Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Samsung D500 problem!

Author Samsung D500 problem!
joshiestevens
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-10-15 17:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I am having a problem with my D500. It often has completely white screens or sometimes the screen is scrambled, and sometimes its fine. It seems to occur when the phone is bashed slightly, and it will continue to do it when i switch the phone on and off. I have to bash it a few times for it to go back to normal. Often the left and right buttons dont work either but sometimes they do.

Its really irritating me, as I take my phone out of my pocket and its either a completely white screen or a messed up coloured one!

Does anyone knwo what could be the problem and whether its a hardware or software issue?

Thanks!
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-15 17:15
That's most probably a hardware issue. There is a data ribbon that goes from the bottom part of the phone with the mainboard and keypad on it to the screen, this has most probably become either slightly damaged or the ribbon has become a little dislodged. All it probably needs is the phone taking apart and the ribbon taking out, the ribbon and board contacts given a quick clean with a light brush to get rid of any dirt or dust and reconnecting. Also check the ribbon itself for any signs of damage, rips, tears, or tiny nicks.

It will probably work fine if it's undamaged and after being put back into place. If you don't feel confident in taking the phone apart (Samsung sliders can be tricky to take apart!), get a local phone shop to do it, I can't imagine they'd charge much to do it.

This is a common Samsung slider/flip phone problem, and I knew before reading your post that it would be a white screen problem! Replacement ribbons are available on Ebay for about £10 or less for an idea of pricing
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

joshiestevens
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-10-15 17:21
Is it also normal regarding jumbled screen or the left and right key not working?
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-15 17:35
Yes, those problems are linked to ribbon problems too, including button problems on the top half of the phone, and camera problems too.
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

joshiestevens
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-10-15 17:59
Hey, Ive taken the whole top seciton of the phone off, I cant see any damage to the ribbon, tiny bit dusty on the top, but thats it, i removed the conneciton and its all clean down there. Is it worth taken the whole bototm seciton off and checking it there... just its reallly long to get to the bottom bit. I cant see any damage/rips/tears to the ribbon!
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-15 18:13
Yes, take the back off the phone where the battery sits (think there's 4 small Philips head screws down there, one under a rubber bung thingy too i think), try taking out the ribbon, cleaning it and re-inserting it, making sure you put the ribbon back in fully and without damaging or forcing it too much and see how you get on

lo2lo2a82
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-28 22:38
tried to ope these tiny pin but i donot have a good tool for that ... i was going to damage one of the pin .. i really want to fix that by my self (
but thanks for the info that realy help
and i have camera problem too and white screen
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi