Esato

Forum > Regional > Americas > operators in NYC

Author operators in NYC
diegogalban
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-03 20:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'll be going to NYC next week on roaming, my operator has roaming agreements with T-Mobile, AT&T and Nextel (forget about Nextel, I'll be using a T68i), wich one has better coverage?? (T-Mobile is a lot cheaper ($1.99/minute flat rate to spain, $.98/minute to the US and Canada, $.83/min rcv calls), AT&T: $2.08/min to spain, $1.06/min US and Canada and $1/min rcv calls, both $.45/sms) also I'll try to use GPRS, which one is better?
MrSavoy
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-11-03 21:12
TM no question about it. ATT GSM is good in Manhattan but in other areas its a bit cketchy and its newer then TM's. I have TM in NYC area and they are great.
cmm3
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-11-12 18:24
at&t just got the GSM stuff off the ground in nyc like 2 weeks ago. as such, they are an annoyingly limiting GSM service provider. I dont expect that they will offer u access to their limited resources when u get here to nyc.

t - mobile is probably your better bet. i asked AT&T if they would let me switch over to T-mobile's circuits on occasion (as TM allows you to send international text messages -- which i why i upraded from AT&T TDMA to AT&T GSM in the 1st place -- tho AT&T does not) in exchange for paying roaming fees. unfortunately, i was not allowed to do this.

T-mobile is a much more flexable provider at this time. i have lots of hopes for AT&T, but they have yet to get themselves off the ground.

CM.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi