Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SE W910-Not a Music Phone-Review-Latest shocking update

Previous  123 45 ... 101112  Next
Author SE W910-Not a Music Phone-Review-Latest shocking update
kelace
W610 Orange
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-14 06:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-11-14 02:58:27, razec wrote:

M-R is pretty biased in concluding Walkmans are inferior to XMs as they havent reviewed all XMs units and they are now like stupid kids yelling to conclude about something

[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2007-11-14 02:01 ]

I agree .... lets wait n see how mobile-review does a review of the new express music editions from Nokia .... . then may be we can criticise sony ...

[ This Message was edited by: kelace on 2007-11-14 05:38 ]
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 06:44
^^ As of now there is no single review site that can be unbiased. the good thing was that many actual user make reviews here and tell us whatever we liked to know but it doesn't mean i am trying to defend SE for bringing us average sound quality on W910. as i said sound quality can still be boosted up to it's highest quality once SE modders all around the globe had provided us something like acoustic drivers - anyway it's sad that users have to makes something like these just to achieve the quality they yearn for the phone they have
10 years at Esato
swordliger
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 09:41
i dont see whats so bad about the W910i..

the only 'not-so-good' thing is the speakers....thats it !

everything else is excellent.

compare the W910 to N81 for example. im quite sure the N81 will lag like the rest of the N series phones. the N81 hasnt had much software changes so im quite certian about the lag issue
W910 doesn't lag AT ALL !

...and my W910 is branded as well...i haven't had any software issues so far

sound quality through the headphones also depends on the headphones, not entirely on the phone. i plugged fairly new ipod headphones into the W910 and the sound quality was NOTICABLE different to the original ones that came with the phone.
mobilenews
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 18:42
Interesting comments, i have found no issues with the W910i when i used it briefly this wee, my phone should be here on friday so i'll find out how good the W910i is then i suppose
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-14 19:01

On 2007-11-13 13:51:28, NightBlade wrote:
Another hater's thread. Seriously now, this is getting annoying.
W910 is one of the best phones out there and no one can convince me otherwise.

no one is bothering to convince someone who cant understand the difference in bad and good. your recent posts clearly show your level of maturity especially when you said W910 is a music phone all the way for the themes it has, which quite frankly is ludicrous.

N71 + 2GB MiniSD

[ This Message was edited by: QVGA on 2007-11-14 18:03 ]
SE-Naz
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 19:05
Reviews are done by people......... they can be very one sided.... its more about what the user thinks of the product............ I could do a review and feel that a phone suits me better and my prefences, but another person could well say something completly different... does not mean that the phone is good or bad...

For different people it suits them differently... so to some it will be GOOD others BAD... Simple....

who cares if the 1100 sold that much.......... im not talking about crap handsets here... these are for people who dont want any features and dont want to spend that sort of money....

Nokia UI is complex compared to that of the SE 1, which sells the phone quite simply and the fact it has all the fancy features like shake and sense... sells the phone more so

Cheers
ENJOY
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 19:47

Reviews are done by people......... they can be very one sided.... its more about what the user thinks of the product............ I could do a review and feel that a phone suits me better and my prefences, but another person could well say something completly different... does not mean that the phone is good or bad...

For different people it suits them differently... so to some it will be GOOD others BAD... Simple....

The review has been done by some trusted websites and experts,and not by anyone who doesnt know anything about phone, give lackluster opinions ,they have some kind of reputation and so many people trust on
them

And no review goes into personal recommendations,wht they give is overview with some proofs like in this case sound quality, and pic quality etc.So if u dont wont to believe in the review, well and good.

Those who are looking for review or who love to know before wht they r going to purchase wheather its crap or not ,and not blindly go and purchase something, so this for them.

who cares if the 1100 sold that much.......... im not talking about crap handsets here...

who cares walkman phones sold 45 mlns,So suppose if the phone is like a crap,and do u think people will go
and buy it.Oh wow look at this once upon a time "they have sold 45mlm walkman phones",

Nokia UI is complex compared to that of the SE 1, which sells the phone quite simply and the fact it has all the fancy features like shake and sense... sells the phone more so

at this point of time i dunno why r u comapring this Nokia with Se ui,this is a thread related to SE w910i -?

the fact it has all the fancy features like shake and sense... sells the phone more so

R u working for SE,anyway it sells or doesnt sells thats not the point,If its gud phone let it sell.If it bad phone-let people decide!!!Lets put the facts on to the table.
Let them decide.

SE-Naz
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2007-11-14 19:56
Yep review are from trusted sites... however they can still be biased/one sided... as if I can get on with a phone it would be very difficult to say if other would find it suitable... so this classes as being one sided...

1100 is a basic handset... which I would never look at and can be compared to the range now...

Forget the UI... the BATTERY is better on phones too.

I dont work 4

Its again my view, not what others may think.........

Cheers
ENJOY
swordliger
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-15 08:04
arunvc seems to love nokia more than SE...lol thats why in every point made, somehow nokia seems to be on top of SE. guess we should all not argue about this anymore =D

mobilereviews arent THAT GOOD. nobody beats GSM ARENA in my opinion when it comes to reviewing.

and if you think about it, the reason why gsmarena hasnt reviewed the W910i could POSSIBLY be that they are waiting for a better firmware to come out first before they will want to review the phone. that way none of this biased stuff will happen saying the sound quality is bad (i'm sure they know that the firmware will improve it =D)
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2007-11-15 08:14
^^ I remember somehow that they have compared N95 and K850 on their review with the former having been blessed with several firmware revisions and the latter being an unfinished prototype - but somehow they have dared to compare the two declaring the former to be the general winner. now tell me if this kind of stuff in GSMArena is unbiased
10 years at Esato
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-11-15 09:28
I fully agree with the review when it says the W910i isn't a music heavy solution.

However, where does it say it isn't a music phone, as the title of the thread is suggesting?
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-15 10:09

On 2007-11-15 09:28:36, goldenface wrote:
I fully agree with the review when it says the W910i isn't a music heavy solution.

However, where does it say it isn't a music phone, as the title of the thread is suggesting?

@GF

When it has poor camera,people said it not cybershot phone, now it doen't seems to do well in music dept as well which atleast its supposed to do?
i doubt what for they released w910?Another execuse people give is it that its neither a camera or music phone its a design phone.

Totally annoying,totall disappoinment.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-11-15 10:22
@arunvc

I understand but MR is saying its not a music heavy solution. That is their opinion which is respected and, despite what some might say, is unbiased.

Its not a music-heavy solution, its a very light-weight music phone which has many good features.

The W880i is the slimmest Walkman phone yet, with an external speaker that leaves a lot to be desired. Yet can you also class that as a non-music phone. Please note that MR concluded that its not much of a music phone. It didn't say it wasn't one.

The W910i is an attractive device but definitely not the best music phone yet.
sassafras
W890 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-11-15 13:48
although the OP is clearly a troll with an agenda this discussion is nevertheless fun to follow. especially when people who dont have or even plan to get the phone feel the need to scream and shout about how poor SEs latest offering *really* is. in other words, standard Nokia fanboy fare.

I've had the phone for a couple of weeks now and I am very happy with it. it's basically a very capable solution that should appeal to a wide range of people. Of course, like any phone, it has its faults. I cant say that I love the keyboard for example and the firmware could surely use some tweaking.

Is it the be all end all of "music phones"? No, of course not. And neither is any other solution, regardless of manufacturer. I'm happy with how the Walkman player performs, havent noticed any noise and only a fool would rate it after how the speakers sound. Sure, I am no audiophile (if I were, I wouldnt be listening to MP3s anyway).

aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-15 14:33
A while ago I remember the nokia fans saying M-R was biased towards SE now its the other way around .

We'll the W910(SE owners in general) have to face facts, the reality of the situation is that SE lag in music quality, they dont have independant chipsets for music playback, and the'yre using almost the same algorithm for music since the K700i days with slight tweaking. I have just purchased a TyTyn2 and with a decent audio player it sounds far better than the W910 does, you can hear more insturments and theres a sort of depth to the music which SE lack.

A few things I disagree with the poster though, the W910 is a music phone, you cannot make claims saying that it is'nt a music phone since the manufacturer has marketed it as a music phone. BUT what I do agree is that its not a very good music phone. One things for sure, the W910 is not worth the money, I'd pay half of what its priced at for it if I ever were to buy it. At the same price I can get a N73ME or a N91 8GB or a HTC Touch, its ridiculous

But remember a comany is on the market for money and profits, so SE are basically using the similar hardware and the same software in several of their phones thus reducing lead time and costs in research. So you really cant blame them.

On another note what I find ridiculous is when other manufacturers are out developing some of the most advanced OS(Android by google, moto, samsung, HTC) and hardware for phones(Nokias dynamic RAM, dual processor development etcc) SE are still stuck on their proprierty junk with substandard hardware(what Nokia was doing a while ago). It is rather disheartning to see.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic