Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SE W910-Not a Music Phone-Review-Latest shocking update

Previous  123 ... 101112  Next
Author SE W910-Not a Music Phone-Review-Latest shocking update
Pop Lover
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 13:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@Night

take it easy man ........ we are no haters and I own the W910 as you see .......

W910 is not a music Phone

the things I see its good in this phone are:-

- Build quality
- Fantastic Screen
- good video recording (although N81 and 5610 record in VGA )
- Nice sense me feature

that's all........
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 14:02
Poplover

But the phone still have a nice music player
---------------------
Pop Lover
C905 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 14:06
SilveR.

nothing great in the music player all the phones has music player with capability of this one.........

as I mentioned before a walkman phone meant to be the best in headset (earphone) sound quality and loudness.......

I am not asking a big deal .........

just a dedicated music chip like in the other brand thats all
ac
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 14:10
The W910 is most likely to receive a luke warm response here in Calcutta also... even when phones like W200 / W810 / W580 are selling very well.

some of the large mobile shop owners have already had a chance to test the music capabilities of the phone and were not impressed.

My personal Walkman favourite is the W830i... great sound and great battery life apart from being an excellent phone in others areas as well.

The Nokia 5310 is doing very well here.
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 14:18
W910 doing very good job here i Sweden too..
People who buy this one is after, Nice Design, good build quality. slim..

---------------------
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 14:20

On 2007-11-13 13:23:31, SilveR. wrote:
So true that orange logo dosent say much.

K750i and W800 is same phone except the software, one is Walkman branded
other one is standard.

But Walkman phone is a mark trick from SEs side. but phone are cool and nice..

It's same from Nokia side with those Musicxpress phones..

Walkman phone is marketing trick form SE but Not from NOKIA, WHY?

Because brand is sony's reowned mp3 player brand,right?.
and with SE marketing their phones With ,People tend to expect walkman like quality which they used to get from Sony Mp3 from their phones."which doesnt live up to expectation" And in the other way nokia has Created brand image called Xpressmusic specifically for their phones.

And not to forget even though Nokia phones are not walkman branded or whatever,they include 3.5 mm jack in most of the phones, which a branded phones is definately supposed to have

As u may have known better quality headphones can improve the sound qaulity of phone a lil,and u can use whtever headphones u want,and whtever ur comfortable with, unlike with SE ur stuck with fast port connector,that does seems to be little faulty on longer use.
Becasue i replaced my charger 1s and heaphones twice with w800i.
kelace
W610 Orange
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-13 15:26
@arunvc

Hi matey

Well heres my opinion as to why sony ericsson walkman phones are still the best music phones in industry

When comparing to other models from nokia and samsung , only the sony ericsson phones give good quality music .... And here is what I mean by a good quality music ....

It should be balanced in terms of high and low frequencies . And I have had the chances to hear music from almost all of the leading music oriented models from various companies ..... but only sony ericsson phones have a good balance between high and low frequencies .

And all the other brands like nokia and samsung have a pretty good performance in thier higher frequency notes ( I mean shrillness ) but they fail miserably when dealing with low frequencies . This is where sony ericsson outhshine its competitors and actually they are in a world of thier own ... clearly much superior ...

Mind u a good music lover wants a balance b/w shrill and bass !!!!

Also I am pretty sure that all the subtle notes as those heard from a base guitor ,voila, base drum , etc ... can never be heard clearly unless a music player can handle lower frequencies ...... This is where sony ericsson walkman phones out perform all others ....

AFAIK , only walkman phones have a good balance in this regard .....

Also mind u the MEGA BASS which they say is pretty good is actually pretty bad as its deals only with high frequencies and completly ignores the higher frequency sounds .....

::::CONCLUSION

WALKMAN BRANDING IS NOT A HYPE AS U SAY ..... BE A GOOD MUSIC LOVER .... UNDERSTAND WHAT THE TERM "GOOD QUALITY SOUND" MEANS "

WALKMANS ARE THE BEST

[ This Message was edited by: kelace on 2007-11-13 14:28 ]
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 15:36
Walkman phones are music phones all the way!
From the themes, to the music player - everything is stylish and music-y...!
best music player out there, IMO. And the inclusion of a 3.5mm jack would just make the phone thicker (Nokia, anyone?). One could just use the adaptor on the headphones.
Discord
W980
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 15:42
@arunvc

Please stop it. You're embarrassing yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkman

Your mention of "Walkman-like quality" is firstly subjective, and probably groundless. I personally haven't bothered to read any reviews about the sound quality of Sony's recent MP3 players and I'm betting that you haven't as well. What makes you so certain that the music quality of their players are much better than their competitors? Or their phones even...

If a company's offering is not what you would consider value for your hard-earned cash, exercise your right as a consumer and walk away.
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 15:49
@discord
Recent Sony mp3 players, even the past sony mp3/md players (not phones) have/had, one of, if not the best sound quality going around. My nw-a808 i had sounded fantastic! Left my sis ipod for dead! There, you read a tiny little review/opinion

back on topic
Discord
W980
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 15:52
Pardon me. I'm just weary of basing/griping threads and decided to post again after oh-so-long.
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 15:56
@discord
yeah i know..... my post really had nothing to do with this thread as i have no idea what arunvc wrote above, which you were replying to.... was just an off topic comment about sony mp3 players
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 16:00
Why does people complain SE about they don't have 3.5mm.you still can use whatever 3.5mm headphones you want to SE phones, just get HPM70.
---------------------
Discord
W980
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 16:04
@>500
Great opportunity then. Back on topic, music capabilities of the W910 aside (I'm not an audiophile), how's the phone hardware wise? I've read about some issues concerning the new A200 platform but that's not gonna be a long-term problem since we all expect new firmwares to be released. I'm currently using a W880 alongside my P1. Was just thinking of replacing my W880 and am considering the W910.
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-13 16:11
Discord

at Music side W910 still better than W880.
And the new A200 platform works good in W910. No crashed hangs at my phone.. Mine is unbranded version
---------------------
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic