Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > The first man on earth?

Previous  123 ... 202122  Next
Author The first man on earth?
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 12:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@mweb6161

Because these things are put on earth to test us - or so the argument goes.

God has gave us the gift of life - it is up to us what we do with it.

For example, if you give a friend a gift and that gift was a paintbrush, then the friend goes and pokes someones eye out with it. Is it your fault or the friends fault that evil was done?

This of course doesn't explain why people die from starvation, drought and disease. That may be another discussion altogether.
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 13:06
Goldenface, i was actually trained as a Baptist minister in my late teens and early twenties, however as i grew older, logic and an increasing scepticism forced me to study the BIG questions in life which led me to my current atheistic/humanist standpoint.
We ain't allowed to discuss religion on M-R forum BTW, so i like the fact that Esato can deal with topics that relate to that
joebmc
S700
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 13:19

On 2007-08-31 12:49:21, goldenface wrote:
@mweb6161

Because these things are put on earth to test us - or so the argument goes.

God has gave us the gift of life - it is up to us what we do with it.

For example, if you give a friend a gift and that gift was a paintbrush, then the friend goes and pokes someones eye out with it. Is it your fault or the friends fault that evil was done?

Well in the case of god, as he knows all (allegedly) he would surely be able to see the future.

So if your had the same powers you would know that that paintbrush was going to be used for eye poking. So intern would be your fault for giving him the brush knowing what he would do with it (that’s how I see it). But then your get the whole “freewill” nonsense.

On 2007-08-31 13:06:28, mweb6161 wrote:
We ain't allowed to discuss religion on M-R forum BTW, so i like the fact that Esato can deal with topics that relate to that

Well in the past certain threads on religion have been locked due to certain members being childish and not having the ability to discuss and accept other member’s points of view (some of which threads certainly teached me a lot about other religions, which I am grateful for).
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 13:20
@mweb6161

Actually you may be surprised hear that I come from the same viewoint as yourself; being brought up Roman Catholic I came to the conclusion that there wasn't enough answers.

However, I have also learnt to accept that people have different beliefs and although I may not always agree with them I still respect them.

goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 13:37
@joebmc

I don't know. Thats a big scary IF in my eyes.

If I gave you a gift knowing you will do evil things with it, then wouldn't that also make me evil?

Whats the freewill nonsense?

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2007-08-31 12:40 ]
joebmc
S700
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 13:49

On 2007-08-31 13:37:56, goldenface wrote:
@joebmc

I don't know. Thats a big scary IF in my eyes.

If I gave you a gift knowing you will do evil things with it, then wouldn't that also make me evil?

Guess it would (you evil little bugger )

Whats the freewill nonsense?

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2007-08-31 12:40 ]

Not to sure myself, but something like god gave man freewill to pick and chose wether to do right or wrong. Dont know why? the world would be a much nicer place if he programmed us only to be good, perhaps he's got a dark side to him!
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 14:01
@joebmc

He couldn't possibly have a dark side to him because god is good - thats what I was taught. However if god can forsee the future and he created an earth where evil exists then he has done that for a reason.

Doesn't this all go back to Eve biting into the apple in the Garden of Eden? She's got a lot to answer for that lady.
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 14:04
It dosnt matter if you believe in the old testement or not, way back, there were orginaly just 2 people, wether the names were adam and eve it dosnt matter, they had off springs, and it they all kept reproducing, all the way up to the present day.

It isnt a theory, lots of people consider it fact, you stem all humans back they must all originate from 1 man and 1 woman.

You know what that means? Every one is related in one way or another
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 14:08

On 2007-08-31 14:01:58, goldenface wrote:
@joebmc

He couldn't possibly have a dark side to him because god is good - thats what I was taught. However if god can forsee the future and he created an earth where evil exists then he has done that for a reason.

Doesn't this all go back to Eve biting into the apple in the Garden of Eden? She's got a lot to answer for that lady.

Goldenface, you may just have answerd the question of this suffering/evil question with out even knowing it.

Some Christians believe the reason for evil and suffering is because they are possesed by demons. I think if you can move on with suffering with out moaning or with a vengence you will be accepted to paradise, a true sign of you conquring the evil with in you.

(man, cant believe I just said that! I sound like a Buddhist!)
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 14:09

On 2007-08-31 14:04:56, KingBooker5 wrote:
It isnt a theory, lots of people consider it fact, you stem all humans back they must all originate from 1 man and 1 woman.

You know what that means? Every one is related in one way or another

Couldn't you also say that about the creatures of the animal kingdom?

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2007-08-31 13:13 ]
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 14:13
I guess so.

Some theories state, that life on earth, and its water was seeded by organisms and other stuff on a meteorite.

If that theory is correct as some scientists believe, we are not natives to this planet, and in fact we are ET's! This such a facinating subject.

After that the organisms evolved.

Then again some people think aliens created this earth.

I am a christian, but I stubled across this site, there is a lot to read, but please check it out, very frightining idea, but I dont believe it.

www.truthism.com
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 14:21
Nah, I don't believe that either, some of the pictures are quite funny though.

There are loads of theories as to why and how we are here but evolution seems to be the one that has all the answers.

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2007-08-31 13:24 ]
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-31 14:24
A few intresting pix and coincidences but not excatly any facts or evidence.

The inner sun of Jupiter is what really grabed me, however.
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-31 20:22
Well mates, before we are drawn away from the topic I would like to know about this evolution. I think we know that God and Science dont meet. May those who say that people evolved from somewhere tel us where exacly and how. However deep down I know that God and Science do meet. I stil insist on that Adam was definately not the first man on earth. There were other people created before him and they were in the east of the garden of Eden. Correct me if Im wrong.

[ This Message was edited by: Twometre on 2008-04-01 11:14 ]
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-31 20:27
Its a good question Who came first on Earth etc, but does it really matter!!
End of the day, you eat, shit and die
If you do good you will be rewarded and if you do Bad you will get punished, thats what i believe anyways

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 202122  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic