Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Frustrated.close to smashing up phone and computer!

Previous  12
Author Frustrated.close to smashing up phone and computer!
makbil
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-01-14 11:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@itouch, the update program and SEUS use their own drivers so it is normal that you don't have a "remove safely" option for that.
I had a similar problem with my P990. In my case I solved it by installing sw from the supplied CD first, then installing the newer sw from SE web site on top of it. Apparently some modules may be missing on downloaded sw.
Then again, P990 uses Symbian drivers so this may not apply to your case.
P990i: A mistake, a curse and a disgrace So I lowered my expectations and settled for a P1i. I couldn't keep my expectations so low for a long time so now I have an HTC Touch HD
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-14 11:53
@makbil

I connect the phone
Nothing happens(windows doesnt say xxx is connected,Nor safely remove )
No new drive icons on my computer.
There's sonyericsson folder in my computer(u get when install pc suite).if i click on it i can browse the files on my phone.But then i cant remove it safely too.
I guess the problem is with windows.
But with same windows w800 signed usb drivers worked like charm.
unable to figure out the problem -lost the hope.
K700- W800- [W810]- W200-[ P990]=[Current].

One expert at esato that never lets u down
technical-expert.
makbil
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-01-14 12:47
After connecting your phone, right click "My Computer" -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager....
Do you see under the USB or Ports sections any SE devices or ports? If you do, uninstall them and search for new devices, this should reinstall the necessary drivers. If you encounter an error, do this routine again.
If you don't see any SE related devices, disconnect and restart your phone then search for new devices.
You can also just try to plugin the phone to another PC' USB to see if it is recognized.
Is there an option on your phone asking how to connect? (File mode or phone mode). Seems like you are connecting in phone mode so it is normal that the normal USB drivers are not active.

[ This Message was edited by: makbil on 2008-01-14 11:51 ]
None2One
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-01-17 11:35
I live in India and have recently purchased a SE P1i and am still getting used to the various features. I have been facing issues with connecting the phone to my PC. I have a Windows 200 Pro SP 4 in office which cannot be changed. The PC just does not recognize the phone. I have downloaded the latest PC Suite from SE website. My USB ports are not dead, they (and windows) do recognize a 2 GB flash drive in all the ports

Any suggestions to get the sync and file transfer modes working for me?

PS: it works fine on an XP machine.

Also, I was looking for information on how to connect the phone to a Wi Fi hot spot. Is there any write up or procedure on that?

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi