Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > N82 out and shipping already!

Previous  123 456 ... 111213  Next
Author N82 out and shipping already!
Dextrr
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 19:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
crossmatched:

My P1i battery sucks ass and needs daily charging sometimes even twice a day! My p990 battery was the crappy as well.

Please do not make bold statements as to SE's batteries last longer than 'X' brand, that's simply not true.

About Nokia's exploding batteries, it was is under developed 3rd world countries, where people often buy 'generic' non-Nokia approved batteries, if I remember correctly.

And the amount of tech and extra 'goodies' Nokia phone have (N95 8gb, N82 ...) I'm surprised it even lasts a day! My P1i doesn't even have 1/2 the stuff an N95 has and it dies just as quick or even faster.
crossmatched
C901 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-16 21:48
dextrr:

Reviews on the net doesn't belittle p1i's battery that much as you did. my friend's p1i battery doesn't behave like that. so your claim about p1 batt can not be true to the thousands of batteries (whether for p1, k850, w810 etc)

Even a nokia official admitted in an interview with eldar that the weakest aspect of their phones are their batteries. Let us not be more knowledgeable than nokia. They themselves admitted that their batts are poor
www.secondmanonthemoon.blogspot.com
we are all works under progress
syed786
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 22:24
so when is n82 coming to stores or internet stores i have not seen it anywhere selling
crossmatched
C901 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-16 22:41
it should be out now. n82 started shipping the day it was announced. maybe due to shipment lead time thats why its delayed a bit
www.secondmanonthemoon.blogspot.com
we are all works under progress
Alpha Trion
Sony CMD MZ5
PM
Posted: 2007-11-16 23:10
@Dogmann

"I really don't get why you all compare SE dumb phones with smart phones as of course they will have better battery life. The reason smart phones don't have as good a battery life is the have a whole OS and lots of apps and are used more than a dumb phone"

Completely agree son. As superb as the users are in this forum, it really frustrates me to constantly read posts comparing completely different phones i.e. smartphones vs 'dumb' phones. Where's the argument in "my phones battery lasts for days........but i cant: view videos, surf web, download email, take pics, record video, edit word etc etc etc........
Your battery lasts for ever because the phones specs & power consumption are basic.

Back to yours & Crossmatched discussion/argument. Surely how long a phones battery charge lasts is directly proportional to usage?
I'm not a particulary high user so batteries have never been too much of an issue for me (a charge overnight every day or so has always been fine regardless what make phone). Its also not rocket science to see that a high end smartphone utilising tons more applications & features will consume battery life quicker than a 'dumb' phone used purely for calls & texts?

That said i feel Dextrr's pain!

Overall, i think the "mobile battery issue" is ultimatly a cost vs size (physical) vs technological advancement (not moving as quickly forward as the rest of phone technology)

MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-17 13:21

On 2007-11-16 22:41:40, crossmatched wrote:
it should be out now. n82 started shipping the day it was announced. maybe due to shipment lead time thats why its delayed a bit

You will be lucky to see it this side of Xmas. q1 2008 more likely, some people are gullable regarding Nokia announcements
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-18 19:19

On 2007-11-16 18:17:06, shyam335 wrote:
You mean exploding batteries
Sorry,couldn't resist

@Crossmatched ... I think Shyam335 was/SHOULD be refering to Nokia's exploding batteries. In the past year there have been more than 4 counts of harmful or even 1 LIFE Threatening/FATAL injury due to their batteries - I'm not talking about FALSE branded batteries, but NOKIA'S battiers. Its serious enough that Nokia RECALLED back a specific line of batteries that was used in MULTIPLE phone lines! SE has YET to do this with any of their phones, and Nokia's recall was just within the last 3mths or less.

On 2007-11-16 23:10:55, Alpha Trion wrote:
@Dogmann

"I really don't get why you all compare SE dumb phones with smart phones as of course they will have better battery life. The reason smart phones don't have as good a battery life is the have a whole OS and lots of apps and are used more than a dumb phone"

Completely agree son. As superb as the users are in this forum, it really frustrates me to constantly read posts comparing completely different phones i.e. smartphones vs 'dumb' phones. Where's the argument in "my phones battery lasts for days........but i cant: view videos, surf web, download email, take pics, record video, edit word etc etc etc........
Your battery lasts for ever because the phones specs & power consumption are basic.

Back to yours & Crossmatched discussion/argument. Surely how long a phones battery charge lasts is directly proportional to usage?
I'm not a particulary high user so batteries have never been too much of an issue for me (a charge overnight every day or so has always been fine regardless what make phone). Its also not rocket science to see that a high end smartphone utilising tons more applications & features will consume battery life quicker than a 'dumb' phone used purely for calls & texts?

(EDITED)...

Overall, i think the "mobile battery issue" is ultimatly a cost vs size (physical) vs technological advancement (not moving as quickly forward as the rest of phone technology)

I think on a specific point Doggman is correct in comparing dumbphones to smartphones (S60); because for the price you pay for EITHER its DUMB for SE NOT to make MORE phones with UIQ within. Smartphones on a global scale is selling MORE and NOT just to providers under contract. Nokia's market share increase by 18% this past year ... mostly due to sales in the S60 marketplace (12%)! Its easy to see that the price released for the N82 & what it offers is the same retail price for the K850 (at least for the next 60days). Ppl will get more value for their dollar, more usage out of their phones, and a smarter purchase. Quality of pictures can be argued for DAYS on end - I don't really care the size of the photo taken @ 5MP just the QUALITY, when viewed on the phone/PC/Mac/TV/print! If its so negligable in all departments I'm not that picky ESPECIALLY if I get to WiFi surf & built in GPS (WiFi as my provider STILL rips citizens in Canada off, and thus tri-band 3G/HSDPA is of no use to me) - no unlimited data plans.

I'll disagree with currently battery technology. Sorry let me rephrase, although I agree for the MOST part I disagree its due to current battery technology en masse use, and size of a battery. SE for traditional & high end photo phones has SHOWN the world & competition that battery or ENERGY consumption can be frugal; offering better battery life. Its how much energy a phone uses for ALL & most common medial functions that counts THE most not how large a phones battery is. IF nobody has noticed ... cpu's are becoming multi core NOT just in the PC market but ALSO in the smartphone market and are LESS power hungry & intregrating more functions ON the DIE. Less circuits to route power throughout the phone = significant battery life.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Aware
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-19 15:44
Very nice news: From startup:

Even better, with ALL 62 apps open, the device still has 50.9mb!!!

Astounding(esp. for a non-flagship device)! Read the full article at Symbianworld......

p990i(r6d), n82-1(20.0.062)
* treat people as you expect to be treated! *
a-zott platinum/tttt in ~3 years...
rip expanded call lists!
Dextrr
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-11-19 17:08
Aware:

Excellent read! This is amazing. I so want this phone, right now!
Alpha Trion
Sony CMD MZ5
PM
Posted: 2007-11-19 23:20
Nice article. So far so good for the N82, looks like the first reviews/thoughts are looking very promising. Eagerly awaiting a full review anytime soon?......
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-20 13:16
N82 Ad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1KZJ5TatI0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLTh5KJ6T6c

unboxing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tatGZ_X-WXs
darknoob
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-20 18:01
someone saw place to buy/preorder N82 ?

can't find.
DonJuan
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-11-20 18:05
if my 2nd K850 doesnt do what its supposed to and i have to send it back this is what ill be getting next
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2007-11-20 18:05
That much RAM is a bit unnecessary, IMO. I mean, most people don't even open more than one app. at a time. Including me.
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-20 18:31

On 2007-11-20 18:05:42, NightBlade wrote:
That much RAM is a bit unnecessary, IMO. I mean, most people don't even open more than one app. at a time. Including me.

Thats because you use a K850 and not a smartphone. For smartphone users, 128MB is the ideal amount of RAM.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 456 ... 111213  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic