Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > N95-8gb video quality against w960 video quality/comparison of wifi for both

Author N95-8gb video quality against w960 video quality/comparison of wifi for both
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-12 20:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
---------------------
ahmed-sama
W580 Grey
PM
Posted: 2008-01-12 21:30
A small piece of facts here:

The difference between b and g is only in the data rate flow, NOT the signal strength.

They both operate on 2.4Ghz, and cover almost the SAME coverage diameter.

So if some people say that SE was reported to be better than Nokia in reception of wi-fi signals, then there must be some testing done to back up this...otherwise, from technical point of view: B OR G DO NOT CONTRIBUTE TO SIGNAL STRENGTH.
I am a beta product
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-01-12 21:41
No one said it does.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-12 21:51
@Mizzle

Interesting when you reported you couldn't get a signal on a N95 but could on a W960 we are all expected to accept that as fact as what you say is beyond reproach. Yet when BAVLONDON2 reports his findings that don't agree with you it's rubbish and C**P. I know of BAV from another Forum and he is extremely critical IMO of most devcies he is most definitely not anti SE or Pro Nokia and personally i have no reason to doubt his findings at all.

For someone that is happy to criticise my attitude and how i address people perhaps you should take a look at your self before accusing others of actions you seem happy to exhibit your self.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-01-12 20:52 ]
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-01-12 23:45
well, mizzle, it cud be possible that p1i wudnt be able to get the signal, but surely w960i gets more signal than n95 8gb(on high settings too).....
well shudnt we end this thing? its just wifi!!!!

Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-13 00:23

On 2008-01-12 20:23:10, bavlondon2 wrote:
Or maybe your N95 wasnt working

No doubt it was working, and was capable of getting good reception strength pretty much anywhere, but W960 is better.

@Dogmann
Never said it was rubbish, but fact is that P1/W960 performs way better than N95 does at picking up signals. Surely, he has the right to think whatever he will, but I know that this is not the way things work, and that whatever he posted isn't true - at least not, if it was tested on a working P1.

Anyhow, as with all of your posts, I see a lot of text, but no real meaning. You keep going on and on about something that to most people seems out of this world. Can't really comment on your own special world, but please do learn to separate real life from fantasy.

@thread starter
I think you've found the answer to your question about now, and I will withdraw before things get ugly and out of hand.

@masseur
I suggest locking this thread would be a wise thing to do about now.
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-01-13 00:56
Keep fooling yourself with the same logic
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-13 04:07
@Mizzle

You are right you never said it was rubbish you used much worse language then that let me remind you what you actually said shall i

"@bavlondon
What a load of crap. P1 has a way better reception than N93 / N95."

which you also followed up with

"then your phone isn't working."

Mind you that's quite possible going by the number of people that have problems with thier phones not working properly or restarting to improve performance. Now what is strange is that when some suggested your N95 wasn't working properly you said of course it was but are happy to suggest this to others, just how does that work then?

As for the P1's WiFi is better than the N93/N95 well how come then there are pages and pages of people that have problems with the P1's WiFi and hardly any if even one post of people having problems with the N93/N95 as clearly that just doesn't make any sense if you what you are saying was true does it?

Now as for this comment you really should start practicing what you preach

"Can't really comment on your own special world, but please do learn to separate real life from fantasy."

As i live in the real world where SE are far from perfect now a days unfortunately, unlike you who seems to still be under the illusion they are still quite fantastic. Which makes it kind of hard to understand all these SE fans and users that have so many complaints and problems with thier SE devcies. Just look at the buggy devcies SE now release that take 3 months plus to even receive a firmware to start fixing the bugs the great K850 that has had so many problems that SE have even pulled the advertising campaigns for it and god only knows how many returns they had to deal with . Yet another poorly tested and realeased Flagship devcie which is becoming a bit to much of a bad habit now with SE.

Very obviously i live in the real world and see things as they really are whilst you are the one living in a fantasy land where SE and there products are all just so brilliant. Which just isn't supported by either the posts on this forum or SE's market share and sales as if they are just so brilliant why are they still only fourth with under 10% of the market then ? Surely if they were just so good they would be dominating the market by now wouldn't they?

Oh i know they have only been around 5 years and are just so small so it's going to take time for everyone else to realise how great they are except more SE users are becoming ex SE users and that's a very strange way to grow your user base don't you think? and speaks volumes about just how good SE devcies are that even long term SE users are now abandoning SE and buying other manufacturers devcies and all because SE are delivering such great devcies i think not. I think both you and SE need to wake up to the reality and do something about it whilst they still can.

None of these things would of happened when it was still Ericsson and it's amazing just how many like me wish Ericsson could get rid of Sony and return to being a great company once more like they always were delivering a quality and innovative product that many of us aspired to own. Now that is the reality and not the fantasy world you have created to support a company that is failing to perform and getting worse not better. They need to change and change fast or there is going to be hardly anyone left to buy SE products and that really is sad for what once was such a great company with so much heritage in the mobile industry.

Oh yes and i didn't win best debater for insults or witty one liners but because i put a reasoned argument across and support my points with facts and reason. Which is something you could well learn from rather than spouting unsubstantiated rubbish and just your opinion which you expect us to accept as facts because you say so.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-01-13 03:53 ]
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-01-13 21:39
ok, i have taken the videos..but where do i upload them???

also, i again checked the wifi, n yes, w960i, does get better reception, but, unfortunately i din hav a cam to capture that...
pete101
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-01-18 17:43
ok which phone on the market has the best video recording facilities?

basically I should include the LG VIEWTY which apparently records at 120fps.. (but it's supposedly not as good as they make out)

SE K850? (logically this should be better than the w960 but it didn't have wifi so i didn't consider it but how good is it's video recording?)

N95-8gb

and W960..

is there any other phone on the market which has the best video recording ability apart from the phones i mentioned above?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi