Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > 20 Greatest Inventions by Muslims

Previous  1234  Next
Author 20 Greatest Inventions by Muslims
blu_6779
T310
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-26 02:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yup, he is a teacher and a scholar and an environmentalist. He's a father figure to most indian students.
Quizerooni
٩(͡๏̯͡&#3663۶
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-26 02:22
Was not aware of that too! must do more research myself.
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-12-26 02:33
Arab scientists established in the ninth century that the world was round and under the Caliphate of Mamun (813 - 833), the first map of the globe was made. These scientific theories, that were available in Latin translations, paved the way for the discovery of America by Columbus, who owed much of his success to Muslim scientists and researchers.

Moreover, European historians acknowledged the fact that Ibn Rushd (Spanish Muslim Philosopher, 1128-1198 AD) was one of the first scientists to predict the existence of a new world beyond the Atlantic Ocean. Columbus himself mentioned in his memoirs that he benefited from the theories of the Arab geographers about the roundness of the Earth, Arab maps and the sciences of astronomy and navigation.

source

Ibn Rushd below was one of those who predicted the existence of a new world beyond the Atlantic Ocean

[addsig]
Abdulah
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-10-19 12:32
All of the claims made in that article have been refuted:

http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/20_Islamic_Inventions [addsig]
drewwilliam
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-08-22 03:31
The Arabs have contributed pretty much nothing. Even this list is a disgrace. Look at Israel 1/120 the size of all the Arab nations around it and there list of inventions blows all of them out of the water. Im not talking about Jews cause if I were the list would almost be doubled of Israel. If you really think we wouldn't have coffee and checks today because of an Arab your nuts. Trust me when I say someone would have invented it by now. When there coming out with Gps, drones, satellites, or how about Intel chips like Israel makes than we can talk about making something that someone else couldn't of made. Some of the richest people in the world come from these countries yet you don't see Nobel prizes or anything significant coming from these countries to help the world as a whole. Saudi Arabia makes more money than Israel even with American help which most gets paid back or is given back through ingenuity and inventions. This is why they have been a third world country and Israel rises to be a metropolitan success in less than 65 years. And by the way if an Arab comes to America and gets an American education and comes out with an invention this is not an Arab invention its American. Just like if I come out with an invention it will be American not Russian where my grandparents are from. And hotmail... seriously when I see hotmail I thank yahoo and the hundreds of other email services that came out before hotmail.
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2011-08-22 10:22
Who cares who invented what.
A lot of things were invented on different places at the same time, bookprinting, photography.

I'm just glad that it's here.

Edit; Oh dear, this is an ancient old forgotten thread.
[ This Message was edited by: hihihans on 2011-08-22 09:25 ]
drewwilliam
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-08-23 08:05
I know 8 years later they still got nothing. And yes it does matter who invented what cause if it didn't the title of the post would be what people have invented not what Arabs have invented. During the last 200 years there have been more science and contribution to the world than ever before and yet I don't see Arabs claiming anything. I mean Japan is tiny, got wiped down to nothing during wwII, huge natural destruction, and still send people in space. Seriously what's up with the arabs, tons of money and resources and it all goes to what??? While the USA spends more money than the ten countries under us combined together, its only 4% gdp while Saudi Arabia is at 22% gdp. Instead of trying to get rid of countries that they'll never win against they should focus on education, period, no excuse what so ever.
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-08-23 13:49
@drewwilliam i'm getting a really bad vibe from you about muslims your comments come across as Islamaphobic bordering on racist norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik would absolutely love you.

drewwilliam
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-08-23 14:21
Bad vibe? I mean if that's your way of saying I'm right than ok. Mass murder??? Who said that?? And because everything I said is true??? Tell me one thing I said that's not true or doesn't apply? So if I say 6,000,000 Jews were killed in the holocaust that means I want all Jews dead? No its a fact just like the other stuff I pointed out. Just because the facts aren't what u want to hear now I'm a racist murder??? Arabs live in third world countries for a reason, if you don't contribute to society you become a third world country period. And I have Arab friends, trust me there the first to people to agree with me. They blame it on there country, although its a valid excuse it still doesn't change the facts. And by the way I have a degree in computer engineering, I had an Arab teacher that went to university of Jordan that was a genius at engineering. He is also the first to tell me the education and opportunity is almost impossible to get out there. Thats why he's in America and that's why Arabs contribute nothing to society today.
drewwilliam
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-08-23 14:27
I love it. I say Arab countries are one of the lowest countries in education in the world. They spend almost all there money on the army. I say they should spend less on war and more on education, and you say I'm racist. Apparently you don't think Arab children should be getting an education instead of handed an AK-47.
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2011-08-23 14:36

On 2011-08-23 14:27:46, drewwilliam wrote:
I say Arab countries are one of the lowest countries in education in the world. They spend almost all there money on the army.

Their governments are to blame for that, not the people.
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
drewwilliam
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-08-23 14:53
Like I already said if you read what I wrote I don't care whose fault it is. But its the truth. For someone to say I'm racist for saying the truth just means they don't want to admit I'm right so they make a scapegoat. If I were racist I would say they should be bombed and killed. America only needs a couple hours to tear all of them to nothing. I didn't say that though I said they have contributed virtually nothing to society and proved it, I also explained why. Take it how u want I work with tons of Arabs and most are extremely intelligent but they all have American education.
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-08-23 15:03
We are getting seriously off topic here and more into the politics of why Arabs now lack in innovation today.I was watching a documentary on Islamic Science and innovation just a few weeks back and they tackled the very question as to why Islamic innovations are lack behind today and the answer is simple there was a period when Muslim Scientists were light years ahead from the west in terms of Scientific research and it was at that time the west looked towards the Islamic world for knowledge and innovation but it was also a time religion was everything and everything had to go through the church and was sanctioned by the church hence why the west was behind it was a time when everything had to be made sure that it passed the religious guidelines now where the Islamic differed was that the religious clerics
there had no say in anything and innovation and thought was freely practised now the tipping point came when the religious clerics in the west and the church decided that they would no longer interfere and that's when there was the massive turnaround happened because the clerics in the Arab decided that Islam and religion was primary over anything else and that's when the demise of Islamic innovation began and why the muslim lacks behind today and now takes most of its knowledge from the west, in the end its religion to blame as to why the Islamic world lacks behind today so in the end there is no argument about who is better than who we all are the same and equally intelligent and mankind when working together can achieve great things as with many modern day innovations and achievements are down to us working together from all races and all religions.
[ This Message was edited by: julias on 2011-08-23 14:04 ]
drewwilliam
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2011-08-23 17:51
Again like i keep saying and will keep saying i dont care why but the matter of the fact is that the Arab innovations are nothing to be proud of. Thats all i said at first and i somehow became a "racist" so i proved a point to show im not racist. Also they have more money and resources than a lot of countries doing a lot better then them. And yeah when the west had little to no population we were lacking in technology. But with the population, resources, and money at a fair and even level we never lacked behind the Arabs. And yes we are getting off topic. Everyone has an excuse instead of just saying your right. Before when it was posted it was look at what the Arabs have contributed. Now its all people contribute. Listen it matters who contributes what. It seems to me like your proud about inventions made thousands of years ago and cant admit that Arab countries are way behind and contribute nothing to society today. Its always an excuse, yes we all know why Arabs dont contribute, but it doesnt change the fact that they dont. If you say to a cripple you cant use your legs to walk, he says thats because my legs got runover by a truck, guess what, even with the excuse he still cant walk.
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-08-23 18:13

On 2011-08-23 17:51:06, drewwilliam wrote:
Again like i keep saying and will keep saying i dont care why but the matter of the fact is that the Arab innovations are nothing to be proud of.

Yes we can all see here that you do not care about facts and may i ask why aren't Arab innovations to be proud of? If it wasn't for the them you wouldn't have many of today's innovations.That's like saying we will forget about the work of Marie Curie and Galileo and only take into account what modern day scientists have done.

On 2011-08-23 17:51:06, drewwilliam wrote:
And yeah when the west had little to no population we were lacking in technology.

So your saying the west were lacking in technology due to a lack of population? Are you for real?

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  1234  Next
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic