Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > se warranty

12  Next
Author se warranty
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-04 03:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
is there any other way to make use of warranty with out a receipt?

Ive got a k750 and w550 and both are playing up, tried fixing my self, but still not working....I dont have receipts for them, neither do the people i got them off....Id like to take them to a service centre and get fixed free, but i dont have a receipt, what can i do?

Can you take the imei number to them ( the service centre) and show them, will this be sufficient to be fixed under warranty free, or will i be charged as i still have no receipt?

Or can you take the imei number to the store you bought from and some how get another receipt for your product if the service centre dont allow the above?

thanks in advanced

[ This Message was edited by: ads1107 on 2006-11-04 02:39 ]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-11-04 03:43
@ads - At my end, scanning the IMEI of the unit will already work if it's UNDER warranty mate . . . now I guess you don't have much recourse but to JUST do what ya think is possible . . . but I prefer that you go first where the fone was actually bought and ask for a 2nd receipt if possible, talk to the manager, they have a soft-spot compared to their subordinates. Good Luck ! [addsig]
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-04 03:52
ill call the service centre and see what they say...i was going to go in today, but they are closed on weekends
So in your country jojo they allow you to use imei only? That must show where it was bought from, i dont know if they do it here....

Id take it into a store, but i bought it from people interstate.....

thanks any way jojo, ill give them a buzz..
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-11-04 03:57
@ads - Yup, I tried it once though it's a NOKIA fone not and they just scanned the IMEI at the back panel . . . saw it on the monitor that it's still under warranty so NO payment was done . . . the unit just needs a software/firmware upgrade though......

I suggest that you must to go FIRST to the store where the unit was bought . . . the receipt MIGHT be needed when you will bring it in the Service Center . . . you must just be prepared here pal. Good Luck ! [addsig]
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-04 04:05
id go to the store, but they are interstate, im not going to book a flight just to get a receipt

They scan the imei from the box yes? not the phone? (wait, there is no barcode to scan on the phone lol)

ill try calling service centre today, as they are a big company, they have a call centre so i may be able to get through to them....

@Jojo, do you have ACCS (Accord Customer Care Solutions) or (aka maybe MDR Care) in your area?
They are international....http://www.accordccs.com/
If you do have them there, do you get your phone serviced there? OR do you get it done some where else?
If its done by them that may give me my answer that i can use imei to claim warranty.....

thanks

[ This Message was edited by: ads1107 on 2006-11-04 03:10 ]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-11-04 23:33
@ads - Yup, better CALL or EMAIL the store where the fone was purchased mate . . . if it will bring some trouble for you . . . better yet, have the fone directly serviced inan authorized service center, though ya have to pay for the EXTRA charges if they will NOT consider your STORY or what have you dude . . .

About that ACCS . . . I'm not fully aware of it mate, I just bring my warrantied fones directly to authorized or Nokia sevice Centers at my end, they SCAN the IMEI, check on their PC's and if it's under warranty, NO QUESTIONS asked . . . they will have it repaired . . . though there are instances wherein a SALES INVOICE is required . . .

I just hope that your unit will be repaired in NO time pal . . . and Good Luck ! [addsig]
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-05 02:03
thanks jojo, will give it a go.....ill contact the stores, i just have to contact the people now who i bought off and see where they bought from....though idont know if you can get direct emails for certain stores.....

will see what happens and get back here....will definately take to authorise se service centre, i dont want a dodgy repair centre

[ This Message was edited by: ads1107 on 2006-11-05 01:04 ]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-11-05 02:09
@ads - If some unavoidable obstacles will be encountered along the way . . . . just always remember that there's the: Esato Mobile Phone For Sale Thread and . . . . Ebay ! [addsig]
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-05 08:32
ive already sold them to friends, but need to fix them first.....i thought i could fix via a flash, but it didnt work....

if i put on ebay, id get less....

@jojo, when you say they scan your imei, do you take your box in so they have the barcode, or do they type they imei from your phone under the battery?

Can anyone else besides jojo confirm if other service centres from around the world do the same as what jojo has done? (scan imei)

thanks

[ This Message was edited by: ads1107 on 2006-11-05 07:33 ]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-11-05 08:39
@ads - Yes, they JUST scan the IMEI code (the one beneath where the battery is located) . . . no need for BOX, receipt etc. (at times it will be asked).

I guess mate, you'll just have PAY for the excess amount (labor chrarges etc.) in order for your handset be fixed . . . do ya think they they are still covered by warranty if I may ask the K750 and W550 are a BIT old models now pal . . . . [addsig]
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-05 14:09
k750 is 8 or 9 months old and the w550 is 4 months old..........
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-11-05 23:54
Quote:

On 2006-11-05 14:09:26, ads1107 wrote:
k750 is 8 or 9 months old and the w550 is 4 months old..........

@ads - In that case they are still covered by warranty mate [addsig]
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-06 01:11
yeah i know, udner 12months, im going to call now..will get back here in a few mins...
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-11-06 01:29
@ads - Well be it as it may mate . . . but if I were you . . . I'll keep myself prepared .. . . that I will be doling out some cash (in order for those fones to be fixed) , this is a worst-case-scenario ok It is a MUST for you to dispose it the way I it . . . [addsig]
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-06 01:54
well ive already sold the phones, got the cash for them, i said to the buyers ill get it fixed and give to you...i rang, they said you need some proof of purchase, if not call your network and sort it out with them. Though i dont know what the networks will tell me as i didnt get them through the networks. They said to go back to the store, but thats a little hard as they are interstate, i emailed the buyers but they have not replied...so......

software upgrade/repairs is $45aud each......$90aud to fix both phones, arghhhh, bl***y expensive...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi