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-02-17 23:10
you guys seem clever

i can put music onto my phone and play the files individually, but when i try to "update music" on walkman, it just says

" application: walkman
reason code: user
reason number: 11"

please help, i love this phone!
scaramanga89
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-03-26 14:22
I had the same problem. Navigate to a note and scribble all over the page with the stylus. This seems to realign the screen .it worked for me )
jake_29
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-06-03 13:48
I bought a W960I about a month ago, this is a killer phone amazing features like the walkman. it worked perfectly until one day the touchscreen just stopped working!! i followed the instructions on this page (backed-up,master reseted,upgraded) however this only half fixed the problem, the bottom touch buttons work but the top ones are still not like the taskmanager icon, even with the stylus!!! it seems very inaccurate also. what can i do? are sony ericssons rubish?..... or do they just malfunction?
DJ Rasta
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-06-09 11:21
Hey!
My W960i is only about 3 months. And one day after i took it out of my drawer, the screen just went crazy. It will respond to touch, however, it only clicks one little coner of the screen(tha task manager button). It's happened about three times now. And at the moment it does seem to be fixing itself like last time.
Can anyone please help me!!!!
I've been a true follower of Sony Ericsson for years now, and their best model yet seems to be failing me.
To make things worse for me, i live in Zambia and there is no Sony Ericsson customer service store anywhere, not even in the neighbouring countries. so i need some remote solution>
strizlow800
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-06-09 12:25
Did anyone of you tried to update the firmware if the phone...

Problems like these may appear due to an old outdated firmware version containing bugs...
Sony Ericsson software/hardware support!

Phone Flashing Tutorial (DB2020 CID49/51/52)
myth®
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-06-09 12:58
@strizlow

This is not entirely correct, as if it were due to buggy firmware, one should have thise issue right after purchase or fw flash, and not after one or several months.

If the problem is really firmware related, it may be due to corruption or alteration of any system files by a 3rd party software or anything else. And if this is the case, yes, a master reset or reflash may solve it.

But I believe that a hardware problem (damaged ts or loose lcd cable) is the reason for most of these ts issues.

[ This Message was edited by: myth® on 2008-06-09 18:09 ]
santi_g
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-09-17 19:27
I dont know if it's a bit late but I want to return the favor to everyone who has had this problem.
This is how I fixed my touchscreen. You can do it yourself. If you dont have the heart to, have someone else with more experience do it for you.

VISIT this Site:

CLICK HERE
[ This Message was edited by: santi_g on 2009-09-17 18:28 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi