Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Virtual Interface for Sony Ericsson P990,W950,M600 & P1

Author Virtual Interface for Sony Ericsson P990,W950,M600 & P1
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-06-20 11:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
StarContact interface is designed to be used without stylus,search your contacts with some finger clicks on virtual buttons.

Esato News

With StarContact,smart search algorithm and easy interface you can place a call or send an sms quicker than ever.

Features:

Smart search StarContact has a smart search algorithm which allows to:

search by contact's initials,do predictive search by names (like T9)

Search is optimal and done in a minimal number of clicks !

Easy interface StarContact interface is designed to be used without stylus.

Search your contact with some finger clicks on virtual buttons,roll your contact list dragging the screen with your finger just like you would turn a wheel select the contact with your finger and ...place a call or send a sms.

StarContact is a quick and smart contact application for Sony Ericsson P990, W950, M600 & P1. Starobject source:j.a.m.b

starcontact
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-06-20 11:31
Looks interesting. Free to try but I cant find it on handango where their website says to download it from.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-06-20 11:35
here 'tis
tomasz.luch
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-20 12:29
I tried this - it's nice. Interface is good. Still there is more to do IMO. Listing of contacts is really like iphone interface. It's smooth and the contacts are big enought.

But first of all it is java application If it won't be uiq3 app I'll never buy it. It drains to much battery life and takes to long to start it up.

Cheers
I am not here and I am not there. Where am I?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-06-20 12:37
I don't like it.

pros
1. Search is similar style to windows mobile phone contacts search which I like
2. Nice feel to the drag of the contacts

cons
1. you have to use the screen to select the characters and you cannot use the keyboard, also cannot use the keyboard delete to delete a character
2. the contacts are not listed in the order that I want (first name, last name) and no way to change
3. slow and prompts for permission

thanks, but I'll stick with the built in functionality for now and I certainly wouldn'tpay $17.99 for this even if I did want it
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi