Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > What do you like about Globe and Smart?

Previous  123  Next
Author What do you like about Globe and Smart?
CancerLNG
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-16 06:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Globe is cheaper with a touch of class. \"NOW YOU KNOW\" :-D

This message was posted from a T68i

arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-16 07:02
hmmm, subjective but here goes...

Smart's GPRS IS FULLY operational as far as i'm concerned. Their HSCSD was unplugged already as i've announced last year pa and they're not bragging about it.

Compare Smart and Globe billing BEFORE you say Globe is cheaper.

I'm a subscriber of both. And Globe customer service SUCKS! At least with Smart, my complaints are handled WELL.

YMMV
Jowi
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-17 16:57
prepaid users

if you're a heavy txter, get smart...the more card you load, the more free txt you get (33 free txt for a 300peso smart call card)

if you're a heavy caller, get globe...its 3 pesos per min on globe to globe calls on OFF PEAK hours (10pm-8am & the whole Sunday)...globe only gives you a 50 free txt per month, regardless of how many & any amount of call card you load.
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-17 17:12
Quote:

On 2003-01-16 07:02, arnoldc wrote:
hmmm, subjective but here goes...

Smart's GPRS IS FULLY operational as far as i'm concerned. Their HSCSD was unplugged already as i've announced last year pa and they're not bragging about it.

Fully operational my foot!!! I get GPRS service in way more places than all my friend's on Smart!
legallypogi
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-17 17:14
globe- the free gprs * smart- fast services!

R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 17:40
what i like about globe and smart?.................................... well, their female commercial models. thats it. [addsig]
superunknown
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 17:45
Nothing

MFB
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 17:48
Just inquired with hub at rockwell. Globe has phased out the mobile phone of the year 4 2002, t68i. What a shame. But who can blame them? Nokia caters to the majority and that's where the money is. It's been 3 months from my last complaint with globe platinum. Its still under going investigation. Words are easy to say, actions hard to do. Don't say you'll call me back if you really won't. Globe, you made me feel what i usually do to girls i date when i was younger. Thanks for the karma. He he ;-)

Rashkae
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-01-17 23:41
Quote:

On 2003-01-16 05:35, randyrivera wrote:
4 - Globe GPRS is still free!!! Rashkae, what about your Smart? Can you go wapping 24/7 without worrying for your bill?

I don't use Wap... I use a PC.
baste07
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2003-01-18 01:37
when will they start charging for WAP and GPRS (GLOBE)?
=Dj_Free=
P800 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-18 01:55
ill go for globe koz here in our oficce only globe has a signal. hehe. smart deadspot!
mariolouis
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-01-18 02:49
Quote:

On 2003-01-18 01:37, baste07 wrote:
when will they start charging for WAP and GPRS (GLOBE)?

i think they wont. well, i hope anyway!
i think that is why they have 2 APN's- one for wap, which is free; the other for web access, which is otherwise.
ynohtna
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2003-01-18 05:19
Well guys, ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS be it good and bad,I have already experienced.Free gprs surfing and downloads with globe.Fast connections with Smart.Lousy Customer service with Globe.Fast and well handled complaints with Smart CS(they really call you back).
Some of course uses globe/smart due to availability of signal.WELL GUYS, WALANG TATALO DITO SA EXPERIENCE KO!

In our town here in Tarlac,globe and smart cellsites are just a kilometer apart.My place is around 2-3 kilometers from the two cellsites.I have a smart postpaid and a globe prepaid.Well both served my gprs needs.Smart mms really works.Fast activation.Globe mms really sucks.Still not activated for a month.Now lately, I am sure, you all have heard in the news that last Jan.15, the globe cellsite here in our place and another globe cellsite too 8 kilometers from the site were set on fire simultanously by NPA rebels.The reason?FOR NOT PAYING REVOLUTIONARY TAXES.The globe cellsite was burned leaving the tower totally OFF for an indefinite period of time.Take note,the smart cellsite is around a kilometer away from globe and the digitel cellsite is not yet operational and it is beside globe.Smart was not targeted and Digitel.Imagine guys, no signal.Intermittent signal sometimes.Maximum is 2 bars and even with gprs signal, still I could not connect.A real torture for me.Sometimes I have to go literally 18 kilometers to the city proper just to use my free gprs when the need arises.Everyminute of the day is really a torture with globe. With smart,it is a bliss.
Anybody care to beat that?
Yes, there is no perfect network with all the technological factors.But when certain factors like these(rebels,politics,terrorism) arises and becomes a reality IN YOUR RESPECTIVE AREAS(I HOPE NOT),the loser of course is the telecom with the weak connections(all aspects considered) and the end consumer.Come to think of it guys,why was Smart and Digitel spared?

GUYS, PLEASE DO PRAY THAT THE ABOVE INCIDENT WOULD NOT HAPPEN IN YOUR RESPECTIVE AREAS.

[ This Message was edited by: ynohtna on 2003-01-18 04:24 ]
mariolouis
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-01-18 19:32
@ynohtna i didn't know that.

This message was posted from a WAP device

jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-18 19:47
Well, I'm glad Globe doesn't pay 'ransom' money to NPA rebels. Supporting terrorism in ANY form is NOT good for our country. You're just giving them more reasons to continue doing what they do!

The fact that Smart (& Digitel?) were spared means that they care more about profit than the good of the nation. It's a very selfish reason to say "Well, I don't care as long as I have signal!"... that's dumb, and very self-centered of Smart to do that.

It's bad enough our country is branded as a terrorist haven... but to actually support them... that's just making things worse for the future.

...and, considering Piltel/PLDT's business reputation... I wouldn't be surprised if they actually paid the NPA rebels to burn down Globe's celsites. Thugs... uncivilized thugs. (And I don't mean the NPA rebels! hehehehe)

[ This Message was edited by: jplacson on 2003-01-18 18:51 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi