Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > HD Ready TV for under £300

Previous  12
Author HD Ready TV for under £300
Danny_BFC
K618 white
PM
Posted: 2007-01-27 11:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
wow sounds nice
Im not fussed about phones/gadgets no more. If im online im in the Non-Mobile discussion
Alec
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-01-27 13:24
Quote:

On 2007-01-27 00:15:26, mrmilo69 wrote:
What a lot of you are saying isn't always true, why not ask people who pride themselves on knowledge of these matters, like the AV forum. A lot of the time you can get a good TV without a nice brand name and still have an extremely good quality TV.

This is untrue, with tvs you pay for the brand names for a very good reason.
Idea
Z600
PM
Posted: 2007-01-27 13:36
Quote:

This is untrue, with tvs you pay for the brand names for a very good reason.

Sorry to disagree with you on this one but to me its untrue. Since the whole LCD TV hype arrived i went through a couple of the TVs. I had a couple of brand name TVs and a couple of unknown brand TVs. It all depends on contrast ratio and colour processor of the TV. I can tell you a Sonashi 32", which is a no brand TV, and it was superior to the Panasonic I got a few months after of the same size. The picture quality was far superior because the unknown company used proper products and a good contrast ratio along with a proper colour portrayal.

The thing about buying a TV is that you have to see the picture, best in an environment where you are not surrounded by dozens of brands of TVs that are switched on. So meight go out have a look which picture pleases you the most and as long as it has warranty don’t hesitate.

Mind you I do agree that for bragging rights brand names and especially Sony Bravia trumps anything that’s unknown.

Idea
"In times of rapid change, experience could be your worst enemy." - Jean Paul Getty

"Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer Simpson
Danny_BFC
K618 white
PM
Posted: 2007-01-27 17:01
Bought that £230 19" HD one.

The rest were out of stock.

This is ace 1080i Xbox 360
Im not fussed about phones/gadgets no more. If im online im in the Non-Mobile discussion
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi