Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > HTC Touch - Touch Dual - Touch Cruise - HELP!

Author HTC Touch - Touch Dual - Touch Cruise - HELP!
F1
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-22 20:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
what one is best to buy? i dont realy mind about the price i just want the touch flow experience

is the touch cruise a massive peice of kit? will it look like i have a weapon in my pocket... lol

what about the touch dual is the lack of wifi a bad thing?

and can the original touch be updated with the new firmware for the beter on screen keyboard?

and what is the difference in specs in terms of ram and processors, does the difference if any make a difference in the use of the products.

thankyou for anyhelp in advanced
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2008-01-22 23:50
To be honest, TouchFlo is pretty lame. There are only a few menus that use TouchFlo so as soon as you get into an application, you will need a stylus. Don't base your choice on TouchFlo, you'll be disappointed if you do. HTC have more to offer than the half ass touch interface.
F1
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-22 23:52
just got off the phone to vodafone

thinking on buying the v1615 branded htc tytn ii

apparently theres no branding?
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-01-23 12:41

On 2008-01-22 23:52:30, F1 wrote:
just got off the phone to vodafone

thinking on buying the v1615 branded htc tytn ii

apparently theres no branding?

Not exactly true - externally there's a Voda logo front and back, internally there's a Voda logo on startup, Voda-skinned dialling screens, and a few other customisations. Much of it is reversible if you follow tips on the Modaco or XDA Developers forums; for a more radical solution there is software on XDA Devs (called HardSPL) which will allow you to remove the Voda firmware altogether and install the nicer, cleaner HTC original ROM - or one of the many other home-cooked alternatives. It'll invalidate your guarantee etc, but life's too short to worry about that

The good news is that the 1615's aren't sim-locked, at least mine wasn't - and the branding is much worse on the Orange, Tmobile, and O2 variants.

There's a bit of a hoo-ha over the lack of video drivers on these handsets at the moment - users are trying to put pressure on HTC to release them, to improve video/graphics performance, and HTC's response hasn't been good. Basically, you may want to read up on that if video/gaming is important to you in a mobile - at present it's not terrible, but it's not as good as it should be either. On the up side, it's very likely that we'll be getting the new Windows Mobile 6.1 as an update (possibly in February) which is another good reason to use HardSPL - and it's always possible that update will improve the video.

[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2008-01-23 11:46 ]
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2008-01-23 15:33
i have both the tytn II and touch..... personally i prefer the touoch, the previous comments on the touchflo being lame is barmy! i can dop everything i need to with a flick of my thumb.....

only prob witht he touch over the tytn II is the lack of keyboard.... but you get used to the stylist

the touch rocks (but get the newer version of the original - the one with 128meg of ram etc.....).... i have the orignal, its fine, but i assume the double ram would significantly improve performance

i ahev the tytn II forsale
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-01-23 16:01
Just a quick note about the touch-flo - if you like the full version of touch-flo as found on the Touch, but prefer the form factor/features of the Tytn II, rest assured the good people of XDA Devs have long since had touch-flo versions of the Tytn II ROM available. In fact, I think you can install it as a standalone update.
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2008-01-23 16:08
i noticed that on xda developers.... but to be honest, its not as good on the tytn II due to the form factor, although this is simply personal preference
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi