Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Tips and tricks > Sony Ericsson K800i Tip And Tricks

Previous  123 ... 101112 ... 141516  Next
Author Sony Ericsson K800i Tip And Tricks
mischiew
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-05-18 14:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi all,

I've seen a few posts about how hard opening the cover is. I guess it really depends on the phone since other people don't have it at all, but mine was almost impossible to open, had to use a knife the first time. I blame SE for that

Using a rubber is much easier though, it gives you a much better purchase on the cover and it doesn't do any damage, unlike a knife, can opener and so on.

Hope it helps the new lucky K800 owners!
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-18 15:12

On 2007-05-18 14:40:06, mischiew wrote:
Hi all,

I've seen a few posts about how hard opening the cover is. I guess it really depends on the phone since other people don't have it at all, but mine was almost impossible to open, had to use a knife the first time. I blame SE for that

Using a rubber is much easier though, it gives you a much better purchase on the cover and it doesn't do any damage, unlike a knife, can opener and so on.

Hope it helps the new lucky K800 owners!

the cover is specifically designed NOT to be opened by the end user. Service technicians have specific instructions how to open the casing easily and without chance of damage. Those of usnot offical SE "service technicians", who want to open our phones, just have to work it out as best we can

Personally I find SE phones one of the easier brands to crack open without breaking them into little bits.

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2007-05-18 14:14 ]
mischiew
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-05-19 10:46
Are you sure about this? Given that the phone is sold with the cover on but the battery not already plugged in, that you have to unplug the battery when you update the firmware, it means that you would have to look for a technician at least two times when you buy a phone... that doesn't sound very convenient. But yeah, you usually don't open the cover every day

I never had any problem opening Nokia phones before.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-19 12:49

On 2007-05-19 10:46:59, mischiew wrote:
Are you sure about this? Given that the phone is sold with the cover on but the battery not already plugged in, that you have to unplug the battery when you update the firmware, it means that you would have to look for a technician at least two times when you buy a phone... that doesn't sound very convenient. But yeah, you usually don't open the cover every day

I never had any problem opening Nokia phones before.

Sorry dude, I thought you meant the whole casing! Yes I see what you are saying now. SE battery covers are harder than Nokia it's true, but personally it doesn't worry me since I don't have to open it that often. It's a bugger if you change sim a lot or the phone crashes a lot (if it does that it should go to service centre or get firmware update!)

To me it's only a small thing on an otherwise excellent phone.
rad2905
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 15:32
I simply MUST reply to hillarious thread about megapixels.

Megapixels are related to the CCD chip that accepts the light, passed trough the lense. The light dropps on the area that is covered with photo-sensitive dots, or sensors, here called pixels. So, 1MP is the area of 1 squared inch, covered with 1 million micro-sensors.
K800i has the light-sensitive area with the density of 3,2 million sensors per square inch.

K700i has 0,3 million sensors, or, approx 10 times less.

Now, according to this, K700i can produce the image 640x480 pixels. Everything else is an interpolation and has no real quality, that is, the image with higher DPI created with K700i is simple still real 640x480, only "upsampled - enlarged" to 1024x768, thus only more blur or noise.

On the other, DPI, or dots per inch (also squared) is the measure of number of colored dots on the square inch of the picture. The dimensions of picture size and the number of DPI is not the same thing. Stating that DPI and MP are the same is SO WRONG.

So, when you select "VGA" resolution, that is ONLY 72DPI, 800x600.
VGA means the resolution of your PC computer screen, initially 72, and goes up to 90.

To make long story short, the REAL quality is actually in the LENSE.
You can have 10MP photo sensitive area, but if you get a shitty light beam trough the lense, you get shitty images. And vice versa. I've seen images created by the 6.4MP camera that are shit compared to 2.1MP images created by SONY digital camera, with Karl Zeiss lense...

Cheers... Phones are phones, leave the masters create cameras.
But, I'm damn impressed with the one in my K800i.
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 15:56

On 2007-05-22 15:32:23, rad2905 wrote:
I simply MUST reply to hillarious thread about megapixels.

(snipp)
On the other, DPI, or dots per inch (also squared) is the measure of number of colored dots on the square inch of the picture. The dimensions of picture size and the number of DPI is not the same thing. Stating that DPI and MP are the same is SO WRONG.

(snipp)

I think I have to correct you here, it's not 72 dots per square inch, it's dots per inch on a line of dots, otherwise, the resolution would only be somewhat more than 8 x 8 pixels on a square inch, ie pixels of about 3x3mm size. A normal CRT screen or TV set is usually 72 or 75 DPI, and you will need a magnifying glass in order to be able to see individual pixels.

Otherwise, you are correct, but megapixels is not the only factor that makes better pictures. The optical system, i.e. lenses, focus mecanism, etc is of about the same importance, but the most important factor is the one behind the camera
rad2905
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 16:25
Hm, the diagonal of an monitor is 17'', but the visible size is 15"
Meaning vertical of 6.4 and horizontal 8.56 inch
approx 54.7 squared inch
at 800*600 it has 480000 dots
so one inch squared has 8761 dots
or at that resolution, when you do the square root
approx 93dpi

Whatever...
Peace
fcarlos
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-08 19:23

On 2006-07-30 06:53:52, senninha wrote:
K800 can play videos at 240 x 320

whenever i use the video cam i always get 176x144 with high quality video selected. is there a way i could get a 240x320 format? how? tnx
antichrist
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-08 19:31
you cannot record more than 176*144 with a k800. you can only play videos at 320*240. for that you need to copy a video from pc
fcarlos
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-09 04:25
@antichrist, ok thanks... now its clear to me
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-01 19:35
Start Camera from within any menu
Press Activity Button, C button and right softkey simultaneously. Works from within any menu

Mute camera for firmware that doesn't support camera muting! Make a call to a (preferably free) number, then start-up the cam. If you take a pic while the call is still connected, the camera won't make a single sound!

Camera Shortcuts
0 = Camera Help
1 = Toggle picture size
3 = Zoom Out (you can also use up volume key)
4 = Toggle Macro mode
6 = Zoom In (you can also use down volume key)
7 = Stability (video mode)
* = Toggle Flash

Top left button = Change Shoot Mode
Top right button = Change Scenes
volume button = digital zoom control
up joystick=decrease exposure
down joystick=increase exposure
right joystick=camera mode
left joystick=video mode
(joystick directions mentioned above are taken to be the direction if the phone is held vertically. Since the camera is used horizontally, the up joystick command appears as left joystick etc)
academygaz
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-14 11:38
Don't know if you can call it a tip or trick but here goes:

If you open the lens cover and quickly start pressing and releasing the 2 stage shutter button part way, the orange focus light will come on and off. Press the button about 20 times and the light will flash on an off for a couple of mintues, even if you've closed the lens cover.
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2007-08-14 14:06
@academy: and it could be a bug too
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
skylineR35
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2007-08-16 06:00
it's because the "memory" stuck.
i tried long before. but might aswell us torch apps.

btw @ max.
yes it works~!

btw, from standby. for me is:
147* together = phone status
2580 together = prompt to delete last pic in cam flder*
369# together = wap*
123 together = calling 312
789 together create 789 and delete itself
left top Game A button plus 147* open phone status, prompt play continue thru speakr? (must be very accurate timing)

*also can be used while in the camera gallery.

in camera, press 369# = press 4 (change focus
2580= scene

it works for my phone with last 2 and current firmware R1KG
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-18 18:54
You can create your own homepage html file to set as the homepage (so the browser doesn't go to the internet when you press the browser button:

you create a html file that you want to appear as your homepage instead of your provider's website. you then save that file (let's call it for example file.html) in "other" in internal memory and on the phone you create a bookmark to file:///usb/other/file.html. If you send the file via bluetooth it get's saved in "saved_pages" on memorystick so in that case us file:///card/webpage/saved_pages/file.html. Open the bookmark, then set it as the homepage in the internet profile.

(won't work on some brandeds)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 101112 ... 141516  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic