Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Faster data on w800, comparable to EDGE?

Author Faster data on w800, comparable to EDGE?
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-17 21:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi im wondering if you can speed things up a bit on w800,

can you use far to make the w800 go faster then 57 kps? or comparable to edge. It does get a bit frustrating when you want to open a page and its not that fast.

ragards
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-17 22:53
edge ( 2.5 g ) its usually 3 times fater as gprs. of course the speed depends on the operator as well, i have very good experiences with mine one. its really fast here ( t-mobile hungary ). i can watch tv and listen to internet radio ) "almost" in the same quality as on 3g. ( its even possible here with normal gprs, but the tv qulaity isnt the best then.
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-17 22:55
i really hope you are not trying to open up HTML pages on a 1.8'' screen. and to answer your question, no, you cant, you're stuck with GPRS.
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-18 01:39
GPRS and EDGE are part of the hardware. To increase the speed of GPRS you would need to play with the hardware on your phone and the hardware at your network. The only way of increasing the speed is to get another phone that either has EDGE or 3G.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi