Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Formula One 2007 Thread

Author Formula One 2007 Thread
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-03-13 21:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
With the first race of the season in Melbourne this weekend I guess its time to start a thread for this year...

http://www.formula1.com/
http://www.answers.com/topic/2007-formula-one-season
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Formula_One_season

any pre season thoughts on driver changes or rule changes?
lamont
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-03-13 21:32
hi,

im glad you made a thread about this, i love F1!

Did you watch the programme about McClaren's new car and team? Should be a good season for them!

Cheers
[ img ] http://a-zott.com/images/A-ZoTT%20Userbar%20Gold.gif [ /img ]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-03-13 21:33
@masseur - Since you are in Australia at present . . . are you going to watch the INITIAL-stage-race for this year

As I was watching an Asian-news yesterday, I was surprised to see that Alonso will be driving for McLaren-Mercedes Team this year I wonder who will replace him in Renault-Williams Team

[addsig]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-03-13 21:34
no, but its on again on ITV1 at 11pm tonight so I'll try to catch it

edit: no, unfortunately I got back to London yesterday morning

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2007-03-13 20:39 ]
lamont
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-03-13 21:37
Alonso's McClaren team mate looks very promising aswell, i cant remember his name at the mo, i will look after.

I just looked into getting tickets for Monaco for my B'day but i think il have to give it a miss. It would be around £1500 for a 3 day break
[ img ] http://a-zott.com/images/A-ZoTT%20Userbar%20Gold.gif [ /img ]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-03-13 21:39
@masseur - OK . . . this season will be one to watch for . . as the MONEY-man of F1 had just retired - M. Schumy . . . and people are saying that Alonso will take his place for that I hope that David Coulthard (if he is still around) will ressurect his career this year . . . and some says that the GREAT (another one) - Mika Hakinnen will make a RETURN of the come back [addsig]
msmmsm
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-03-14 10:30
Interesting to see how the lap times compare this year round being all on Bridgestones tyres. With Shuey and Montoya out, I am hoping to see a new rivalry between some new drivers build up.

Looks like another sleepless night this weekend, damn time zones!

J-J
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-14 11:28
I'm just hoping to see some overtaking this year rather tha n the usual precession [addsig]
TruffleHunterSnortBeast
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-14 20:17
Lewis Hamilton, last seasons GP2 champion, is Alonso's partner for the coming season, and he looks like the the best of the current British crop. Although he has never competitively driven the McClaren, he is a fearles driver. If anyone saw his drive last season in China, I think, when he spun and was at the back of the pack, with about 5 laps to go, and he finished second, completing the final overtaking on the final straight, from 100m back. He will come a cropper trying that in F1, but fortune favours the brave, and I expect a decent first seson from him. Button will be nothing more than steady, and David Coulthard may pick a few lower points here and there. Light the blue touch paper, and watch for the bangs. Hamiton will respect no-one.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-03-18 03:29
Th first-leg Australian Grand Prix will commence in just a couple of hours . . . some RULES for this season:

1. ONLY Bridgestone Tires will be used in the ENTIRE season by the whole team . . . Michellin is definitely OUT

2. NO modifications of car-engines wil be allowed from Day 1 of the race till the last-leg (race) . . . [addsig]
shyam335
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-18 05:54
Ferrari shown some good pace is australia ,
Good result for mclaren and great job by lewis..
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true - Winston Churchill

We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us - Winston Churchill
ÈL ® ö B ì Ñ
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-18 12:13
I went and missed it....always though F1 was on Sunday afternoons

Will have to download and watch the race
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-03-18 12:23
its repeated on ITV at 16:10 this afternoon

most Grand prix are shown from about midday, but don't forget that Melbourne is currently 11 hours ahead of London

having said that, my wife was watching it live (as the family are in Sydney) and there was alot of talk on TV from Ecclestone that future Melbourne, and I think she said Malaysian too, would be held in the evening/night so that it can be seen live by more of the world at a reasonable hour
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-03-18 22:23

On 2007-03-14 20:17:37, Brnoblade wrote:
Lewis Hamilton, last seasons GP2 champion, is Alonso's partner for the coming season, and he looks like the the best of the current British crop. Although he has never competitively driven the McClaren, he is a fearles driver. If anyone saw his drive last season in China, I think, when he spun and was at the back of the pack, with about 5 laps to go, and he finished second, completing the final overtaking on the final straight, from 100m back. He will come a cropper trying that in F1, but fortune favours the brave, and I expect a decent first seson from him. Button will be nothing more than steady, and David Coulthard may pick a few lower points here and there. Light the blue touch paper, and watch for the bangs. Hamiton will respect no-one.

@brn - Looks like this GUY really did NOT respect anyone :eek It was said (thru F1 records) that the last TIME a NEWBIE made a PODIUM-finish happened in 1966 . . .

Looks like David Coulthard's career is really going down the drain he was one of the last finishers in the Australian-race . . . I just jope that he can REDEEM himself in the races to come . . . [addsig]
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-20 14:39
yep! Mr Bernie has almost confirmed this. Melbourne next year could very well be a night race..... id love to see a night race....
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi