Esato

Forum > General discussions > Announcements > Valhalla Chat (new and free Bluetooth messenger)

Previous  12
Author Valhalla Chat (new and free Bluetooth messenger)
jaume
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-24 10:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
It crashed your mates phone? which model? what do you exactly mean?

What could have happened is that that phone doesn't support the API jsr-82, that is that it doesn't allow to access the bluetooth hardware through Java.

If that's the case when trying to open the program, the phone should complain with something like "Application error".
But that's all it shouldn't "crash" or anything like that.

Please if something really nasty happened to it, please let me know: what happened? to which phone? and doing what?

Thanks.
djtwistter
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-09-24 14:52
it was a w800i and it fross then he try to get it off no chace then he thought to take the battery out of the phone when he pu tthe phone back on it was compllety frosen i think he is goign to get an other phone now i fell sorry for him as he loved that phone
jaume
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-25 14:31
Well I'm sorry to hear about that...

But I'm sure that incident is totally coincidental. There's no way a MIDlet (A Java application) can do that kind of stuff to a phone.

The Java applications run on top of a Java Virtual Machine, this means that the program is contained.

In the worst case a Java progam could cause some problem in the JVM but that would be solved switching on/off the phone itself.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi