Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > about Smart Communications' MMS (PH)

12  Next
Author about Smart Communications' MMS (PH)
maestro_musica
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-12-19 08:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i found out that Smart Communications can send MMS even in the different network. I have tested it. I donwload MMS from Globe and I am able to view it using Smart. How amazing. Globe on the hand still s*cks. My gosh.

[ This Message was edited by: arnoldc on 2002-12-19 08:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: GOwin on 2003-01-13 04:34 ]
superunknown
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-12-19 09:06
I can send and receive MMS using my globe. ;-)

This post was posted from a T68i

kaishakunin
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-12-19 11:18
How did you manage that? (download from globe?) I tried to recieve MMS from a 7650 and the message redirected me to the globe site. I tried entering, but no dice. Do I have to configure something to recieve/send effortlessly?
maestro_musica
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-12-19 12:49
Actually i can send MMS from Globe but I can't receive it. While in Smart, I can receive MMS from Smart and even from Globe prepaid sender. Knowing that you can't send a MMS message from A Globe prepaid subscriber.

Smart has lots of improvements in it. But the only thing that really disappointed me is that I cannot retrieve e-mails (POP3/IMAP) from Smart while in Globe I can do it as easy as one, two, three.

But I hope to hear about that later. And also, Smart doesn't have any e-mail in it not like Globe that has Globe XTM. I really wish that Smart would have the same thing also.

So meron akong ginagawang MMS sa cellphone ko na pang-xmas. Meron akong papadalang isang taga-globe dahil pinadalan niya ako through Smart at nakuha ko ito kaagad, although I already told Globe to work with my MMS system or else, I won't use my Globe anymore but it is a postpaid service so I can't just refuse to use it because I will pay a 10,000 pesos fine. But there are lots of alternatives for me not to be fined.

So for all of you out there who want to receive a weird Xmas MMS message notify me and send me one too first and I will send you mine with a ringing tone I myself did composed using the SE T68i.
maestro_musica
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-12-19 13:04
Tingnan mo meron pa palang nauna na sa akin na nagrereklamo na talagang ang globe huli sa technology. I have read a posted note saying that he/she's GPRS isn't activated even though he/she went to different Globe outlets scattered everywhere. Alam niyo ba na meron akong isang experience that really made me wonder if Globe really is the number one operator here in the philippines and it goes this way:

Because of my MMS problems, I consulted a Globe center attendant which is near our place. Many latest phones are being offered here just like in Manila so I never doubt that this center won't fail me sa itatanong ko at hindi ako uuwing bigo sa pag-aactivate nitong aking MMS. Then I relate her my problems with my MMS and she get my handset and click something there which I think is the OTA (over the air) settings. Then I told her that I already have it and have activated through the 211 hotline. Then ang sabi nung babaeng yun e " Sorry po Sir, hindi po kasi namin alam kung paano iyan dahil hindi pa kami na-oorient about such thing". Imagine? Sa tingin ko nga e mas marami pa akong nalalaman tungkol sa MMS doon sa attendant pa mismo ng Globe Telecom center na iyon. Ganoon ba talaga ang Globe? E dapat pala e ipasara ko na yun dahil sa hindi rin nila kayang tugunan ang pangangailangan ng mga comsumer which must be the primary concern of that establishment.

So many factors din satisfied me to switch into Smart.
jocer
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-12-19 14:19
[quote]
On 2002-12-19 09:06, superunknown wrote:
I can send and receive MMS using my globe.

tol galing sa smart nakakareceive ka ng mms o globe subcribers din
just to clarify lang
TIA
geussepe
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-12-20 08:17
Hi Im t68i user but still i have a problem regarding my email, MMS and wap! I think my phone since i bought this it has no been configured yet! So pls tell memore on how to configue my settingsd on the following. Pls email me the neede informations in order for me to configure my settings! P ls email me at geussepe_536@yahoo.com!
by the way my line is Smart and my mobile number is +639202284405
kaishakunin
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-12-20 18:40
Help! I still can't recieve MMS on my Smart. I know my MMS is on. Is there any configuration I should follow? I was sent an MMS from Globe and it sent me to a site to retrieve it (repost I know...) shouldn't my phone just open/recieve the MMS?

And how do you make a MMS animation? (Like the Birthday one that comes with the phone) I'd really like to send one out for Christmas.

Smart does rule.
maestro_musica
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-12-21 02:38
geussepe, you can configure your phone easily using the MMS service of Smart. This is how to:

To set-up your MMS:
Type SETMMSET68i then send it to 211.
To set-up your GPRS:
Type SETGPRSET68i then send it to 211

Then you wil receive a confirmation regarding your MMS and GPRS activation. Just follow the instruction and it will be activated for you at no time.

If you have any problem, just post it here.
maestro_musica
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-12-21 02:42
Bakit nagkaganoon? Nawala yung "space" na word dun sa post ko? So because of that, wag niyo iyong sundin. Try ko ulit dito. Please kung sino man ang moderator nito, pakibura nga yung nauna ko ng post na tungkol sa activation ng MMS at GPRS ng Smart. Please

This is the right way:

To set-up your GPRS:
type SET(space)GPRS(space)ET68i(if you are using a T68i)then send it to 211.

Set-up of MMS is same with the GPRS, just change the word GPRS to MMS.

After a few seconds, you will receive a confirmation of the MMS and GPRS activation of your phone. Follow the next instruction and it will be activated for you at no time. That's all.
maestro_musica
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-12-21 02:53
For your MMS activation:
Type SET(space)MMS(space)ET68i then send it to 211.
*just copy the format with all letters capital except the "i" in the ET68i. By the way, this only applies to SonyEricsson T68i handset so ask *888 for the code of your handset. After a few minutes, or seconds maybe, you will receive an OTA(over the air) settings of the MMS, just clicked Install and it will automatically install that to your phone.

For your GPRS activation:
Type SET(space)GPRS(space)ET68i then send it again to 211
*you will again receive an over the air settings and do what you have done in setting up your mms

Upon receiving the settings, you will receive a text message from smart. Do what it says and smart will do the rest. That's all. By the way, since you bought this phone not directly to smart or globe, go to the Menu Connect. Then to Data Comm. Then Data Accounts. After going there, you will find many setting (GPRS and MMS as well as CSD) there. Erase everything living only the settings SmartMMS and SmartGPRS. You can see these settings after you installed the OTA settings I have told you to do so. I think, that will solve your problem
maestro_musica
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-12-21 03:00
kaishakunin,
call *888 regarding your problem and they will aid you with that. Sometimes, when we don't use MMS, they deactivate it. I supposed. After 10-15 days that you didn't use that service even the GPRS one, they deactivate it. Globe is currently doing that, i don't know in Smart.

Regarding animations, I do not know how to build an animation there in SE T68i. I supposed you cannot so such thing. If you are looking for animation, just go to the Esato wapsite and select screen saver. Or you can simply go to the Smart Wapsite and there they offer many animations that costs 15 per download. Or you can also visit, wap.phoneimage.com and there, you can find many animations offered for free.
littlestar
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-12-21 09:33
I am a globe prepaid subscriber and i also have a smart prepaid sim. I tried to activate my MMS and GPRS ng smart sim ko throuh OTA. Ok ayos na bt wen i try 2 view yng mga mms ko na d ko mbuksan ayaw pa rin.May prob daw s network.May charge b GPRS ng smart?Kainis kala ko p nman magagmit ko na yng mms na feature ko. :(

littlestar
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-12-21 09:34
I am a globe prepaid subscriber and i also have a smart prepaid sim. I tried to activate my MMS and GPRS ng smart sim ko throuh OTA. Ok ayos na bt wen i try 2 view yng mga mms ko na d ko mbuksan ayaw pa rin.May prob daw s network.May charge b GPRS ng smart?Kainis kala ko p nman magagmit ko na yng mms na feature ko. :(

littlestar
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-12-21 09:35

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi