Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > ntl - problems yet again (

1234  Next
Author ntl - problems yet again (
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 12:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
hey all...

just after some advise really,...

Ive been a NTL customer for over 2 years now (just basic broadband package).. i recently upgrade to the 3 for £30 offer (TV, Broadband and phone line).. this was in october (at teh start i think),..

Basically they totally cocked up my order... they put my on the family pack (which i didnt even know about) and put teh broadband and phone line through seperate... this mean't i had a bill of about £60-70 ???? not a happy bunny! so i phoned them and after much deliberation they decided to agree that infact i should of been put on the 3 for £30 offer and said if i made a payment of £23) that next month everything would sort itself out.....

right during this time ive have my internet blocked, my phone line barred and lots of phone calls.... basically i'm totally pi$$ed off with NTL and dont know what to do... i have to call them on a number today but was hoping for any recommendations as i know theyre gonna demand money and i really cant be arsed to got through teh same ordeal of having to re-exoplain to someother pillock on the phone... ...

tempted to disconnect everything and tell them to pick it all up - so unhappy with their service here....

can anyone please help... i ealy dont know what to do

lee
living the dream!
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 12:29
im old school.

BT do phones and
SKY do TV.

as for broadband plenty of ISPs are good.

fatreg
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 12:33
yes mate, but can you get those 3 for £30 ?

if so show me how and i'll sign up.... its the problem with cardiff see, id use telewest but we aint got it here so im kinda stuck with NTL

but im phoning them before the end of the day so i need some advsie ion how to approach them... as ive gone aroundin circle sfor too long now

ps fatreg, hope you had a jolly holly

[ This Message was edited by: leeboy13 on 2006-12-07 11:33 ]
J-J
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 12:49
Bt Phone Line £11
http://www2.bt.com/static/i/b[....]home/home_phone/new_lines.html

Sky Tv, basic package £15 (£7.50 first three months) Free broadband!
http://87.86.186.37/showmeskybroadband.htm

Just signed upto NTL aswell and had our first bill thorugh and they are trying to charge us for the family package aswell which we havent got, ive got the fun phone call to either Wales or India to look forward to this evening [addsig]
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 12:54
mate you best phone them before 5 beacuse after 5 theres noone there with any sort of authority... thats what ive found anyway......

but its like a roundabout..... if its as cheap as youve just shown im cancelling due to all these stupid problems...... its not what i signed up for....
living the dream!
J-J
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 12:56
cant phone before 5 as i havent got the paper work with me, ill risk ringing tonight and be prepared to tell them that they are crap at their jobs.

Check the links mate, its that cheap, you can even get better broad band for a few quid more! [addsig]
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 13:14
best of luck then mate, but write it all down and get a ref number too (coz they wont make any note of teh call).....

only problem with having SKY is i aint got a BT phone line and dont really want one, only had one with ntl beacuse it was so cheap in teh end (3 for £30)

come on peeps, someone must have some experience with these people... or experience with messed up providers in the past... basically i wanna cancel now... i dont want ntl anymore.... whats the best precess for this?
living the dream!
joebmc
S700
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 13:25
Just out of curiosity you don’t get all the TV channels with ntl do you? Like with sky for £37 odd a month you get almost everything apart from sky sports.
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 13:26
no you dont mate... its teh basic package - a lil better than free view (which is what i had orignally).....

basically all i wanted was a good broadband provider - and now i got all this
mutleyboy
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 15:23
good luck getting anything sorted with ntl

they are currently threatening debt collection against my gf due to problems they have caused us.

Over charged for a broadband service and refused to sort it out so eventually we cancelled the DD.

Everytime we phone we can speak to someone, but as soon as we explain what has happened and we want to make a complaint we are miraculously cut off the phone line or told computers are down and cant input any thing into the system at the moment.

This has happened all 5 times we have phoned now, also written a letter to them and had no reply.

also asked for the service to be cancelled so many times since this all started happening and the person on the phone says ok i will make a note about this and get it done, only for us to keep receiving bills and when we phone back it turns out oops the person we spoke to before didnt put a note on our account.

Unfortunately my gf signed up to NTL before she knew me otherwise she wouldnt have had this situation because i would not have let her sign upto them as i knew full well of their reputation as cowboys and con men

not sure what our next course of action is, no way are we going to pay them when its their fault everything is so screwed up, who can we escalate the problem to? any watchdog type place to report this to, like you can go to ofcom for phone stuff, what about this?

cheers and sorry to jump in on your thread lee, just thought i would add to the complaints!!
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 15:28
mate it sounds like were totally in te same boat - theyve totally over charged me too and say teh exact same things - 'our systems are down, cant input a note etc....' so everytime i phone i gotta go back through it all again.....

thanks for this info... im gonna go apesh!t on them now!
living the dream!
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 15:30
have you made a list of when you have called and been cut off?

ie times dates etc?

do you also have proof that you sent them a letter?

they have 14 days from date of receipt to reply to your letter or you can feck em over.

write steve.burch@ntl.com and email.

he is mr NTL.

fatreg
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 15:44
fatreg youre a star matey!!!

mutley boy, if you wanna 'team up' on this one and make a joint appeal, im up for it... let me know asap

I just got off the phone to them and basically they said teh longer i leave it teh more problem 'i will be in' to say i wasnt happy would be the understatment of teh century!!!! i went a bit mad, saying that i understand contracting laws, and it is not me who has broken any contract - it is them..... i signed up for a service which i have not been provided.... and wrongly over charged for.... i will not pay a single penny until a bill with teh correct charges are presented to myself.... the owness is on them as they made the mistake....... as i streesed to te guy on the phone, its not that im unwilling to pay anything, its that im unwilling to pay anything more than i actually owe.....

let me know mutley boy as the more people we can find with simular problems as ours teh more chance we have of getting this sorted.....

(on a lil off note teh phone call i made before this one, i got through to a girl who clearly was putting me on hold to have 'laugghs' with her other call centre chums - but i heard them...... (baring in mind i was on hold for around 30mins before i got through).... what a joke!!!!!!!

Lee
living the dream!
mutleyboy
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 15:52
will let you know lee when i have a chat to my gf later when she gets home

thanks for the email add reg, we do have a list of times of phone calls etc,

will send another letter recorded delivery this time and see what happens
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-12-07 15:54
heard them chuckling leeboy?

hope you got her extension number?

send that NTL chump an email, explain that you have spoken to a few people that are in the same boat, and unless HE can sort it out you will have no choice but to go to trading standards and ofcom.

that should get you somewhere.

if that fails leeboy et mutley. you need to get the ADR instructions from NTL (should be on the back of a bill) and do that, ADR btw is an alternative dispute resolution, bascially you send a letter to A who works for an independant company, A will look at the problems and if NTL are in the wrong will order them to sort it. BTW you can only do this if you have formally complained to NTL.

fatreg

PS. i know i said about making notes of when you called, dont make it up, they can check, also does it say when you call that all calls are recorded or some? if all, explain that you have called x amount of times and let him go back and listen to them.

PPS. if you hadn't guessed i know all about complaints!

ascent owner

[ This Message was edited by: fatreg on 2006-12-07 15:00 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi