Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > SE insider : R6D23 = last P990 firmware ?!

Previous  123 ... 567 ... 232425  Next
Author SE insider : R6D23 = last P990 firmware ?!
Johnex
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-06-26 15:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
So, what are we sending them? Peanuts as been taken (Jericho tv fans did that), and Marshmellows and Mars Bars too (Veronica Mars tv fans are doing that). Any good ideas?
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-06-26 15:30
please, doministry, the answer just confirms that SE really has no clue about the real world...they seem be living on a Wonderland, were there is any memory leakage problem in the platform or product (FALSE), and were the remaining bugs are not important (FALSE)

How can they actually say there is no memory leakage problem anymore??? We can live with a small RAM ammount, we understand it is an hardware problem impossible to solve by software...but after booting with 14-16mb RAM, in a few hours we end with 8-6mb RAM for apps - do you think that is acceptable for a finished product like they say???

Do you think it is acceptable for them to indroduce new bugs in this "last" release like they did??? I am sorry, i am a big SE fan, and i like my P990, but that is no way to treat users
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2007-06-26 15:33
This is extremely poor - I feel very bad for the P990 owners. In many ways I'm glad they seem to have stopped development for the M600 one release earlier, as although the alarm bug is still there (but circumventable), it at least doesn't have the extra bugs introduced by the newest version.

To stop development at this stage is bad enough, but to stop development when the latest release clearly wasn't tested properly and has actually created new bugs is just incredibly careless.

Very poor show SE.
jorjino
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-06-26 15:36
Hi!
So I think that we should ask our money back!
Or we must solve this situation without SE.
I red all this tread and my conclusion is: SHAME SE!!!
I love my p990, but if they don`t do anything more for us - it`s no use to use their products!
Cheers!
SE forever!!!
BBS
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-06-26 15:47
I understand the difficulties faced by SE and believe that most of SE phone users also understand. We trusted SE and bought SE phones packed with bugware that eventually most of the problems will be solved.

Now, P990 has come a long way forward and it is very very stable in comparison to the first release but still not good enough. If SE thinks that we should buy P1 to fulfill our P990 dream then it is a big fraud. If P990 is not going to improve any more then SE - live with your dream - I probably will not buy any SE phone in the near future unless I am subsidized heavily by SE to buy successor to P990.

[ This Message was edited by: BBS on 2007-06-26 14:51 ]
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-06-26 15:50
Dear ares
of course you're right. But i also agree with some other johan answers. Not all the problems listed in forums i consider as real problems.

So, my conclusion of se is the same i posted few months ago, what is now confirmed: they really screwed something inside, and they will never confirm that in public. Because of some kind of serious error/problem of the software/hardware, they are not able to clean it. That's why taking away one bug, you get another. Because it is impossible to improve it 100%. They had to decide what to loose in next fw. I don't believe that they were unable to test it or construct a good firmware. They had to put it in p990 which makes problems, so in the end something is always wrong. And this is really said. I can bet that these problems will be mostly gone on p1. That is why we have a p1. It's a clear signal that it is an upgrade to all these phones - p, m and w. All with similar problems.
Ibinco
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-06-26 16:07
I cant believe it....Stable...meets requirements....How sad is that!?As of tomorrow im returning my P990i to the retaliers as faulty...I will follow the procedure as follows. According to the retailer after a device has been away for 3x reparations im entitled to a brand new one (which most likely wont be available since the retailer stopped selling the P990i since March) Or they have to offer me a device equivalent to the one i have now...so in other words N95 here i come! BYE BYE SE!!!! Cant believe i gave you the benefit of the doubt yet again.
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2007-06-26 16:09

Sony Ericsson has not found any memory leakage problem in the platform or product in its testing of the latest firmware. Those additional third party applications that users may download should be ok and not create memory leakage provided that they have been developed according to UIQ 3 standard guidelines but it is up to the developer in question to ensure correct development and testing procedures of their apps.

WTF? Don't these people ever use their own phones??? To me that is THE single, most unacceptable problem with the phone, damnit. Perhaps they're referring to N95.
makbil
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-06-26 16:17
@Ibinco, same here. Since the problem will not go away after a replacement, SE support has already told me that they would have to pay me back the invoice price. Also, since every firmware released has a number of bugs, they will never be able to flash the P990 with an earlier fw and try to get away with it.
I could counter every single sentence of the SE announcement (not Johan's comments) and prove that they are wrong.
I am seriously beginning to doubt that they even read the Symbian 9.1 requirements before designing the P990. Just reading the white paper will tell you that the user is left with about 16 MB RAM at most under best circumstances.
I would have expected such behavior from a pirate company but coming from SE says a lot of things to me, none of them good.
Wrong decision SE... Fool me once it's on you, fool me twice it's on me!

[ This Message was edited by: makbil on 2007-06-26 15:33 ]
BIG-Stan
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-26 16:32
Man, I'm so f***ing pissed! I can't believe that they just wrote that BS!!!
I think that was it for me and SE! Wanted to get the P1 real bad, but now f*ck SE!!!!
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-06-26 16:37
guys, please register at SE devs support, and express your feelings about the statement there

i also might get some important email adresses soon that you should be able to use for expressing our indignation

johnex ideas seem good too...lets send them some nuts lol
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
BBS
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-06-26 16:49

On 2007-06-26 16:07:18, Ibinco wrote:
I cant believe it....Stable...meets requirements....How sad is that!?As of tomorrow im returning my P990i to the retaliers as faulty...I will follow the procedure as follows. According to the retailer after a device has been away for 3x reparations im entitled to a brand new one (which most likely wont be available since the retailer stopped selling the P990i since March) Or they have to offer me a device equivalent to the one i have now...so in other words N95 here i come! BYE BYE SE!!!! Cant believe i gave you the benefit of the doubt yet again.

Unfortunately, I don't have such luxurious contract to return the P990. As we are ruled by tycoons we don't have consumer right. My only option is going for another brand and forget SE for ever!
Mr[NiK]
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-06-26 17:05
Im just disgusted by SE's behaviour in all of this !

I dont think id be interested in buy another SE phone after this fiasco....its the only way to hurt them.......dont buy these phones and let them suffer...... [addsig]
sosojerk
T650 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-06-26 17:16
This is unbelievable.
I registered on SE Dev Forum and expressed my feelings.
This is a total lack of professionalism.
It is something like: well, you liked P910? Nice, P990 will NOT be like that cause it is the first with Symbian 9.1, UIQ ... bla bla bla...
WHO THE [BEEP] cares about their platform.
The product is unfinished, slow and with too many bugs.
Do they believe that everybody speaks the SW Development language on this planet?
SE, go to hell.
I am done with SE and their shitty auto proclaimed smart phones.
Moving to Windows Mobile. HTC has a few goodies in pipeline.
HTC gave HTX X7500 with windows mobile 5 and they said officially to release WM6 for its clients for free. That is good customer satisfaction.
SE is too big now. They just don't give a f**k about us.
Thay forget that we pay their salaries, stupid SE.
jiteshraj
V600
PM
Posted: 2007-06-26 17:49
I think you guys really need to calm down. When r5 was released, everyone were extremely excited and happy that se have released a stable firmware. Now when r6 releases and there is not much change, everyone goes beserk. The guy explained the hardware limitations of these devices (ram) as being the cause of poor multitasking. Take any nokia symbian phone and its exactly the same. It can barely cope with 5 heavy applications. There is no memory leak on my m600i so i have no idea why u guys keep on complaining. U have to understand that the ram that the system boots with doesn't include all the apps it needs to run. For eg. My m600i starts with about 21.5mb ram. Once i open the main menu (0.6mb ram), the task manager, the phone app, etc, the memory goes down to about 19mb. Then in order to multitask the symbian os requires about 1mb further ram. Then when u load a java application it also needs to load the java virtual machine which takes up further ram. At the end i'm left with about 15/16mb ram. To test this yourself, open messaging app and check ur free ram. As soon as u receive a new message or an email then the ram drops (this is not a memory leak but how the system works). Now, if u guys weren't so lazy then you'd restart your device every two days and you'll never have a problem with memory. This is not their fualt. It is a fault with symbian os 9.1. Nokia had major problems stabilising their devices (n70,n90 anyone). So stop complaining and get on with your life. My m600i works perfectly. Thank you
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 567 ... 232425  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic