Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > HELP!! WAP setting for the Rogers AT&T wireless(Canada)

Author HELP!! WAP setting for the Rogers AT&T wireless(Canada)
va3sdu
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-03 04:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi! Everybody, I'm having a problem on the WAP setting on Rogers AT&T wireless Network to my T68(Canada). Just wondering if anyone can give me a hand. Thanks a lot!!

Brest Regards,
Vic
T.L.
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-22 08:53
Hey Vic I'm also using the T68 in Canada on AT&T I managed to get WAP working or I should say I managed to get someone to get WAP working on my phone. He was able to get the IP address and password from AT&T. I'm presuming he knows someone on the inside. It's actually not hard to do but you need to get the password cuz I have the IP address. I have 2 T68 but can't get both working cuz I don't have the password.
T.L.
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-22 09:01
What I really wanna know is where in Toronto can I do a firmware upgrade. I've called Ericsson but they directed me to my service provider, which in this case is AT&T. Talking to those guys about anything is like speaking french to a chinaman....it just don't work....
infinii
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-23 06:12
T.L,

Is your WAP still working? I called into Wireless tech support today and they claimed that people had been using T68's on the network but recently they reconfigured stuff to block them out for security reasons, etc.

Is there any way your friend could get me setup as well? Also, do you have to pay anything extra on top of your regular voice plan?

Thanks
infinii
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-23 18:18
BTW, forgot to add. When you use the slider key on side of phone. Does it say GPRS available?

Mine says GPRS: GPRS not allowed.

I called into tech support and they say it's activated on my account and the HLR(whatever that is) is fine also.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi