Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > If Sony Ericsson Were Ever To Split

Previous  123  Next
Author If Sony Ericsson Were Ever To Split
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-07 11:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i wouldnt mind. even if /// wouldnt make fones anymore, let sony suffer on its own. /// already gave the world the evidence, that they are more then ready and developed how to make fones, sony didnt... let /// alone and sony merge with another toyfactory like samsung or lg or whoever...
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
Alexandra
W810 white
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-07 11:17

On 2007-09-07 11:02:19, BobaFett wrote:
i wouldnt mind. even if /// wouldnt make fones anymore, let sony suffer on its own. /// already gave the world the evidence, that they are more then ready and developed how to make fones, sony didnt... let /// alone and sony merge with another toyfactory like samsung or lg or whoever...

True that. Ericsson were the leader in innovation, until Sony stuffed them up. [addsig]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-07 11:52
I'm a Sony fan (apart from their DRM policy) generally, but the Sony handsets I've seen were boring and klutzy so I'm unsure of their ability to make decent handsets without Ericsson's input.

If Ericsson ever got back into the mobile market full time I'd have to be interested. Ericsson always made the best phones imho.

Alexandra
W810 white
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-07 11:53

On 2007-09-07 11:52:18, max_wedge wrote:
I'm a Sony fan (apart from their DRM policy) generally, but the Sony handsets I've seen were boring and klutzy so I'm unsure of their ability to make decent handsets without Ericsson's input.

If Ericsson ever got back into the mobile market full time I'd have to be interested. Ericsson always made the best phones imho.

I hate all the DRM kind of things! [addsig]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-07 15:49
Hi all,

I used to be a huge Sony fan as they used to produce not only the best quality products but there was always something just a little bit special about them. All my stuff from Tvs to AV equipment were all Sony. But sorry IMO over the last few years Sony are cashing in on their name and charging premium prices for the privilege of a Sony badge and IMO the quality is no longer as it was. Slowly i have stopped buying any Sony products as just find there are far better and cheaper alternatives and that goes for virtually everything they make now. I really can't think of one exception or one Sony product i truly want.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-09-07 14:49 ]
michael the mage
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-09-07 16:29
Totally agree! [addsig]
mobman
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-09-07 18:11
Did knowbody here ever own a Sony mobile before the merger? i was gutted when Sony and Ericsson merged because i loved Sonys handsets! i owned the j5 and j6 and they were truely inovative!
The j5 had a greyscale screen, jog dial, email access, polymorphic ringtones, inbult speakerphone, ability to send "flash" sms'. All that and it was the thinest phone available, it was truely ahead of its time.
KCC4
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-07 18:37

On 2007-09-05 02:55:03, *Jojo* wrote:

On 2007-09-05 02:38:12, drich290195 wrote:

Do you think this could ever happen?

. . . perhaps in the very distant future mate . . . IF sales fail to meet their expectations I want and Nokia to MERGE !

Yeah, lol, Noki-Ericsson!
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2007-09-07 18:51
useless topic i guess makes no sense...

ericsson was the king now its SE... you never know sony can be the king too... lemme finish it off in short..

we all esato buyers are smart buyers frankly speaking... we will see the features first and then the looks but look at the world ... its all about marketing and branding...

sony came out with cybershot like half of the people were blind and others lack of knowledge of other digital camera companies like nikon... and everybody started buying cybershot just because of its huge marketing.

look at ipod ... i can say the most pathetic mp3 player if i have used... no search only wheel... sucks..but again very good marketing ... let me tell you it does not give good output too what sony ericsson walkman phones give..!! i would rather buy microsoft zune which has wifi too and fm radio..!!

anyways.. everyday there is new technology so you never know whom to choose as of now... its SONY ERICSSON allll the wayyy...
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-08 03:54
@Indiandawg

Well it just shows every one's opinions are different as i have just bought an Ipod my first ever Apple product. I tested a lot of different devices before making my purchase and me and a couple million other people totally disagree with you about the quality of an iPod and we can't all be wrong.

As for Sony Ericsson Walkman phones being better well that's just one of the funniest things i have heard in a long time. I don't know which version of iPod you tested or how the Music was encoded but even most Nokia N series phones give better sound never mind an iPod. You are of course welcome to your opinion but i most certainly can't agree with what you say as have tested both the W950 and W880 and they were no where close to my other devices never mind an 5.5 generation iPod. What do you mean no search of course their is a search function as well as Album Artist or Song lists, plus of course your own play lists that you can create or all the other headings for what you are looking for sorry but now you are just talking rubbish. Maybe you are better off sticking with SE as anything else seems to complex for you.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-09-08 02:59 ]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-08 04:37
I agree with you generally dogmann (atleast about the ipod ui facts you mentioned), but millions of people can be wrong. The fact is, I consistantly read posts by people all over the world, many of then audio experts with lot's of knowledge and experience with all sorts of music devices not just ipods and phones, saying how poor the ipod sound output is. I also read as many posts by people who claim ipod is the most wonderful quality comparable even to high quality audio systems (patently rediculous - there isn't enough room in an ipod or a phone for such quality components).

Now, I'm not saying it's bad. To my ears SE phones and ipods sound pretty much the same. They both cope well with high bitrate codecs, and either are suitable for listening to music through quality headphones (forget either the crap ipod or SE headphones).

Basically there are many many opinions on both the negative and positive arguments (are ipod's better quality output than a phone or not). If millions support your argument, and millions support my argument, then where are we? I million monkeys might say bananas have better audio quality than either ipod or SE phones, does that make them right?

IN the final analysis, the music on my K800 sounds better than most pepole's ipods that I listen to, simply because they use the default 128Kbps itunes codec, whereas most of my tracks are ripped at 160 or higher.

So it's more about how you use the device than it's inherant abilities if you ask me.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-08 21:32
@MaxWedge

I have to agree with most that you say as find it hard to understand why so many go for quantity over quality when encoding Music. I also as you know always state that every one's perception of the same device can be very different. As there are so many variables, i would imagine if i used the supplied iPod headphones and encoded at the lowest bit rates it would give a very different result and not one i would be happy with either. But as i have encoded at 256kbps AAC and use a set of Shure EC2G's i am more than happy with the results and for me that is all i really care about at the end of the day.

All of this it has to be better because of manufacturer A has made it as opposed to manufacturer B and i support manufacturer A is quite simply ludicrous and really no way to base any buying decision IMO. But we are all free to choose which ever device we feel fits our needs the best and notice that once some one has made a buying decision they will defend it to the death as their is just something about Human nature that makes us believe we always make the best choice, oh if only life really was that simple.

But for those that are so happy to proclaim the iPod as rubbish i just find that very hard to understand. Remember this is my first Apple product and i most certainly am not an Apple fan boy never mind not being a Nokia Fan boy either. I didn't just go out and buy the shiniest flashiest looking device i sought out what was going to offer me the best results. I must say the click wheel and whole interface on the iPod really impressed me with it's ease of use, as it is both easy and quick to use as is loading it up with Music, Films and video's especially as by just ticking one box on setup all the Album Art is added automatically. But of course this is just my experience and how i have found it others preferences may give a totally different result, i looked and played with the Sony NW-A805 and besides the largest capacity only being 8gb really was not impressed with it at all, others here love it.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-09-08 20:43 ]
Lunion
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-08 21:33
Sony.
If you live in a glass house, don't be chuckin stuff about.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-09-09 03:08

On 2007-09-08 21:32:38, Dogmann wrote:
@MaxWedge

But for those that are so happy to proclaim the iPod as rubbish i just find that very hard to understand. Remember this is my first Apple product and i most certainly am not an Apple fan boy never mind not being a Nokia Fan boy either.
Marc

It's certainly narrow minded to call the ipod rubbish. Whether you like it's UI or not, the fact is it's widely used by professionals in the music industry so it can't be that bad.
mailboxmanoj
K550 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-09 06:00
I would go for Ericsson.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi