Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Huge Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2007

Previous  123 ... 289290291 ... 505506507  Next
Author Huge Sony Ericsson Portfolio for 2007
Bambino
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-04-12 12:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
no, i'm not desperate about optical zoom. i'm desperate about SE . Curently SE model is based on same platform but diffrent cosmetics, thats makes me mad. u never find anything new when u buys SE.
I think nowdays begin (previously non SE user) to taste new SE ui n feel hapy. but how about SE hardcore fans from the egg to chicken, from t68i ~ k550 (like me? ) i believe they starting to get tired , and want to taste somthing new? surely the'll go to another brand!
soane28
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-12 13:08
yes it is frustrating for diehard technological mobile people this year so far from SE, although remember that it is only april and there is plenty more time to announce some decent high-end phones, even if they are planned to be released later in the year.
Bambino
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-04-12 14:30
yes I hope so bur SE recently fed me with dissapointment after dissapointment.
for example: look at my p990, it even cannot open my 250kb text document (must install mobireader first) do you think its a pity? having a smartphone but cannot even open 250kb document?

PersonallyI think is a shame, a phone with p990 caliber to open 250kb required 3rd application.
thklinge
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-04-12 19:00
Some news from mobilen.se (Sweedish website for a magazine about cellular phones):

Translation:

Sony Ericsson going for Playstation

Already last fall, Sony Ericssons Rikko Sagaguchi revealed the companys plans to use the Playstation brand in future mobile phones. Information about the new user interface points in the same direction.

It's a spanish newsservice (clipset.net) that claims to have new information about Sony Ericssons upcoming flirt with Sonys own brand; Playstation.

The new menusystem is said to be clearly inspired by the PSP and the PS3, and it's the first step in implementing the Playstation brand into their mobile phones. Sony Ericsson newly informed that coming phones like the Z750 and W580 (that go on sale this coming fall) builds on Sony Ericssons new platform. According to the spanish newssite, Sony Ericsson is planning a new game-offencive with the Playstation brand as more phones with the new platform are released.

--------------------

I'll post some more news a bit later.
thklinge
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-04-12 19:15
Other news from mobilen.se:

April the 14th is mentioned as the launchdate for the next smartphone from Sony Ericsson.

The net is swarming with rumors and pictures of Sony Ericssons new smartphone. According to the rumors, the new phone will have a 3,2 mpix camera and wifi support. Some pictures reveal a shell in brushed aluminium, like the new 3G-phone W880.
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-12 20:28
This is taken from mobile review's conclusion of the N95 by Eldar:

"Speaking of handsets, Nokia N95’s camera is getting a counterpart only in September with the release of the Sofia by Sony Ericsson. Similarly-sized casing packs a number of improvements upon the previous CyberShot solutions and a big focus on music (Walkman 3.0 and this won’t be a smartphone). The two products are separated by a huge time gap, thus even in future there won’t be much sense in putting them face to face due to different positioning, price and abilities. Sony Ericsson’s solution won’t be that expensive, though it is slotted only for now-too-far-off September. There is no surprise that the magic of 5 Mpix will force most portals to figure out which one is the best snap-taker, but as to me, this will be of almost no real use. "
T-mobile
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-04-13 00:30
Well April 14th is a Saturday, so I really doubt it to be an announcement day.
hanugro
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-13 02:43

On 2007-04-13 00:30:39, T-mobile wrote:
Well April 14th is a Saturday, so I really doubt it to be an announcement day.

Oops, What is this with 14 April since in dSLR world somebody said there will be new dSLR from Sony (formerly Minolta) on this date.

[ This Message was edited by: hanugro on 2007-04-13 01:46 ]
shaliron
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2007-04-13 07:48
Well think of it clearly. Can SE actually beat Nokia in the high-end spec race? Probably not.

If SE tries to combat Nokia with phones like a 5MP smartphone, with GPS, optical zoom, etc. it'll just end up wasting money, gaining a small market share in a very small market.

And even Nokia can't isn't putting everything into one phone. Look at the N95:
- K800 has better camera, even at 2MP less. (look at MR or Mobileburn)
- series and N91 have better music playback quality than N95.
- GPS lacks touchscreen.

And it all adds up to a phone with horrible life. Less than a day - pathetic.

UPDATE:
Some of this is from Mobile-review, but I think some is a little wrong.

• Laura appears to be cancelled.
  • Lizzy may be cancelled.
  • The Z750 is not the Z800 successor. It's an in between - the real one will have even more (which should be the 5MP clam).
  • Elena and Sofia may have no HSDPA.
A wooden spoon is a spoon made from wood. Source: Wikipedia

Winner of: Best Thread (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Post (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Signature 2007, and 2nd Best Nickname 2007.
mrdoubleb
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-04-13 09:51
Ok, so no Sofia announcement this weekend either (they'll announce a smartphone). But than again, I'm not surprised. With all those fake dates during the past months from people posing as insiders, I didn't expect anything else.

My only fear is that something must have gone very bad at SE with Sofia. Yes, nothing about it has been official I know, but supposed features (optical zoom, HSDPA) keep on disappearing, the launch date is constantly being pushed back (again, not officially as there never was an official date) and Nokia is left alone to gain market share at the top-end camera phone market.

I just don't think its plausible that an aspiring market leader would intentionally let it's biggest competitor rule a segment without competition for 6 months+. Could it be that they have some serious issues with Sofia and/or the 5mp camera?
xumdeo
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-13 10:52
some subtle facelift to the UI on w580i

soane28
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-13 11:00

Yes, nothing about it has been official I know, but supposed features (optical zoom, HSDPA) keep on disappearing, the launch date is constantly being pushed back (again, not officially as there never was an official date)

This is just the result of SE fanatics creating unrealistic hype about it. Even one prototype pic sparks a ridiculous amount of unlikely features which people think are being added. Although, its bound to happen here at esato!

It is a worry that SE have left its k800 successor so late, although that could be because everything this year has been sealed tight, and that in mind, it is only mid april and SE are not following the same strategy as previous years so expect the unexpected. What i would like to personally think is the delay is due to observations of the n95 camera abilities and its disadvantages therefore improvements are being made. We havent seen the n73 successor yet either, so its in SEs best interest to get Sofias camera abilities to a standard above both nokia n95 and n73s successor.
m.h Croatia
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-04-13 11:16
xumdeo, from where did you get that? Any more pics of the UI?
Visit M-R Forum-freshly updated, stronger and better! http://forum2.mobile-review.com//
xumdeo
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-04-13 12:00
no commercial secret
just a press preview at SE's Hong Kong office
http://www.hksincere.com/article.php?artID=927
http://hk.phonedaily.com/news/?news_id=4872
London Andy
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-13 12:45
There are quite a lot of new buzz going on for the moment.
Both the P1000 is on its way topic and the Meeting with Sony Ericsson topic are leaking quite interesting info and pictures, seams to e coming directly from the den of the beast

This always seams to be happening just before a announcement.

Could it be that we soon will hear from SE?

[ This Message was edited by: London Andy on 2007-04-13 11:50 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 289290291 ... 505506507  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic