Esato

Forum > Regional > Americas > Regarding MMS with At&t in United States

Author Regarding MMS with At&t in United States
diddy0071
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-26 20:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I had a few questions with my bill last night, So I decided to give at&t a call. And while I was talking to them I decided to ask about the MMS service, and when they would be able to start providing it. I was told some functions are already available, like sending graphics, and ringtones. But when I tried it, It of course didn't work. So, I called back, and told them that sending graphics and ringtones didn't work yet (A different person told me that) and that MMS technology would most likely be available in the first quarter of next year, probably January. Just had to share the info.
~~~*~~~*~~DIDDY KONG~~~*~~~*~~

"Not just another good looking MOFO!"
shawnmccall9
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-11-26 21:15
ATT GSM has a long way to go, since the beginning, they have been discussing and advertising services long before they are available. WHen I signed up in March, they stated they had international roaming. However, they didn't and wouldn't unlock my phone so I could use it. They were supposed to have MMS back in July, but ooh, is it November already.
GTakacs
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-27 17:23
This is why I'm on T-mobile...... (sorry, I jsut had to rub it in )
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
shawnmccall9
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-11-27 19:20
I know, right? I had been ATT TDMA, and then changed to ATT GSM for the T68 and to keep my phone number. Service was so bad for me as an early adopter and they busted my balls so bad, I said screw the number and dumped them altogether. T-Mobile is alot better. In DFW to. ATT GSM has no service around the airport, it wasn't till I headed to funky town over by precinct line road on 121 that I got ATT GSM. They have a long way to go, I hope they sell their GSM to somebody else.
GTakacs
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-27 20:52
But at least ATT is on the right track and trying unlike Verizon and Sprint who are on a completely different tangent advertising clarity of calls (what a bunch of BS, I get clarity on T-mobile as well, analogue is a has been and they still think that's where they need to lure people from).

CDMA might be a better scheme, and note that ATT's TDMA is a lot easier to convert to GSM, but who cares which is the better system "on paper" when in real life GSM rules.

I guess as long you're only planning on staying in the US and not planning on sending text messages around the world, there are no worries, Sprint or Verizon will do......

I'm just glad that I took the plunge to T-mobile (Voicestream back then) 16 months ago and dumped my Sprint as soon as Voicestream GSM was available.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi