Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > The first man on earth?

Previous  123 ... 141516 ... 202122  Next
Author The first man on earth?
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-29 03:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@Max

You were around on page 8 of this thread when this subject was discussed; why revisit it?

@Jojo
If you are Roman Catholic as you say, look up the Book of Genesis and read about the other children Adam and Eve had after Cain and Abel.

If people here want to call into question one of the most heavily researched subjects of all time - Christianity/Bible Doctrine - at least get your facts straight. It only shows how little regard Bible opponents have for this system of belief, that they think it can be undone by laymen armed with a few wise-cracks.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
tapojyoti
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-29 13:56
Looks like aliens came and dropped mankind(their creation)on the earth.
whizkidd
W950 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-29 14:03
You mean we're mere alien droppings?

Thats sick.
T230 >> T610 >> Ngage QD >> N73 >> N85 >> Omnia HD >> And countless other review units
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2008-01-29 14:27

On 2008-01-29 03:41:34, carkitter wrote:

@Jojo
read about the other children Adam and Eve had after Cain and Abel.

@car - H m m m m m . . . . so ya mean to say that the CHILDREN of Adam and Eve married each other if so, INCEST was already in vogue during their time Well, anyway . . . be it as it may, I still donut believe that Adam and Eve were the very first peeps in this planet Earth ! [addsig]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-30 01:14

On 2008-01-29 03:41:34, carkitter wrote:
@Max

You were around on page 8 of this thread when this subject was discussed; why revisit it?

@Jojo
If you are Roman Catholic as you say, look up the Book of Genesis and read about the other children Adam and Eve had after Cain and Abel.

If people here want to call into question one of the most heavily researched subjects of all time - Christianity/Bible Doctrine - at least get your facts straight. It only shows how little regard Bible opponents have for this system of belief, that they think it can be undone by laymen armed with a few wise-cracks.

Not even all Christians agree on whether the bible is symbolic or literal. And all the study you refer to has never come to any scientifically provable conclusion. There has also been a huge amount of research and effort into evolution, yet you dismiss that out of hand. But words in a book written over two thousands years ago, you are prepared to take at face value. I realise it's an issue of Faith, but faith is not proof.

My faith lies with science to answer the questions of nature. I also believe in God, but not religion. I don't believe any human alive can "prove" the nature of God. Science is the tool we use to understand the natural world, Faith is the tool we use to understand God. I have Faith that God will provide for me. But what of those people for whom God does not provide? If you want to use faith as a form of Proof, it is a very week one from their perspective.

There is no proof of any religious concept. Religion is just a cloak that humans enshroud their lack of understanding in to feel better about not knowing. Personally, I am happy not knowing, and prefer to put my money on science to find the answers to the questions nature pose us. What science can never understand; Who is God? This we can know in our heart, but can never wrap in logic. There is no logic to God. God cannot be quantified. God cannot be proven. And all those who attempt to prove God, or to prove their particular religious beliefs, will always fail.

As to coming back to this discussion Well your arguments were by no means conclusive a few pages back. I remain unconvinced. I encourage you to try again, but no Christian (or any religious person) has yet offered me irrefutable or even reasonable proof that their religious beliefs are the one true belief. I believe the proof of Evolution is virtually complete, but religion relies instead on words in a book written by humans. Not a very strong competition for Evolution in my logical mind The truth of God is far more embracing than any of the world's religions claim, who all squable over what is "truth", missing the point completely.

The truth of God is something that cannot be enshrouded in words and scriptures, no matter how inspired the people who wrote them. All the inspired prophets, while I believe they truly were inspired by God, were only human and they struggled to fully understand what God told them. This explains why all of them can have such different interpretations, even though they all heard the "words" of God. Bhuddist, Hindu, Muslim, Christian. In all the texts are grains of truth, but not one is the Whole Truth. To understand the Truth of God, each human must make their own journey through life. There is no book that will take you to God. The path to God is through the heart.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2008-01-30 01:25
@max - . . . . in my interpretation . . . . GOD is just a SUPREME human being (an Alien most likely) [addsig]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-30 03:09
you never know! I don't know if I believe aliens are God, I think they are just another form of life, more evolved than us. I do think they have interfered with human development in the past. There is lot's of anecdotal evidence of this in the worlds mythology.
Adz21
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-30 03:20

On 2008-01-30 03:09:13, max_wedge wrote:
you never know! I don't know if I believe aliens are God, I think they are just another form of life, more evolved than us. I do think they have interfered with human development in the past. There is lot's of anecdotal evidence of this in the worlds mythology.

totally agree, im cant say i firmly believe. BUT at the rate we are evolving and with cloning and such and our space exploration. If we had the technology to travel at light speed which im sure at one point in the future we will, we would find a planet like our own and create our earth from scratch and watch it evolve to learn from ourselfs and our past! I think that aliens could and i think more than likely have done the same, we could just be a big experiment, so they can learn how they evolved and have been watching us for thousands of years! there is so much evidence of aliens on our planet its unreal and unexplained stuff
you suffer to know, try even harder to see
making sense of your life in a f**ked reality
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2008-01-30 03:30
. . . it has been SAID time and again, that if our planet will be aged at present at: 2 Billion years old, the planets wherein those martians/aliens LIVED said to have survived the: 4 Billion year-old mark just half of ours . . . so, if we are just in the mobile-phone-technology AGE, theirs should have already even PASSED the ESP-thingy . . . sending messages just by THINKING . . . I mean they can relay messages just by thinking . . . even when they are light years-apart

The Star Trek movie/tv concept will be put into REALITY in the future as what others were saying some decades ago ! [addsig]
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-01 13:25

On 2008-01-29 01:50:45, *Jojo* wrote:
@max - Yeah, I do AGREE pal ! But as the TITLE of this thread states . . . I am 100% that it's NOT Adam and Eve who FIRST Roamed this planet Earth. One more thing, as it was written . . . They are the FIRST couple to have survived this planet, then had: Abel and Cain (both boys) as their kids . . . so, how did the population GREW from there !

Have you forgotten this:
If you say he was Adam was the firt man, how come when God punishes Cain his son fo kiling his brother he says he wil make him a fugitive or a wonderer. Cain says the people wil find him and kill him. Read GENESIS 4 vrs 14-16. Where did these people come from then if Adam was the fist man on earth.

If you can read closey inbetween the three accounts that I have quoted from the book of Genesis, it is crystal clear that no other man was created after adam and those that were created by word of mouth in the first account. Even adams descendant werere maf from sexual feelings and intercourse. We only see a different case when it comes to Jesus. Thats about 2043 years back. Correct me if Iam wrong
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2008-02-02 03:28
@two - OK, thanks for explaining matey . . . it's just that I am NOT totally convince that EVERYTHING that is written in the Bible is 100% TRUE and ACCURATE there are lapses there in one way or the other . . . For what I know of . . . early humans have some sexual-contacts with - ALIENS ! [addsig]
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-02 04:24
the bible was written by humans. nice fairy tail written for the interest for some inner circles, who can still feed with all their lies and crap theories according faith and belive, who can earn a lot of money and make biz for their own interest. there was no god, there is no god and there will be no god. i believe in a certain "force, power" whatever u call it, but as soon u give a name for it, u can sell it and make money with it. priseters wanna preach about family and love, men, who "officially" never even kissed a girl, the pope, that senil old guy dares to talk abortus... disgusting...

donnow who or what was the first man on earth, but wish sometimes we could have a new start and wish, that "first" one, would never ever think of to create any religion... for the interest of the mankind...
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2008-02-02 05:23
@boba - I quite AGREE when you call that: Force or Power . . . In a way I still believe that there is someone UP there who LISTENS because how can you just EXPLAIN that when we PRAY, sometimes those prayers are being ANSWERED right ? who makes that possible . . . well OK there's that saying: DO your BEST and GOD will do the REST . . . but still, someone up there DOES care ! I've also watched the National Geographic Channel some years past, the topic was all about: asteroids and the paths it crossed around the planet Earth . . . there was a drawing showed in TV depicting how really CLOSE those asteroids could have really IMPACTED in our planet I guess in one way or the other . . . there is that FORCE out/UP there who controls those things that might HIT the Earth and eliminating the Human Race in an instant (noodle) ! [addsig]
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-02 11:39
@boba and Jojo I also side with you on that there is this force that sees to it all and ofcourse it does a lot of things that we can not explain by the existing law of human nature or shall I say human codes and ethics.
Boba said it doesnt matter if you call it God or what.

My biggest worry is how come this force is so supreme and hard to explain if intend to look into it in accordance with our human intelectual understanding. If I may side with you Boba once again I can say that the Romans played a major role towards keeping most of the truth from us. One may call that selfishness.

Comming back to the topic of interest, as much as it is hard to say who was first to invade this planet as far as human beings are concerned; I can say that going back to the storry of evolution, from the first creauture that looked like human, how did it come into existance.

At most we say that we evolved from certain creatures and why cant we say that the creatures evolved from us.
Secondly when we consider the bible, in one verse it says In the beginning God created heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void with the spirit of the Lord moving over it. Then God said "Let there be light and............

If he is the force mentiolned above then he is the master of the evolution and the architect behind all that we have today. Again as Jojo said, not everything in the bible is true. What then to believe? Can science and religion work together? Surely that is what we dont know.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2008-02-02 22:46
@two - Nicely said matey . . . I am also thinking that there are so much Gods out there . . . not just ONE that we know of . . . and of course, they are territorial . . . I mean this God rules this galaxy while the others rules the others . . . remember, that there are NOT - millions . . . BUT, BILLIONS of other planets out there

One more thing . . . I do not believe in HELL, Satan, Lucifer and all HELL is in this planet that we are all in . . . if you make your LIFE miserable, than that's HELL for you . . . .

[addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 141516 ... 202122  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic