Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Hybrid Camera Driver for W800i/K750

Author Hybrid Camera Driver for W800i/K750
QuickShare
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-06-26 19:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:
max_wedge,

May I ask where on your sample photo did you point at to read the spot exposure? Straight ahead, before shooting?

I have this gut feeling that it's not the driver but the user causing this overexposure. Please learn first the basics how the exposure meter is designed to work (=tries to turn everything into middle grey), hunt for middle grey (equivalent) area on the scene, or use exposure compensation, -2.0...+2.0 if there is any middle value available, like on the scene on your sample.

tricky question there for you max_wedge better answer that correctly hehe jk mate.. just feel bored

max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-27 01:53
Quote:

On 2006-06-26 19:31:27, Mark_Q wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-06-26 15:58:20, max_wedge wrote:
the spot photometry bug can also be fixed spot photometry is working but with a tendency to over expose sky or bright light sources. For now, standard driver with only mxe, video and compression mods is

max_wedge,

May I ask where on your sample photo did you point at to read the spot exposure? Straight ahead, before shooting?

I have this gut feeling that it's not the driver but the user causing this overexposure. Please learn first the basics how the exposure meter is designed to work (=tries to turn everything into middle grey), hunt for middle grey (equivalent) area on the scene, or use exposure compensation, -2.0...+2.0 if there is any middle value available, like on the scene on your sample.

mate, the pictures are back to back comparisons. I used identical settings for both pictures. As you can see in the trees and sky photo - the normal driver was under exposed, the hybrid over-exposed. BOTH camera's used are K750's, both had the same brightness setting and were identical in all regards. My aim was not to take a perfect photo, but simply to demonstrate the differences in the two cam drivers when taking identical photos where the only difference is the camdriver itself.

I realise I could have corrected the first tree picture (normal driver) by upping the exposure, but then it wouldn't be a proper comparison with the hybrid driver.

Mar_Q, you may be a professional photographer or something, but you don't seem to have a clue about the technical achievement that peeps here are aiming for.

We know how to get the most out of the K750 camera with standard drivers. We've been there done that. We don't need your advice to achieve that. Now we want to go further and see what can be achieved with a bit of tweaking. If this doesn't interest you go and post your criticism's of camera phones on the pictures threads - I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms.

jasond
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2006-06-27 04:24
I would like to add my two cents in agreement with this motion - in that my direct comparisons also revealed a significant change in white balance and over-exposure.

I would also like to note however, that there appears to be a significant drop in blue streaks when taking photos using night mode.

I have to run, but I'll try and post my findings later on. Keep it up!

EDIT: I loaded the photos onto my computer with the intention of posting a comparison up here, but I'm amazed how how the blue streaks just do not show on the computer! My new nightmode photo (with some streaks) looked perfectly black, even on close inspection! So you're just going to have to take my word for it I think

[ This Message was edited by: jasond on 2006-06-28 03:15 ]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-27 14:36
A strange thing just happened to my camera. The r1bc modified drivers (nothing flash - just 5F for finemode) started crashing back to standby screen when taking photos at night (whether in nightmode on or not)!

I couldn't get a picture out at all, just kept crashing no matter what settings I used. I reverted back to stock driver, since the modified just too unstable.

But strangely, the other k750, with hybrid driver is running fine

As previously posted, this hybrid driver has excellent low light performance. White lines in low light pics virtually gone, auto exposure much better.

BRILLIANT results - and hard to choose at this stage which is better:

the hybrid, which has better low light performance, but over exposure of bright areas and poor white balance, or the standard drivers with good white balance and better exposure for bright scenes.

Keep it coming AKSD!

EDIT: Just ran some more tests. Hybrid 1.1 driver is brilliant inside at night. Much much better than standard driver, esp. in noise level (ie: white lines). Will post some pics soon.

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2006-06-27 18:14 ]
IRFCA_WDG-3A
W960
PM
Posted: 2006-06-27 20:03
Any updates released Aks? We are waiting for v1.2 of the hybrid camdriver.
"http://www.irfca.org/gallery/" - The Indian Railways' Fan Club Online!!
tiggerbcn
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-27 23:56
Please, I am following this thread and I am made a mess with so many drivers, in addition that my English is very poor, you could say to me as it is the Link of hybrid driver that better works in the tests. Thank, great work
SEProblems
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-28 01:42
Is there a way to decrease the time delay when taking i photo on the w800i and actuall make the image quality look "noticebly" better?
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-28 05:55
Heres another driver.....all thats been adjusted is sharpness....it was 4 now I've got it at max thats 16......I've added brightness setting....the brightnees setting we use is actually exposure.

Will work more on the spot thing and to make white balance better a little later.....as I posted i nthe acoustic thread....I'm in the middle of exams lol so work is a bit slow.

http://rapidshare.de/files/24331514/camdriver0.dat.html
rockygali
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-28 06:30
darn you really get into these things.... good done... ill use this update for now... white balanace is alil bettah... i really like the performance in low light and the faster JPG compression... ideal to those people who have small memstix.

hats off to you mate!

..::EDIT::..
whoops! looks like i spoke too soon about JPG compression.. the file sizes were back as to the original R1CA sizes... what happened to the great compression? now files i took ranging from 200Kb-300Kb (from Hybrid v1.1) now is back up to 400-500Kb.

but the quality and the sharpness is better.

[ This Message was edited by: rockygali on 2006-06-28 05:57 ]
IRFCA_WDG-3A
W960
PM
Posted: 2006-06-28 07:26
Correct me if i'm wrong mates, but i didn't notice any particular difference in this 'latest' driver. The sharpness is said to have been upped to 16, but the pics actually seem softer than the 'stable release' Hybrid driver 1.1
WB is still an issue, as mentioned by Aksd, so i won't mention it here again.
And yes, file sizes have now increased to over 500 KB.
"http://www.irfca.org/gallery/" - The Indian Railways' Fan Club Online!!
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-28 07:51
WE HAVE A BREAKTHROUGH!

I set ISO to 100....minimum noise...check it out....

New stuff- Sharpness at 16
Spot - Enabled
COntrast - 0
Focus Mode- Full Range(changed from Normal)
ISO - Fixed at 100

EDIT:
Nope the ISO thing did'nt work out lol

Have to figure out how to EDIT ISO settings in the EXIF properties...just changing bit values dont seem to help

http://rapidshare.de/files/24335867/camdriver0.dat.html

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2006-06-28 06:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2006-06-28 06:59 ]
Phantom
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-28 08:18
hm.. sounds interesting.
i'll stick it in my phone now and test it out all tomorrow... see how i like it.
if not, i'll go back to the hybrid 1.1
thegunners
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-28 09:25
so far.. which driver has the best quality in terms of :

1. Compression and
2. Quality of picture in low light and decent light

could someone post it here ?

THX
jasond
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2006-06-28 09:25
Impeccable nightmode performance when compared to other drivers.

Spot metering appears to be working very well also.

I can't yet comment on white balance issues or over-exposure issues.

Well done!
T65> K700i> K750i> K800i> Mars.
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-28 09:31
WE'll I've devised something for the over exposure issue:

Instead of let and right controlling brightness it now controls exposure.....if adjusted right the pics come out fabulous....never seeen the phone re-producing such perfect colours and focus.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic