Previous  123 ... 678 ... 141516  Next
Author Official MBW - 150 Discussion
schaggo
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-12-29 18:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-12-27 07:18:31, mathios wrote:
The watch works ONLY with se phones (the latest ones)

This is so stupid. Why are there bluetooth accessories which offer similar functionality (caller id, msg notification, ...) and work with virtually every bluetooth equipped phone? Let's talk about parrot devices for your car, bluetooth handsfree sets with displays... Only SonyEricsson decides to use some inofficial proprietary bluetooth protocol addition to make ppl buy their phones if they want the cool watch. Damit.
Gonna get rid of all SonyEricsson then: give back the watch, sell my P1 and get a HTC Touch Cruise instead. Psh...
Classicguy
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-01 14:12
Hi All

This is my first post here. Ive had my classic edition for about a month now and I absolutely love it! I was a little concerned about the size and look of the watch from the pics on the web, but all that faded away when I opened the box.

The watch itself is stunning and looks expensive. The battery life has been fantastic (tip: turn off the bluetooth with two button clicks on the watch when you go to bed at night. No sense wasting battery). I use mine with a SE K850i and the compatibility is perfect. If there is anything that I would like to see imporved it would be the name of the person showing up next to the text notification. Secondly it would have been nice to have a little more range, if my mobile is downstairs and I go upstairs it will usually tell me Ive left my phone behind which is just a little too short for me. I wonder if SE will ever release a firmware update?

I was on the market for a special watch and for me the 150 combines useful technology with a real eye catcher. Anyone who's on the fence as to whether to get one or not, do it. You wont be dissapointed. Oh and here are some pics I took of my classic edition:

Let me know if you want to see more pics

[ This Message was edited by: Classicguy on 2008-01-01 13:22 ]
bider
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-01 14:52

On 2008-01-01 14:12:19, Classicguy wrote:
Hi All

This is my first post here. Ive had my classic edition for about a month now and I absolutely love it! I was a little concerned about the size and look of the watch from the pics on the web, but all that faded away when I opened the box.

The watch itself is stunning and looks expensive. The battery life has been fantastic (tip: turn off the bluetooth with two button clicks on the watch when you go to bed at night. No sense wasting battery). I use mine with a SE K850i and the compatibility is perfect. If there is anything that I would like to see imporved it would be the name of the person showing up next to the text notification. Secondly it would have been nice to have a little more range, if my mobile is downstairs and I go upstairs it will usually tell me Ive left my phone behind which is just a little too short for me. I wonder if SE will ever release a firmware update?

I was on the market for a special watch and for me the 150 combines useful technology with a real eye catcher. Anyone who's on the fence as to whether to get one or not, do it. You wont be dissapointed. Oh and here are some pics I took of my classic edition:

Let me know if you want to see more pics

[ This Message was edited by: Classicguy on 2008-01-01 13:22 ]

Hi

I'm going to buy one in very near future. I'd like to see some photos of this watch next to another one. I mean that I couldn't find any details about it's dimensions or a comparison with another watch. If it's possible I'd also like to get some more details about it's size...
Unofficial SonyEricssonClub.pl
T10 -> T65 -> T310 -> T610 -> T630 -> K700 -> P910 -> P990 -> P1i -> Xperia X1 + C702 -> Xperia X10 mini + Xperia X10!!!
What can I say... I'm maniac!!
Classicguy
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-01 15:06
I'll take some for you later, I'll picture it next to some of my other watches so you can see the difference.
LadFromWales85
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-01-05 00:25

On 2008-01-01 14:12:19, Classicguy wrote:
The battery life has been fantastic (tip: turn off the bluetooth with two button clicks on the watch when you go to bed at night. No sense wasting battery).

If it's anything like the 100, you can just hold the bottom right button to turn on/off bluetooth

That classic does look nice though!
I'd love to see a pic of it next to an executive, on a wrist maybe. I know theres one further back in this thread but the quality isn't as good as those you've taken!
Classicguy
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-30 01:15
Just a quick update. Still loving the watch, its turned out to be a really worthwhile purchase, ande the battery life continues to impress!

Oh and LadFromWales85, thanks for the tip about holding down the bottom right button to turn bluetooth on and off, not sure how I missed that! Cheers!

[ This Message was edited by: Classicguy on 2008-01-30 00:16 ]
bluzark
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-02-06 15:42
i have the Executive Edition
works perfect!
mathios
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2008-02-08 15:12

got my music edition today, very impressed.... [addsig]
mathios
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2008-02-08 15:19
also have my pevious ones.....

looking foreward to the executive edition soon....

[addsig]
Classicguy
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-22 00:06
Well after all the praise I rained down on the watch it broke!

The other day it started disconnecting from the phone, then when I would try to pair it, it wouldnt find the phone, then moments later the LCD display would stop lighting up when the buttons were pressed and the time would stop.

The only way to get it going again was to connect the charger to kick start it. The battery level was full so it wasnt that. But after re-pairing etc the same thing would happen again!

So........the watch has been sent off for repair today but to be honest I want a replacement as I only had the watch late Nov, early Dec so its worryingly early to develop a fault.

When will I see it again? Who knows!
totalgsm
W910 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-22 00:14
lol at first glance i always see this as BMW
Kashee
W960
PM
Posted: 2008-02-26 15:28
I was very close to buying one in Malaysia. The only thing that stopped me was the size of the watch. The face is too big for my liking. I wanted something that did not attract too much attention. I might be tempted if the price comes down further even though it has been recently brought down from £200 to £179.99.
tomjsmith000
S700
PM
Posted: 2008-02-26 23:18
I love these watches!
I prefer the look of the MBW-100 black edition to the 150's.

I'm tempted but that means I'll have to stay with Sony Ericsson (clever plan there, SE!)

I do plan on jumping ship and buying a nokia soon, I have been let down by the K850i badly.
Classicguy
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-12 12:45
Well after three weeks with fossil i had it back with a letter saying they found a fault which was repaired. One month later and the watch has started doing exactly the same as before (see above).

Im not sending it off again at my expense only to be without it for another 3 weeks with no guarantee of it being right when it comes back.

Im about to contact them and ask for a new replacement.
mathios
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2008-04-13 01:53

[addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 678 ... 141516  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic