Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > Who can help buying used phones in Japan?

Author Who can help buying used phones in Japan?
Tigerente
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-01-04 12:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi,
I'm searching for some old Ericsson handsets ER205, ER207, ER209i and A1028sc.
They are only available in Japan and I saw them sometimes on yahoo-auctions. Sadly the sellers mostly don't want to ship it overseas and it's hard to write a mail or talk to the seller because of the language problems.

Maybe it's possible to get help from some esato-member.

The phones MUST be new or like new and they MUST be original boxed.
The price should be lower than 25.000 Yen including postage to Germany/Europe (No need of express-delivery) for each phone.

I'd thanks for any advice or help to complete my collection of Ericsson-handsets.

Tigerente
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-01-07 19:08
No one?

[ This Message was edited by: Tigerente on 2007-01-07 18:08 ]
DieselPower
Z550a Black
PM
Posted: 2007-01-12 13:56
Hey dude, this is my firstl post but anyway

I lived in Japan for a while and because ALL phones are CDMA and therefore flashed, you never come across stores with secondhand phones. I wanted to get a nice Sharp Phone with 3G and all the major stuff, but I had to get a prepaid phone. Ended up getting the yellow version of that Ferrari themed Vodafone clam-flip thing. Horrible thing. Well in japan prepaid is minute, you get 3 models to choose from.

But no, sorry mate, I dont think you can buy used phones from Japan if you intend to use a sim. If you can scrounge one up from a personal contact then by all means, but you'd have to flash it or something to be able to use it. I dont recall seeing anyone's phones with SIM card bays in the back...

thanks bro
Tigerente
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-01-12 17:02
Hi, thanks for details but I know that the er20x handsets are not useable inEurope. I just want them for my collection.
The A1028s is a GSM-handset which should be without problems unlocked and also should be possible to flash it with a free software if needed.

So I just want the phones in nearly unused condition. They just should be able to switch on to scroll through the menu. I don't need them to phone with them.
xiaoka
V800
PM
Posted: 2007-01-22 08:50
sorry dude, you should have caught my last summer before i moved.

your best bet is to make a penpal w/ a nice japanese girl, become friends and then get her to help you....

try: japan-guide.com
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi