Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SE W910-Not a Music Phone-Review-Latest shocking update

Previous  123 ... 89 101112  Next
Author SE W910-Not a Music Phone-Review-Latest shocking update
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-23 00:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@spybrowser

U should consider n81 and 5610

I would suggest 5610,,becuase it has amazing 2.2 inch 16 mln colour screen
and 3.2Mp AF camera.has a dedicated sound processor.nice feel of texture.
And reasonably price and gud looking too,go to ur nearest store and check it out its really looks good in life.

u may find the review here
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5610_xpressmusic-review-199.php

Next N81 is also excellent choice

W910-Wont recommend, looks good but nothing else. Phone restart Problem-bug etc..Still not fixed no firmware

W580i-Not, best of construction-wont recommend

[ This Message was edited by: arunvc on 2007-12-22 23:49 ]
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-23 00:52
There's is not a single phone, you'd recommend @arunvc, so you're deluding him right now.

W910 is really a great buy and I've got STACKS of people here agreeing with me on this. If you want the most advanced music phone out there, go for W960, because this baby kicks ASS!
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-23 00:55
@ mizzle

but he seems to be intrested only on the 4 he mentioned, i thought of not confusing him

SE series always sounded the best, once upon a time, with legendry w800.But if u take up SQ 5610, n n81 have better sound reproduction than w910 n w580.If U dont believe this try music quality thru all these
4 phones, u will will definately say 5610 n N81 are better in SQ.

And 5610 also looks gud,And reasonable.Dont just buy SE just becuase u bought SE, give the 5610 or n81 a try u wont regret i bet.they r definately best of these 4 in terms SQ.Finally the choice is urs.

Heres order of my Recommendation

1)5610
2)N81
3)w910
4)w580

[ This Message was edited by: arunvc on 2007-12-23 00:14 ]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-23 01:36

On 2007-12-23 00:52:54, Mizzle wrote:
There's is not a single phone, you'd recommend @arunvc,...

Agreed, arunvc has a reputation for starting threads criticisng models with outlandish statements.

SE have thier own idea of what a music phone is: My music focused V630i has a dedicated Play/Stop button, A2DP, Disc 2 Phone software, Plug-in stereo speakers, great earbud headphones, a 256MB memory card and USB cable. Plus I bought a MMC-60 cable for only NZD$28.

My wifes similarly priced Samsung Z400v has no memory card and can't even minimise the music player And good luck trying to find any accessories...

My sons similarly priced Nokia with inbuilt Stereo speakers has a useless 64MB card and doesn't come with USB cable. It's obviously not music focused!

Sound quality is relative to the listener. I'm quite happy with the quality AND VALUE represented by music phones such as the K618/V630i and models. And judging by the sales success of the brand, so are many others.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
spybrowser
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-23 01:49
The confusion never ends till I buy one…

I will check out 5610 and w910i tomorrow, not sure which one I will go for.

@arunvc
I am definitely not going for N81 very clear about that, one of my friends got them . It is Buggy. Navi wheel is not that great. It is Bulkier. And also considering there are not many games available at the moment. Price is on the higher side among those 4 models. But I will have a look at 5610.

@Mizzle
Nice review mate. As I mentioned earlier w910i is attractive.

Great pic: http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3826/officialpicture3fv2.jpg

In your review you do not have much good to say about SenseMe and shake control. Even I don’t think I will be using shake control much and attract undue attention in public. But it is cool.
How about SenseMe, It will be great, if it can auto generate playlists based on my mood. What is your experience like? Bcoz I have songs in diff. languages and genre.

BTW are there any motion sensor games available for w910i other than the preinstalled ones?

Thanks!!

[ This Message was edited by: spybrowser on 2007-12-23 00:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: spybrowser on 2007-12-23 00:54 ]
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-23 02:08

On 2007-12-23 01:49:29, spybrowser wrote:
@Mizzle
Nice review mate. As I mentioned earlier w910i is attractive.

Great pic: http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3826/officialpicture3fv2.jpg

In your review you do not have much good to say about SenseMe and shake control. Even I don’t think I will be using shake control much and attract undue attention in public. But it is cool.
How about SenseMe, It will be great, if it can auto generate playlists based on my mood. What is your experience like? Bcoz I have songs in diff. languages and genre.

BTW are there any motion sensor games available for w910i other than the preinstalled ones?

Thank you

Well, ShakeControl is not really a feature that's needed for anything but impress your friends and show-off in the bus or something like that It's cool, but not really that useful. SensMe could be a useful thing, if the songs could be processed on the phone and not with the PC application. The application is too slow in my opinion, and I really never wanted to convert any of my hundreds of songs because of this.

There's only one game making use of the motion sensor in W910, and that's Marble Madness. Currently I don't believe there are any others out there, but don't worry, they'll come
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2007-12-23 10:48

On 2007-12-23 00:48:13, arunvc wrote:
@spybrowser
..gud looking too... its really looks good in life.

Now repeat after me:
Nokia phones do not look good. They have the same old design, boring colour combiations (if any) and cannot compare to SE phones (at least in terms of design).

PS. Yes, there are a few exceptions.
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2007-12-23 11:15
I saw a dummy of 5610 and it looked great... I think the real one would feel better too...
driftmania
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2007-12-23 18:48

On 2007-12-23 10:48:29, NightBlade wrote:

On 2007-12-23 00:48:13, arunvc wrote:
@spybrowser
..gud looking too... its really looks good in life.

Now repeat after me:
Nokia phones do not look good. They have the same old design, boring colour combiations (if any) and cannot compare to SE phones (at least in terms of design).

PS. Yes, there are a few exceptions.

Well SE has the same old features and same old bugs.
spybrowser
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-23 23:25
As I mentioned earlier, I went to mobile store today to have a look at w910i and Nokia 5610 XpressMusic.

Nokia 5610 xm
I had a look at this one first, as it got 16 Mil. Color display screen, 3 Px Camera, reasonably priced compared to the expensive w910i and as mentioned in some of the review sites it is said to play music well. But unfortunately my experience with this plastic toy was not too great. Look wise it doesn’t come anyway near close to w910i.
The salesperson had a tough time with this phone too. After starting the phone it got hanged. Then after a lot of trials, removing battery, SIM he finally managed this to working.

Display:
The interface, menus are as we see in Nokia, nothing much to boast about. I want to know, is there anyway for us to find out the display is indeed capable of handling 16m. colors? I have seen Nokia 6300 screen which got 16m color and it look fantastic, I don’t think this one is anyway near to quality of 6300 forget about SE as we all know it is still stuck with 262K colors. In my opinion w580i got a better color and contrast than this, though it doesn’t have 16m color. This made me think a display size of 2.2 inch having 16m colors does it really make a difference? Looking at this phone’s display I would say NOOO.

3Px Camera:
I took couple of photos, they look good in screen. No idea how it will be when transferred to PC. Just have the feeling 5610 will beat w910i fair n square in this department.

Music: The All important one:
I really wonder how the review sites gave good ratings to this phone for its music playback. I didn’t like it. My k750i used to have much better sound quality than this one and for that matter I believe all the series will be much better than this one for sure not the w200 .
Keep it on full volume it does well, just as you reduce the volume NAAA . All it can do is play music at high volume the quality of sound diminishes as you reduce volume.

All this while he was trying to convince me about this phone telling Nokia’s resale value which is true, 3Px camera, 16M. display n all. May be he gets more commission selling Nokia, but I wonder why he should be doing that as most people here are Nokia fanboys.

Conclusion:
This phone comes with 512MB mem. card, a music phone with 512 MB card for me is pointless. I asked the salesperson about the cost of 2GB MicroSD. Doing simple math this one will now cost just below w910i price. Considering my experience with the phone so far, I don’t mind paying bit more for SE now.

…..

At this moment I am pretty clear and decided to go for w910i. But I don’t want to make a rash decision, asked the salesperson to show the w910i as well. I enquired about the restart issue, slow UI all those problem I could recall that I read in esato. He assured me he sold more w910i than 5610 and so far he hasn’t received any complaints. And now he was about to show me the look and feel of w910i. And to everyone’s surprise in the shop the phone just couldn’t start .

I think may be something to do with the dummy SIM that he was using because even with 5610 this was the same problem at first. It was time for them to close the shop and he asked me to come tomorrow. Unfortunately I didn’t have a chance to see this phone working .

The whole experience had put me in spot of bother, now I am pretty clear and will not opt for Nokia 5610 XM, but the question is with w910i. Should I check again tomorrow or was that a problem something to do with dummy SIM?

Thanks!!
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2007-12-23 23:41
Why dont you give chance for a Samsung i450? it's got a dedicated sound chip too as well as a dedicated amplifier and 2.1 3d stereo speakers. i love samsung's display anyway it's got excellent colors indoors but washed out outdoors but hey even the famous samsung LCD panels were illegible under the sun and built quality is better than the two and it's got a newer music layer UI unlike the somewhat boring N81 music player UI.
10 years at Esato
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2007-12-24 00:02

On 2007-12-23 18:48:13, driftmania wrote:
Well SE has the same old features and same old bugs.

Same old bugs - no. Same old features - maybe.

Personally, I know lots of people who'd chose design over premium features.
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2007-12-24 02:34
who gives a s""t if w910 dosent have some special music chip !!!!!

i should never in my life buy something like the big, ugly, expensive N91, just beacuse it have little louder sound...its sooooo ugly & bulky

N81 its the only Nokia phone who looks ok...the rest looks like crap.

i like w910 because its realy beatiful, slim, good sound (yes, its realy ok), Mediaplayer 3.0, very good big screen, good battery time and realy realy fast UI

technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-24 07:43
@spy browser
This display in 5600xm set so that it is well visible in all condition(where u sure the display was set at 100%), Regarding the music playback if u use a high quality heaphones with it thru the jack sQ will be good enough. And at last if ur tilted with w910 go for it.But i wouldnt say w910 has good sound like previous walkmans.But if u all u want is looks then go for it.
K700- W800- [W810]- W200-[ P990]=[Current].

One expert at esato that never lets u down
technical-expert.
spybrowser
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-24 11:25
@arunvc
Why should I spend more for w910i if Nokia 5610 XM is capable of doing its job good? But unfortunately this phone (5610) is not good. As far as the display is concerned I am sure brightness was set to 100%. And if I have to change the headphones to improve SQ, buy new memory card (only 512 MB with box) this all add up to w910i price.

The only plus point this phone got is 3Px camera. But if you take into consideration, w910i features like new walkman 3.0 interface, shake control, SenseMe .. more or less evens out.

So my bet for now is w910i. But I still need to check the sound quality before making the final decision.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 89 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic