Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Official Sony Ericsson w910 discussion

Previous  123 ... 6263 646566  Next
Author Official Sony Ericsson w910 discussion
BBS
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-08-13 19:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I also noticed that back-light remains lit though dim what the phone is being used for voice conversation. Is it normal for this phone? Why there is no option to save power by completely shutting off the back light after a small delay? Is it an improvement or effect of SE's expertise in bugware?
senninha
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-08-14 04:17
^^

it has been like that on all SE phones forever, presumably so you can see the call timers???
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-15 12:38

On 2008-08-09 16:56:15, widget_psz wrote:
- Phone is soooo sloooow. Without music playing it is so so (still a lot slower than my k750 with w800 firmware) but when I listen to mp3's and try to navigate the menus... c'mon, it is supposed to be a music phone when it seems playing mp3's is using almost all of its resources.

I don't find this to be the case at all. I have the latest firmware.

- Buttons on the side are ridiculous. I'm having trouble pressing volume buttons with my phone in my hand, not to mention when the phone is in my pocket. In k750 I can easily reach to my pocket, feel the volume buttons and change track playing. It seems to be impossible with w910. Also, how can I play/pause a song?

I agree about the volume however after getting used to it I find it almost as easy to use as the K750 and about the same as the K800. I don't have a problem with it.

The only way to pause is to unlock the phone (left then right softkey) then press the dpad centre button. If the music player is minimised, you have to unlock then press the music button and then the dpad centre button.

It's a shame SE has dropped the dedicated play/pause button. This is my only serious complaint of the W910 other than the lack of camera AF.

- Walkman button? It is so hard to press that I have to use two hands to do that.

Huh?? lefthanded it's super easy, right handed it's still quite easy. I actually prefer it on the top as opposed to on the side opposite the volume button where you could press it accidently when adjusting the volume (I have this problem I have with the play button on the K800)

- Why in a slider phone the shortcut for silent mode is still '#'? Why not make it 'c'? Now I have to slide the phone open when I want to silence it.

RTFM

Press the power button once (press don't hold) and you get a menu that allows you to set silent mode or change profile or lock the handset.

- Built in speaker is one of the worst I've seen. It is indeed very loud, but the sound is extremaly distorted. It's almost useless.

imho for such a petite handset the speaker is actually quite good. Personally I don't expect to be able to do anything but casual listening with an external speaker. I have hpm-70 and mbr-100 (bluetooth a2dp receiver with 3.5mm jack) for sharing my music.

- Built in camera is a big step back. Why in a such expensive piece of hardware I have to deal with no AF and no light at all? (I found the LEDs in other SE phones very useful as a flashlight)

Agree. but again I feel the small size of the W910 is what leads to this decision. It's an unfortunate trade off for such a sweet little phone. Personally I can live with it.

- The screen automatically turns off much too quickly. I'm working on some flash wallpapers right now and it drives me insane that after a few seconds screen goes out. There should be an option to set that time.

perhaps but this is a minor criticism imho. It's 20 seconds, which is pretty stgandard.

- When I enter multimedia library and try to browse tracks I see all the recordings I made with sound recorder. Why? It isn't so in k750.

Yes but not in K800 or later. There seems to be no way to set a specific path for the media player to browse for files - it just lists all media files found.

- Basically there is too little configuration options. I'd like to disable the operator logo, disable standby time and date, hide sony ericsson links in multimedia library, but I can't.

I don't necessarily disagree, but no SE phone EVER has these features

you can only change these features via hacking, which is not possible yet on the DB3150 platform.

- Data transfer statistics are in bytes...

mine transfers in KB's so I'm not sure why your handset would be diffrerent??

As to you claiming the K750 was more useful that's just being difficult K750 = 176x220 display, W910 = 320x240 display, HSDPA compared to 2.5G (GPRS), MUCH better built in browser, better featured media player, better java support (for example java multi-tasking), faster bluetooth, faster USB, BT PAN and A2DP, the list goes on.

Granted some ergonomics aspects of the K750 are better (only really the play button, and the AF and led light issue) but overall the W910 kicks arse over the K750 (and I am a big supporter of the K750 - but time moves on)

If one's goal is to have a decent camera phone, then you would steer clear of the W910. (C902 would be a perfect alternative). Otherwise, the W910 is a shit hot phone.

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2008-08-15 15:49 ]
senninha
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-08-16 03:52

If one's goal is to have a decent camera phone, then you would steer clear of the W910. (C902 would be a perfect alternative). Otherwise, the W910 is a shit hot phone.

well said!
strizlow800
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-08-16 11:00
Well we all know it's camera is not that good, but the C902, I would say it is not good as it has to be too... Anyway, G900 is other good phone which is equiped with everything.
Sony Ericsson software/hardware support!

Phone Flashing Tutorial (DB2020 CID49/51/52)
BBS
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-08-16 11:20
Auto rotate function of my phone was working when I checked last time but it doesn't work any more. My current setting is Media/Settings/Orientation/Auto rotate

I tried Media/Settings/Update Media but no response other than warning message "This may take a few minutes. Update anyway?" It returned to Settings menu and stayed there after confirmation.

I tried Master reset but no change. It seems the sensor that sense the phone orientation is working as the floating "logo" in the Leehom theme moves when I move the phone.

Please let me know if there any solution other than update via SEUS. My phone has the latest firmware just updated couple of days back. Thanks.
ros-mari
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2008-08-16 12:58
Wow,
Where is my post?
I had written apost here and it is gone.
Surprise
markmanny
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-08-16 14:58
hi guys!

i'm also an w910 owner and i must say i'm quite happy with it.
of course, it's not perfect, but it's pretty good for my needs.

anyways, i found one strange thing with it, so i would like to hear what you guys think.
saving sms messages ... 2 available options, phone memory or memory card (2GB) ... i selected memory card, but all of my messages i wanted were saved in phone memory nevertheless. now, it's 100% ful and i can't save no more. i tried to move already saved messages to memory card but i get an error saying i can't do that.
i did manage to tranfer saved messages to computer just in case.
so i wonder if my only choice now is to delete all saved sms messages to free up the phone memory and to start filling it up again, because i don't know how to order my phone to save sms messages to memory card?!

thanks for your suggestions!
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-08-16 19:27
maybe try copying data off the memory card, format it then copy stuff back and try again to save messages on mem card. If not work, delete all messages, then format the mem card again, THEN try save messages on mem card again.
korbindallis
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-08-21 21:50
any pic of the W910i with new colours ???
wanna see good live pics
[addsig]
StevenC
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-08-25 11:07

saving sms messages ... 2 available options, phone memory or memory card (2GB) ... i selected memory card, but all of my messages i wanted were saved in phone memory nevertheless. now, it's 100% ful and i can't save no more. i tried to move already saved messages to memory card but i get an error saying i can't do that.

Messages that are stored in the sim card (Saved messages) MAY NOT be moved to phone or memory card.

[ This Message was edited by: StevenC on 2008-08-25 10:10 ]
strizlow800
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-08-25 11:33
Can't you use MPE (My Phone Explorer) for such messages???

Correct me if I'm wrong here..

Kazzaz
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2008-09-06 04:01
Can any one tell me wats the quality of the headphones compared to w810 or w800 ?
strizlow800
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-09-06 09:38
It is walkman phone and it comes with same type of headset like the W800 and W810 so it should has the same quality (maybe better).

Kratos
K810 Ivory
PM
Posted: 2008-09-11 09:11
does anyone experience this problem?

when using MPS - 70 (portable speakers), i can not change the volume. it stays at one level (which is kind of loud).

its funny coz i tried using the headphones, i can adjust volume perfectly.

thanks people!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 6263 646566  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic