Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Nokia N73 vs SE K800i which is better?

Previous  123 45 ... 272829  Next
Author Nokia N73 vs SE K800i which is better?
Mulder7
W810 white
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-28 00:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I am torn between these two phones for my next upgrade. I mainly want the phone for:

Pictures in all light conditions
May play music on headphones depending on if im using my ipod or not
Ease of use (N73 smart phone i.e hard to use?)
Memory

I dont want to start a war about these two phones, just which phoe is best for what I want to use it for. I currently use a LG Chocolate so thats my going out phone so i will be using this phone for uni mainly and other day-to-day stuff.
This whole phenomena is a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in a government agenda.
(+9, -0)
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-28 06:57
N73's camera doesnt do well in low light conditions, but its certainly in the same league as K800 in good light. N73 has very good video recording. Very nice to view them on the phone.

K800 has a small screen, 2.0inch diognal. N73 has a 2.4inch diognal, which is massive and is a pleasure to use.

N73 media player is easier to use, if you listen to a lot of songs, due to the search feature. It also categorises songs by albums, composer, generes which the K800 doesnt.

Always remember one thing, series 60 3rd edition is NOT slow and sluggish. I've been using my N71 for a month and it only hung up once.
Matteus
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-28 07:19
The biggest Scandinavian tecnical magazine Tekniikan Maailma made a test between 3.2Mpix cameraphones. They gave 5 stars to K800i. And N73 got 4 stars. Also N93 got 5 stars in the test.

This message was posted from a K800i
mario2004
J200
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-28 08:46
So they've only compared the cameras. What did they say about video recording? And how about EDGE connection?( not as slow as the outdated gprs and not as power hungry and fluctuating as 3G) And did they mention anything about 3-party software? My pc was useless when I got it from the shop! To compare a smart cell vs non smart is like comparing a Swiss army knife with a kitchen knife. Yes the later may be better at cutting bread but come on . . .

This message was posted from a N70-1
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-28 09:43
Quote:

On 2006-10-28 07:19:44, Matteus wrote:
The biggest Scandinavian tecnical magazine Tekniikan Maailma made a test between 3.2Mpix cameraphones. They gave 5 stars to K800i. And N73 got 4 stars. Also N93 got 5 stars in the test.

This message was posted from a K800i

Let us not forget its after all a phone, not a camera.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-28 10:18
Hi all,
I find this article in this mag very hard to understand as it gives 5 stars to K800 and N93 yet only 4 stars to the N73. It is widely acknowledged much to the annoyance of many N93 owners that the stills Camera in the N73 is meant to prouduce better pictures than the N93 does. Although personally i think there is very little difference haveing owned both and still owning a N93 which is my main phone.
Since this thread started it is now possible to upgrade software at home for Nokia phones and is no more or less difficult than SE's procedure.

Marc
Blackberry Bold, V4.6.0.214, 8GB SDHC, Pin2553F455
Honoured to have Won Best Debater for the 2nd Year
ovais
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-10-28 10:22
Hello all,

i would like to ask you about SE K800i and N93 which is good?

actually i m looking for best cam so i owned SE but after bought i came to know that for vedio shooting there is no flash light so we simply cant use in dark. 2nd: SEK800i only eccept *.jar file rest its not able to download or run the application in cell so we cannot enjoy more options. 3rd: there is no key pad password like Nokia its very essentioal. 4th: security option are more less than Nokia.

finally i decided to sell my K800i bcoz i really cant have more fun with this toy. so requesting you all freinds give me suggesion what to do if you have any link or option to get above things done in SEK800i so thats better else i need to sell this toy. and if i sell this toy so which is best one for all my desires?????

please suggest. [addsig]
SloopJohnB
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-10-28 11:01
Mobile phones evaluations are always subject to personal preferences, however if u analyse N73īs x K800īs in terms of features, technologies, hardware, software...., i mean, objective parameters, K800 is almost a toy compared to N73. Its just a k750 with a few better twists like more pixels (not much difference in picts), better screen ( but icons more pixelated and slower menu), worst sound quality and etc. N73 is something else. It has a real operating system, a FAST one by the way;much better screen, much better video, much better media files viewer (cool effects), better cam (but no xenon), better connectivity, better sound quality, better speakers, better pim, better multitasking, and etc etc
K800 is a small update to k750/w800īs platform with downgrades for market reasons (worst music quality and realization)
N73 is a handheld computer with great media/cam features.

Some people may prefer k800 but what can u do? Some people actually like robbie williams.
Mulder7
W810 white
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-28 21:05
Ok im not too fussed about the camera and the comparision comes up a lot here, what about the software because from what I heard today from a guy in T-Mobile was that the Nokia N73 was having problem after problem and esspecially if I have to send it to a Nokia service centre to be repaired or upgraded.
This whole phenomena is a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in a government agenda.
(+9, -0)
Vercetti
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-10-28 21:46
Owh please the K800i is better in every way only thing is better that's the OS, Symbian is better but it's not a must.
Phone history: T20e, T100, T630, K600i and now K800i
QVGA
Nokia Lumia 1020
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-10-28 22:28
Quote:

On 2006-10-28 21:46:35, Vercetti wrote:
Owh please the K800i is better in every way only thing is better that's the OS, Symbian is better but it's not a must.

What about the N73's screen and video?
jack77777
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2006-10-29 02:34
n73 is way better than k800i , better screen same cam better video and symbian os , also has edge + 3g has more capacity mem card at the mo , also has 3 , yes 3 stereo speakers , 2 on top 1 on bottom , i think n73 wins easily
15% online - Sony Ericsson - "4 lyf"
QuickShare
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-10-29 02:17
N73 probably
My Flickr Site..
Flickr.com
Most Popular Newbie 2006
sesukaku
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-29 04:53
i found that this comparison is sooo damm funny. Does anyone ever ever ever think about the keypad? N73 s*X big time!!! no one mention this!! Look, i owned N70 before. This is what i found: I was very very happy becoz i know that this phone will be able to view and edit ms word (but then i still have to spend lots and lots of time to search the software.. 3rd party software u guys talking about? sooo funny, i am looking for free software, if i have to pay for it, then its the same thing). But then i managed to find the sofware and i was sooo happy, not until the time when i have to use 'em. I was on the bus and i need to do essay due on the day, so i try to write them using my phone. U know what? in the end i ended up writing them down on paper, which i found 100 times faster than typing it using the goddamm keypad of N70 (where the company trying to make them as tiny and cute as possible so that ppl find it really really difficult to type fast). I still have to admit that K800's keypad is not too much better, but i can type at least 2 times faster than when i use N70.

If you guys have check the N73 keypad.. hohoho, thank you nokia. I would definitely will not use it to edit MS word since it will be a waste of time.
This is just a side story, since i always read that u guys ONLY compare based on features. One more: Do u use EDGE? look, I have K800, its connected to 3G network, but i NEVER use the internet browser. That's a waste of money man!! get alife!! use computer to do internet, its way cheaper. I dun see the necessity to use internet on the bus or train, since i use my K800 to VIEW MUSIC VIDEO ^____^. I know N73 can do this as well, but i guess hardly everyone here use their phone in this way lolx.

One more thing, the only reason why i choose K800 over N73 is because of the design (i know, ppl complaint about the design being soo bricky, so what?). When this phone was announce, i dun even bother, i hate K800. But when the phone is on the market then suddenly i like it. Isn't it amazing? from hate to like it. I found NO Nokia's phone can be such appealing as SE, this is because of one simple reason: DESIGN. So, if you ask me why i buy K800? well, partly because of its multimedia capability, but it will be mainly because of its DESIGN!!!

I just want to say this because i found that a lot of user here tend to say N73 just based on features. So, i am here just to open ur mind guys, there are lots of little things out there that not all of you realise this. One more thing which i found myself that this is quite unbelievable: K800 is indeeed extremely popular, even more than N73, regardless that all of you here say that N73 is alot better. I think the new SE strategy is to steal the new market and they got it right away on the spot. Has anyone think about they being smart ass? dun be like child that you will only say this is better than this and this one is no good, dun buy this. Have a deeper analysis, look at the small things. And, one more tips, if you want to say something bad, tell the good things first. It will give a different aspect from the reader point of view. (some ppl just simply bash..)
upper
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-10-29 05:25
Quote:

On 2006-09-03 05:06:45, WillieG wrote:
@Casperr

You are absoloutely right, although I am a die hard fan, I remain unbiased when it comes to this comparison.

I have friends that have the N73 and others with theK800.

N73 blows away. Honestly does not have an answer for the N73 at this moment

N73 ( These were posted by an Esato member in a nother thread )

Macro

Well it all depends, if you want a phone that only takes great pictures during the daytime then the n73 it is, but if you want a phone that can take great pictures during the day and in the night then certainly SE K800i all the way.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 272829  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic