Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Help - Faulty Camera on K800!

Author Help - Faulty Camera on K800!
shazzydoosh
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-08 18:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi, My k800i camera is not working. Whenever I open the lense cover, it brings up the CyberShot screen then states another application is running, and must be closed before I can use the camera!!!

I have no applications running. Have tried switching off and on. Removing battery. removing memory card et. Have performed a Reset (both settings and master). Have also re-installed firmware through SEUS.

I have even tried the Servic menu (>*<<*<*) and the Video call camera works, but when I try to use the main camera I get the same message.

Any ideas... please????
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-08 19:00
I suspect it'll be a problem with either the camera ribbon, or more likely the little micro-switch that activates the camera when you slide open the shutter. This would involve taking the phone apart to check/repair, which may be better been done by someone with more experience if you don't feel confident in doing this.

Have a search around the forum, there should be plenty of info on this problem, it's a reasonably common malady on the K800i!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

shazzydoosh
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-08 20:20
Thanks for the quick reply.

I wouldnt have thought the switch was a problem, as when I open the lens cover, it activates the Camera mode.. but it hangs on "Cyber Shot" "press 0 for help" for a couple of seconds, then tells me another application is running. (have tried pressing 0 lol)

How would the ribbon affect things? Can this be fixed by SE under warranty as it has not been dropped etc
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2008-01-08 20:35
Of course it will.
gaming_guy
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-01-08 21:16
try a full reflash (ie. MAIN + FS and custom pack), if that doesnt work its a hardware issue with the flex ribbon connecting the camera to the main board (from experience)

K700i > K750i > K810i (current phone)

[ This Message was edited by: gaming_guy on 2008-01-08 20:17 ]
shazzydoosh
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-09 00:45
hey,

done full flash in wotan, XS++ and SEUS... all same problem. off to K&N for repair i guess
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi