Esato

Forum > Regional > Americas > Use t68i to send E-mails Via Rogers AT&T

Author Use t68i to send E-mails Via Rogers AT&T
gshanouda
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-10-30 05:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I was talking to the Customer Service to find out how can I send / recive e-mail using my t68i, finly I can send e-mail but I can't recived them because they can't get there server to work yet. but to send e-mails simply follow the steps below and it works because I been sending e-mails like no tomorrow...

1. go to your messages menu
2. select SMS
3. Select Write new
4.when the text window open just type the e-mail address you want to send to example

****@rogers.com then your message goes here, please note you have to leave one space between the e-mail address and your message.
5. press enter
6. when the Number window comes and ask you to enter the phone number then enter 0000000000 it has to be 10 Zeros.
7. then press send
and you secussefully sent an e-mail from your t68i using Rogers AT&T

if you need more help let me know...!
***Proud Owner of t68m with t68i upgraded software, and EPoX Dongle
**Proud Owner of and only ...!
*you can do anything with computers....!
thanatos808
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-01 07:21
and if after typing the address ***@roger.com (subject) u get a subject heading if u use brackets right after the address, don't forget the one space after address, and space after close bracket for the text email
eg:
***@rogers.com (subjecthere) blah,blah,blah
today is yesterday's tomorrow
gshanouda
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-11-01 14:23
that is ture, here we go
***Proud Owner of t68m with t68i upgraded software, and EPoX Dongle
**Proud Owner of and only ...!
*you can do anything with computers....!
DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-01 19:13
Thanks Guys, I got it to work.. but now I'm more confused. What is the email part in mesages for?? Only emails with attachments?? And can i send attachments with rogers.. not necessarily pictures... but how about ringtones and themes or whatever else one can send???

Thanks in advance,

dragoneye
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-11-01 21:30
Hey DragonEye, how did you get the email client under messages-email 2 work? Can you please post your settings? I read in another thread that you got it 2 work.

This post was posted from a T39

DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-01 21:47
@prom1

i don't think i posted that..i was asking HOW to get it to work.... and my sms email does work now... but i have settings on my phoen that i downloaded from rogers wap that gave me some email settings...i can now send and receive text emails but they all go the sms thing...

I did mention though that rogers wants me to sign up on a different data plan and they said that would make me picture email work... but i think the picture would be sent by finding the picture and sending via email not using the message email setup

dragoneye
theEND
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-02 19:47
has anyone on rogers tried to access POP3 email using a dial up connection instead of GPRS.

i've been trying with my ISP but no luck so far. i've looked around in the other forum sections and people in other parts of the world are using this to get their emails.

theoretically this is how you should be able to do it.

go to "Connect" -> "Data Comm." -> "Data accounts" -> "Add account?" -> "GSM data" -> choose a name, input your ISP's phone number, you user-id and password (these should all be the same as you use on your computer).

then you can go back and edit the account to add further info, "Connect" -> "Data Comm." -> "Data accounts" -> select your account -> you can change the data rate, i think you're most likely to be sucessful if you try the slowest one first. you can also input your DNS address.

then go back to the main menu to configure your email settings (unless you already have), go to "Messages" -> "E-mail" -> "Options" -> "Edit account" -> "Add new?" -> pick an account name, input all your email settings. then edit the account and under "Connect Using" pick the dial up account you created in the first part.

if everything is done you should be able to go to email and click on "Send and Recieve Messages" and things might work.

i tried this using my university ISP to connect to my university email. it says that the connection to server failed. i can think of three things that could have gone wrong:

1. Rogers somehow blocks dialup connections
2. the dial up connection failed for some other reason
3. the connection to the email server failed but the dial up worked.

can someone else try this and let us know if this works for you?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi