fine to email account.

This is strange, indeed!

joE
amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-17 06:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'll try again! I'm going to a different area now so maybe it works from there.
amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-17 06:30
To a different subject - I haven't got billed yet since I started sending and receiving MMS. How will it be billed? I know MMS more costly than SMS in Europe but if T-Mobile say they don't offer MMS yet how will they bill you for it? If anyone knows just reply - otherwise I'll fill you in on it when I get my bill.
sfaguy
W800
PM
Posted: 2002-11-17 07:05
Hey Amagad,

I just got your MMS and also the one I sent to myself from the second T68i phone. It took a lot longer than I anticipated but it got here, YES!

THANK YOU very very much your help, and rj of course, for this wonderful settings to make this happens.

I, too, am curious as to how T-Mobile intends to bill for this given the fact that they claimed MMS is not being supported. Please continue to post helpful info here. This is GREAT!!!

joE
sfaguy
W800
PM
Posted: 2002-11-17 07:36
Hello,

Now that MMS is working. T68i comes with 3-4 templates (ie. I am late, I am busy..etc) which is fine but limited, does anyone know of any good sites to get more more fun gifs??

Thanks,
joE

amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-17 07:59
I'd like to know of some other templates too. The only other thing I have been doing is to download background pics and tunes from Esato to create my own MMS with the Blank option. I love MMS - wish more of my friends had it activated.
sfaguy
W800
PM
Posted: 2002-11-17 08:09
Amagad -
Good idea! Create your own pic and sounds. Do you know if there is a size limitations, like how many pages & pictures can you send per MMS?

joE
sfaguy
W800
PM
Posted: 2002-11-18 03:51
Hey Amagad,

Are you online? I tried sending the postcard along with my pic and text, and I got an error 'message format error'. Do you have any idea what this is?

I am sending to a friend in Singapore who has a T68i and MMS is available as well.

joE
sfaguy
W800
PM
Posted: 2002-11-18 04:05
Has anyone in the US tried sending MMS to Asia? I keep getting the 'message format error' when trying to send to a friend in Singapore who has a T68i with MMS. I sent the same MMS to a mobile by changing to a US number and it went out fine.

For the record, I can send SMS to the this person (same mobile number) without problem.

joE

rj
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-11-21 06:28
sfguy, who ever told you BEFORE that MMS is not out yet is BS (infact, they've been tryin so hard trainin the REPS about MMS) MMS was introduced in the t-mobile market when t300 came out which seems to be years ago. LOL.

anyway, MMS will be billed according to the KB usage. no extra cost unlike SMS.

also, you guys might consider getting the $9.99 for 10MB (wap only)
..just a suggestion!

*** did you know that t-mobile will give you a different setting if you ask for it? HEHEHE and it doesn't work!

rj
T68iFan
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-11-21 09:44
amagab,

thanks for the detailed MMS settings walk-through. I have AT&T but I wonder if it will work for me. I'll try it tomorrow. Does that message server belong to T-Mobile or some third party?

I think MMS is one of the best features of the T68i, and I'm very frustrated that the major carriers aren't supporting it yet.

Again, thanks for the info,

T68iFan
amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-21 09:45
rj> thanks, that is great to hear. Much better than the billing system they use in Europe - where they bill you for each MMS sent - it is not counted as data usage.
amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-21 09:47
T68Fan> rj have to answer the question regarding the message server - he provided that information to me. Thanks!
sfaguy
W800
PM
Posted: 2002-11-21 17:45
rj -
I sent a MMS to this guy in Singapore. I got the MMS sent confirmation on my phone, but my friend NEVER got it (he has a T68i and MMS service there). Amagad said something you had mentioned before that 'one has to successfully send one before receiving one'. Is this true and if so, would you be kind enough to explain the logics behind this?

As with T-Mobile, I spoke with the folks in technical support on several ocassions and each time I was told MMS is not supported. Of course, I was pleased to learn it is available and we are all using it, hehe!

joE
rj
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-11-21 23:05
that's just how it's done. if you all are aware of the MMS previews in europe and in asia where you will have to register @phoneparadise.com, the site will send you a trial MMS first before [sending]everything is gonna work. not unless you got a locked phone supported by the carrier.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi