Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SE W910-Not a Music Phone-Review-Latest shocking update

Previous  123 ... 789 101112  Next
Author SE W910-Not a Music Phone-Review-Latest shocking update
technical-expert
W595 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-18 14:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

like the person who posted this topic, all he/she's been doing is bashing the W910i

Well,i have just posted the review,and we are discussing some facts i never bashed w910i,and never said no one should buy or not buy,just the facts again "LET THEM DECIDE"so if ur satisifed with w910i well and good, and
lets not say that
Mobile-review and all other review sites in the world wanted to bash SE w910i, after all the reviews are made is to help people,to make a decision and if it all somone gives some negative comments people come out with crazy explanations that they have had faulty phone, the review is biased, reviewer is not upto the job etc..,

So according to you telling the truth=bashing
"Three things cannot long be hidden the sun, the moon, and the truth."

"That is what being said here."

"Making people think"

As i said before

And those who have this phone already, i understand its painful to know this facts.But truth should be said to prosepective buyers right?

[ This Message was edited by: arunvc on 2007-11-18 13:20 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-18 15:36
@arunvc

Don't you get it to certain factions here on ESATO if you don't love and worship SE or dare Criticise them you are quite simply the enemy or a traitor.

Little thing like the facts are of no consequence at all just because it is SE always makes it the best and Nokia's and other devices are all rubbish and always will be again irrespective of the facts.

@all

This idea and continuing to accept and buy what ever SE churn out is what has caused SE so many problems, quite simply SE are selling devices based on the Sony name and Walkman and Cybershot branding which for a while has worked in their favour. But not all consumers are die hard SE fans.
Just how many ordinary consumers are going to be prepared to wait for Firmware they don't even know about to fix their devices not many is my guess and once bitten twice shy they will find another device pretty quick and not return.

This continual justification of low old spec devices as not important and saying other manufacturers have problems to is just not doing SE any favours. The old spec is very serious IMO and the amount of time it takes SE to even release firmware is again just not good enough. There really aren't enough loyal and devoted SE fans to support SE so SE really needs to get it's act together and fast IMO.

At least with the P5 SE seems to have realised they were talking about realising a device half way through next year with very much early this year specs and at the last minute have done something about it, i just hope this now transfers to the rest of the range also, and just what has happened to the W960?

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-11-18 14:38 ]
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2007-11-18 16:01
Here's a review from GSM Arena:
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w910-review-186.php
A fairly positive one, too!
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-18 16:08
"Those however coexist with painfully familiar features and applications we've been getting in downright midrange handsets. Too much compromise to put up with in this price range and the tag on W910 is likely to get even the brand loyals a bit reserved. Nokia and Samsung seem to prepare a handful of cool music offerings in this price range too, while their non-music oriented handsets too have good music players. Despite the rich sales package, including a 1GB M2 card and the cool M2 USB reader, the W910 will be under pressure"

i think you missed that.
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2007-11-18 16:14
No, I didn't.
I think you missed the "fairly positive" part of my comment.
According to GSM Arena, in terms of music features (and style), it's a fantastic phone (with the exception of the "don't turn your speaker volume all the way up" part).
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-18 16:19
Listening to music at the maximum volume boosts the total harmonic distortion and the intermodulation distortion, while using lower volume levels leads to huge deviations of the frequency response curve as well as enormous distortion.

so basically it means listen to this specific volume level or sound will suck.
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2007-11-18 16:25
And I see no reason to listen to music on any other level, as it already is (as stated in the review) a phone with a very loud speaker. 2 levels before max. isn't such a big deal.
SilveR.
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-18 16:25
I just don't get why people flame W910. The sound quality sucks compare to other, the price is too high.. balalal.. . IF you don't like it. don't buy it, no one makes you to do it.. because still lot of people buy W910. Right now this phone is one of the best seller in Sweden..
---------------------
swordliger
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-19 03:16
totally agree with the above post =]
KopStar
W910 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-24 22:48
Hey guys,

I have started a firmware overview (http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=159522&forum=17) for the W910i, as a lot of people seem to be having issues with the phone.

Please let me know of any bugs or issues that you encounter with the phone.

Also, if anyone can let me know the CDA of branded phones...

Thanks!
"Where does he get those wonderful toys?"
- The Joker
Current Phone: W910i with 2GB M2
Get themes for your SE K850i and W910i @ http://fluiddynamic.co.uk!
SloopJohnB
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 23:34
made w910 to make money and the damn thing is selling so is happy. Tech wise the phone sucks, sorry, it just offers too little and its just too expensive, it sucks. What´s left to us is read carefully the specs, test phones e warn people not to buy them.
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 23:36

On 2007-11-24 23:34:53, SloopJohnB wrote:
Tech wise the phone sucks

I disagree.
C905
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-11-24 23:44

On 2007-11-24 23:34:53, SloopJohnB wrote:
made w910 to make money and the damn thing is selling so is happy. Tech wise the phone sucks, sorry, it just offers too little and its just too expensive, it sucks. What´s left to us is read carefully the specs, test phones e warn people not to buy them.

its called marketing
spybrowser
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-22 23:21
Most of the comments here make me think it’s another Nokia Vs SE debate.

I have used Nokia, SE and Motorolla and I am not a fan boy to any of these brands. Neither SE nor Nokia or any other company for that matter pays me any royalty for sticking with their products. I want a product that suits my needs for the money that I shell out.

As far as the music is concerned, I don’t understand much of the technical details about the sound test given in review sites like gsmarena and M-R. And I believe many of the members here do not understand much either or may be I am wrong. But I do read these reviews because I don’t want to buy a phone just because ones past performance.

To my ears SE series always sounded the best. And I have seen many non SE users and the so called fan boys of a particular brand (I am taking about my friends and those ppl here whom I personally know) after trying SE walkman series buying one of them. This makes me believe SE is doing much better than other brands in music department so far and as few have pointed out in their posts other brands are well maybe catching up with SE.

I am here, because I am looking to buy a new phone. After reading reviews and watching many youtube videos of N81, w580i, Nokia 5610 XpressMusic and w910i.

I am confused between the last 2. To be honest of all the 4 models I am quiet attracted to w910i. I do know w910i got a poor camera, no Wi-Fi, but what attracts me is its sleek look, 2.4 inch display, walkman 3.0 interface, accelerometer, SenseMe, Shake control and the bundled motion sensor games along with 2GB. I have no idea how much of use these will be in real life . If someone can provide their experience with w910i it will make my decision easy.

Thanks!
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-22 23:34
Here's my review of the phone. Not a bad phone at all!

http://sonyericssonblog.wordp[....]y-ericsson-w910-review-part-1/
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 789 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic