Esato

Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > BlueTooth Headset Reviews...

Previous  12
Author BlueTooth Headset Reviews...
amagab
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-29 09:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
stlblues> yes, I got some. I am a distributor here in Hawaii. Actually, I was going to put one or two up on eBay tomorrow when I get to the office. Have to take some pictures first. You can keep an eye on eBay or you can email me at bluespoon@cellhead.com and we can make a deal.
Bajie
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-29 10:16
SE T68i, Nextlink Bluespoon, £200, London England

Pro's.
Wow factor. Received product, packaged so well left it in the box for an hour!
Sound quality very good. Not many complaints from people on other end of call when in use.
Smallest headset, excellent battery life. Documentation and mini cd very helpful.
Does its job and does it well.

Cons.
Murder to get used to. Earpiece is very hard, and maybe too big for some people. Would be nice if it were slightly smaller and had foam padding or similar as inside of ear does get irritated initially.
User needs to experiment with springs to find most comfortable fit.
Cannot use on left ear [which is my preference].
Have to press button on bluespoon to answer call, for people having trouble with ear sensitivity this will cause a problem.
Documentation should advise people to get familiar with wearing BS before using for extended periods of time.

Conclusion.
This product takes Bluetooth Headsets to the next level.
Without a shadow of a doubt other manufacturers will have to follow Nextlinks lead.
If Nextlink are reading comments made on this forum I think any improvements to the product will be to the benefit of us all.
The main thing I would like to see is a smaller fitting into the ear and some way to decide whether you want to wear in the left or right ear.
Looking at the unit I feel there may be a way to make the earpiece more like a plug so it could be turned around so you can change which ear you use.
Obviously I don't know how feasible this is in real terms ...
Buckwheat
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-12-24 07:46
Purchased Bluetrek headset for my T68i.

Works great, people are invariably shocked when I tell them I am driving and on a cell phone let alone a wireless headset, they say the sound quality is crystal clear.

Dialing outbound with voice works great, except when in gale-force winds.

Receiving calls, it makes a warble tone, announces the name of the caller (if I've created a voice dialing recording for them), answer by saying "answer" or "busy" to forward teh call to voice mail.

Two buttons control on / off / dial / hang up and volume up / down. Note versus the Ericsson model, there is no mute button.

Relatively hard plastic shell is comfortable regardless, have friend with the Ericsson model which is very soft & padded, that one is more confortable, but I have forgotten I am wearing this one (then feel like an idiot wandering around the shopping mall like a Borg).

Hope this helps...

B!
kewl_mobile
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-12-03 13:24
Hi,

While searching for a good bluetooth headset
for my T610 / T68i, I found 2 good bluetooth
headsets which have long talk & standby times
and are reasonably priced too.

The Jabra BT200 (BT250 is out too). This
one has good reviews and is known to work
well with most phones and with headset profile.

The other one I found and also like is the
"Bluetrek bluetooth headset" on this link

http://www.themobilerepublic.com/viewitem.asp?app=1&pcode=blu-blu-boo694&lnkpcode=

It has much better talk & standby times
compared to anything on the market.
Has anyone in our forum used this new
bluetooth headset? If yes, please can you
provied the following info :

1) How it performs with the T610 / T68i / any other phone ?
2) Does it work well with a bluetooth dongle
using the headset profile?
3) Found it cheaper elsewhere?
4) Does it fit ok even when wearing sun glasses?
I'm sure someone using the old model too can
answer this one.
5) Any other reviews / comments?

Thanx in advance.

Cheers.
cybertank
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-03 22:44
Guys... the feedback is amazing and I've even heard from some people asking me to send this all back to the companies letting them know what we think. I'm typing up a review to send to them and will post it here first so you can all give feedback and input before it goes out.

Add any addition information or questions soon and I will include it as well.

I have one question for everyone:

Has anyone found a bluetooth headset that will work with more than phones? ie: As a headset for ipaq? mp3 players? etc.

...Todd.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi