Esato

Forum > Regional > Americas > T-Mobile voicemail notification - SMS saying to dial 123?

Author T-Mobile voicemail notification - SMS saying to dial 123?
GTwinkie
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-28 17:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hey guys...

I ordered my folks a T68i w/ a new T-Mobile service and swapped my Nokia 3390 with them. When I had the Nokia, when I received a voicemail, I would just get a little voicemail notification on my phone like normal. But ever since I swapped SIM cards, when my mom gets a voicemail on the Nokia, T-Mobile sends her an SMS that says, "You have 1 voicemail. Dial "123" to retrieve" or something like that. So my mom has to read the SMS, delete it, then go out and dial 123 to get her voicemail. Retarded.

I'm in Atlanta and I set up their phone for Washington D.C... so does it have something to do with the two different markets? The SMS thing is silly... why can't she just get a voicemail notification like normal. It's hard enough explaining to my mom that she has to lock the keys everytime she's done with the phone... let alone the whole concept of SMS.

All the while, the T68i worked normally even though I was in VA with an Atlanta phone number.

Has anyone experienced this? Anyone know how to change this?

Thanks in advance guys!

Victor.
[addsig]
DJ Teknosys
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2002-10-28 21:42
I've always gotten a SMS text message telling me I have voicemail. It was like that when T-Mobile was Voicestream as well. Is there another type of notification?
GTwinkie
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-28 21:46
Yeah... everyone with T-Mobile in Atlanta gets a normal voicemail notification. The little voicemail icon pops up and it asks you if you want to listen... no text message.

Even my friends that have had service with T-Mobile when they were Powertel and then VoiceStream have never had a text message notification.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi