Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > Roaming in Vietnam?

Author Roaming in Vietnam?
GTwinkie
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-14 16:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey guys...

My mom is going to Vietnam in January and I'm giving her a T300 to use. I looked on the T-Mobile website and apparently Vietnam is not in their World Class Roaming agreements. So I emailed CS and asked if I had any alternatives.

This is the reply I received:

"Good morning and thank you for contacting T-Mobile Web services. We're sorry, however we do not offer international roaming in Vietnam. You can call Vietnam from the U.S. for a $1.49 per minute. You would not be able to use your phone
over there because of the sim difference. You may also contact our customer service department at 1-888-611-6119 or 611 from your T-Mobile phone. Thank you for choosing T-Mobile."

There are two providers in Vietnam - VinaPhone and MOBIFONE which both use 900Mhz. Can I get my phone unlocked and then buy a PrePaid card over there to use?

Is this the most cost efficient way? Or are those SIM cards on E-Bay better?

Thanks for the help guys!

[ This Message was edited by: GTwinkie on 2005-05-27 00:49 ]
yapliren
K750
PM
Posted: 2002-11-14 17:20
public phone is the best if you don't need to call her but only she will call you
GTwinkie
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-14 17:22
Hahaha... naw, I just want her to have it for emergencies, that's all.
yapliren
K750
PM
Posted: 2002-11-14 17:46
emergencies ? haha .. what she can do by calling back to us? She might can get help from local police. I believe vietnam police still have the power to protect any foreigner
mtt_ca
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-12-02 16:19
The roaming service of Vietnam works fine with most European and Asian GSM providers, but not yet with America' (only in testing stage with Pacific Bell).

But you can buy a prepaid card to use for a short time.
You can enter www.mobifone.com.vn or www.vinaphone.com.vn for more info
(The service of MobiFone in big cities has better quality than VinaPhone, but VinaPhone has biger coverage in remote areas)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi