Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > Any Maltese Ericsson t68i user please?

Previous  123  Next
Author Any Maltese Ericsson t68i user please?
grifone
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-12-13 17:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
hi unibond tnx
no the problem seems to have gone i am not having any problems with gprs and reception.as i toght it was a go problem.however i still wish to upgrade my software to a more recent one.howeer it seems that it is quite risky.wot do u think.
i also have a voda sim and plan to go down to their office to set it up.once i am done i will send u original mms
superunknown
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-12-13 17:34
@grifone i'll send you MMS if your phone is set up . Anyways, do you have a spare or extra sim? It will add to my collection. ;-)

This post was posted from a T68i

Unibond
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-12-13 19:25
@grifone, I haven't found anyone in Malta who does a t68i upgarde, so apparently the only way to upgrade the phone is to send it out of Malta. I personally wouldn't do that. Cannot support being without my mobile for 4 weeks. Otherwise you can give your phone to someone you know who is going abroad. I have phoned Dualzone many times to ask about the upgrade but they never phone back to tell me wether or not they do it, maybe you'll have better luck if you try?

P.S. Thanks for sending me the MMS, really appreciate it.

T.M.

[ This Message was edited by: Unibond on 2002-12-13 18:27 ]
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-12-14 03:40
guys - e-mail - go to http://www.sonyericsson.com - select contact us in the bottom right corner - malta is on the contact list for e-mail support - though malta isn't listed as having official local support - I feel they will say a trip maybe to Italy/Sicilly to have this done ???? or send your handset accross the water to them - ask them - they will help. It may turn out to be an expensive upgrade though for postage or the journey

[ This Message was edited by: orangeman on 2002-12-14 02:41 ]
Unibond
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-12-14 11:55
orengman > thanks for the link. I just sent them my query but I'm afraid they will tell me what you just said. I think I once saw a post from a fellow maltese user who said that the service centre in Malta has been closed for over 2 years. It's worth the try though.

Changing subject, do you come often to Malta? Have any relatives here? What do you think about it?

T.M.

[ This Message was edited by: Unibond on 2002-12-14 10:56 ]
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-12-14 12:45
malta is very hot in the summer & just about right for us brits about now - it's quite funny - I was in shorts & tee shirt two weeks ago in malta - u could tell I was a tourist all the locals had big jumpers on & winter coats!! & it rained nearly all week I like Malta - been 3 times now - my partner has family there & a flat also in Bugibba - the roads are bad & it has dodgy drivers - but very friendly people u been to england??? [addsig]
Unibond
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-12-15 17:33
What you were in shorts and t-shirt, you must be crazy . You should see the roads now, after the rain they are now full of holes. Yes even more then before . All in all its a great place to live in, if you don't get killed by does crazy drivers . But its getting a bit to small and cloustrphobic, I've got to get out of this place if its the last thing I ever do . Don't take me wrong I love Malta.

I've been to England twice, I have two uncles who live there. One lives in Wansted, London and the other in Maidstone, Kent. Was quite good but I was still a bit to young to wonder off by myself and "explore" it on my own. Maybe next time I come around .

T.M.

[ This Message was edited by: Unibond on 2002-12-15 16:34 ]
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-12-16 17:20
yeh I know what u mean - my city is bigger than malta & the roads are terrible - I cracked a few vertabrae when drivin the hire car It's nice though - nows it's in the EU they have to fix those damn roads - thats a blessing at least. [addsig]
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-12-16 17:27
& my girlfriend is half maltese (maltese mum) - have you heard of Ian Chanta (spelling may not be right) he's a footballer who is in the malta squad?? we know him through his wife's sister. [addsig]
Unibond
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-12-17 15:33
Yes I know who Ian Chantar is, plays for Sliema. I recieved a reply from :

Thank you for Contacting Sony Ericsson.

Regarding your enquiry concerning a service centre, there is not a
recognised centre in Malta as we do not market any products in that country. You will need to find out what country the handset was made for and return it there.

You can find all contact details on our website

According to this e-mail they don't even market thier products here
Well I'll wait until I go on holliday and upgrade it there .

@grifone, did you get MMS activated? If so did you send the MMS templates? As I usually use my go sim I don't know if you have sent them or not. My voda number is +35699823942, thanks in advance.

T.M.
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-12-17 15:48
Yeh se-get all the malteses t68 owners to send fones to taiwan-great answer

This post was posted from a T68i

wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-12-18 10:13
@Unibond - small world isn't it????????????????? [addsig]
Unibond
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-12-18 10:57
Even smaller here in Malta, everyone knows eachother. The world got even smaller with the introduction of the internet.

@orengeman, do you know if MMS between countries works? I'm asking since you work with orange or should I ask Voda Malta?

Thanks for your help, I still cannot belive the reply gave me. Its great making new friends, even better when they're from a different country.

T.M.
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-12-19 11:30
in the UK cross MMS does not work yet - early spring 03 it should - dunno about Malta - Go & Voda may have sorted that already - but I doubt it. Ask em. [addsig]
Unibond
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-12-21 20:21
Thanks for your help orangemen. Here in Malta cross MMS works, but since only voda M have MMS activated (well go have something called Snap&Go but it only works on the Nokia 7650 ) the go user receiving the MMS must have the voda settings on his MMS phone. Obviously the go user can only receive and not send.

P.S. Great wap site, I love Ali g

P.P.S. If its not much trouble and if you still have them, can you send me the original MMS templates you get with the phone to my e-mail address uni_bond@hotmail.com. Thanks.

T.M.

[ This Message was edited by: Unibond on 2002-12-21 20:18 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi