Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Hybrid Camera Driver for W800i/K750

Author Hybrid Camera Driver for W800i/K750
g-roxx0304
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-26 10:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
after comparing the pics,i think the k750 driver is a bit better,i guess.
but i'm not that sure yet.

[ This Message was edited by: g-roxx0304 on 2006-06-26 09:47 ]
rockygali
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-26 10:46
yes!!!! i was about to ask that one... im too occupied lookin this and lookin that and yet everyone fails to point the best camdriver so far... of course except those default R1CA...

@max_wedge
have you tried the hybrid camdriver in bright light condition with tons of foliage or so? ive tried it... and so far the jpeg processing is quite fast compared to that of rmrcys...

and currently, what is your camdriver?

what i like about the HYBRID camdriver, is that, movie recording is good, it doesnt chop, and its not blocky even in fast motion. tho it waves a bit.

[ This Message was edited by: rockygali on 2006-06-26 09:57 ]
IRFCA_WDG-3A
W960
PM
Posted: 2006-06-26 11:10
Quote:
have you tried the hybrid camdriver in bright light condition with tons of foliage or so? ive tried it... and so far the jpeg processing is quite fast compared to that of rmrcys...

yeah, it's fast, but buggy - ever tried taking a pic of a leafy tree in bright daylight? I tried 8-10 times today, and each time, the camera crashed.
Didn't try out the vid part, but the WB also seems a bit disappointing - very cold, and the "spot photometry" thing makes getting a correct exposure very difficult.

So, untill Aks prepares another beta-release, i will stick to my own R1BC tweaked driver!
"http://www.irfca.org/gallery/" - The Indian Railways' Fan Club Online!!
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-26 11:21
My results concur with yours IRFCA_WDG-3A.

My modified cam driver (non-hybrid) also crashes in the circumstances you describe - but less often than the hybrid.

So maybe lower compression (90%) would avoid crashes in the hybrid?

rockygali
K810 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-26 11:42
the hybrid compresses low? how come the filsize is at around 250-300kb?

and at 90%?

and why is this:

seq_set_prop_5_0=$z0 $p1 0e
$c1 00

and this

seq_set_prop_5_1=$z0 $p1 0e
$c1 00

i guess its a deeper modification being done here...

below are sample pix:

R1BC original camdriver:

Hybrid Camdriver

---------------

R1BC orginal camdriver:

Hybrid Camdriver:

@all

can anyone post their own comparison against their own mods...

much thanks!

"Darkness is the absence of light.. and not the opposite..."
g-roxx0304
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-26 12:21
got this one from top sony.

http://rapidshare.de/files/23[....]A021-k750-w800-edited.rar.html
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-26 15:11
@ all
Presently all the camera driver "modders" are doing are just playing around with JPEG compression which really does'nt improve your cam quality settings mucf....what I'm trying to do is push the camera to its limit....not just improvise on what SE have handed to us......intiially the driver might be of lesser qualtiy but with continous testing.....modding of various driver factors we can arrive on a driver which is "actually" much better than what SE have provided us with.
I have now found out how to over exposure and how to remove over exposure in pics...will post up driver after testing.

LIMITS of modding:
We CANNOT make changes to camera UI eg: add spot photometry in the camera menu....we can physically enable it as done by me in the driver program...this is possible since the "flash" has this option

We CANNOT change focal distances...the K750 has 3 focal distances...near....medium and far..wew cannot add any more focus points since the phone "flash" does not have this feature.....the flash is the phone OS.

What we CAN do is add existing features present on similar models and modify the existing settings.
shatter_dreamx
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-06-26 15:19
@aksd
you can do it, dude.

how about the best quality for video recording? what are the parameters i need to adjust? and on what values?

Thanks
T610i >> K700i >> K750i (W800 FW + lots of patches) >> P990i
IRFCA_WDG-3A
W960
PM
Posted: 2006-06-26 15:31
We have a genius with us.....and we trust you Aksd...hope to see more "beta" and "stable" versions of your drivers.
Your 2nd mod-job was damn good, pictures were saved really FAST.
The 3 bugs that we managed to find were
1. Exposure problems due to Spot P,
2. White Balance issues, and
3. Camera Crashing while capturing detailed pics.
The camera crashing can be fixed by bringing the compression to 90%, and the spot photometry bug can also be fixed - those who don't want SP can delete that portion from the camdriver0.dat (i believe).
Now, the WB issue needs to be looked into, and a 'stable' version will be ready.
"http://www.irfca.org/gallery/" - The Indian Railways' Fan Club Online!!
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-26 15:58
Quote:

On 2006-06-26 15:31:07, IRFCA_WDG-3A wrote:
We have a genius with us.....and we trust you Aksd...hope to see more "beta" and "stable" versions of your drivers.
Your 2nd mod-job was damn good, pictures were saved really FAST.
The 3 bugs that we managed to find were
1. Exposure problems due to Spot P,
2. White Balance issues, and
3. Camera Crashing while capturing detailed pics.
The camera crashing can be fixed by bringing the compression to 90%, and the spot photometry bug can also be fixed - those who don't want SP can delete that portion from the camdriver0.dat (i believe).
Now, the WB issue needs to be looked into, and a 'stable' version will be ready.

Well put IRFCA_WDG-3A , exposure and white balance are the critical issues. So far white balance on hybrid is poor, and spot photometry is working but with a tendency to over expose sky or bright light sources. For now, standard driver with only mxe, video and compression mods is best option for day to day use. But I reckon AKSD will crack this one. Hybridising the W900 driver is a class act.

example of over-exposure of sky:
my modified (95% compression)

Hybrid:

example of white balance change in hybrid:
my modified (95% compression)

Hybrid:

JJ!
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-26 16:20
just go buy a digital camera if you want decent pics! a few tweaks of the phone camera isnt going to change much.. from the pics posted its hit and miss as some of the standard camera pics look better!
JJ! (formerly justy197 (+6, -0)
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-26 16:50
@ all

These are settings for exposure and sharpness

seq_init=05 02 00 0B D0 #CMD_END 05 02 00 0C 07 #CMD_END
06 02 00 01 00 52 #CMD_END
05 02 00 18 00 #CMD_END

06 02 00 01 04 56 #CMD_END Sharpness= 4
06 02 00 01 01 55 #CMD_END; Contrast/Exposure =1

anything above 1 results in terrible over exposure, 1 is default setting...itsd night here so cant try out 0 setting

Sharpness seems to make no effect at all...ther is a further algorithm concerning sharpness ill look into that next

@JJ nobody is asking you to try out or even experiment with the above drivers..........We know we cant significantly improve upon the cam but it is extremely interesting to know how the stuff you use works and any possiblity of improving upon it.......if there was no one to do that then I doubt we'd have any new innovations at all. W hat we are doing heere may or may not lead to something better....but theres no harm trying is there?
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-26 17:14

// 0 => Normal mode (no macro range scanning) //by start up
// 1 => Full range
// 2 => Fast mode (no macro, reduced normal scanning)
// 3 => Fast mode and full range
// 4 => Macro range (only macro range scanning)

seq_set_prop_9=06 02 00 01 %0 41 #CMD_END;

What is Full range etc..? anybody know? Default setting is Normal I've chantged mine to fast and full range ie 3 lets see what happens lol
IRFCA_WDG-3A
W960
PM
Posted: 2006-06-26 18:43
Quote:

// 0 => Normal mode (no macro range scanning) //by start up
// 1 => Full range
// 2 => Fast mode (no macro, reduced normal scanning)
// 3 => Fast mode and full range
// 4 => Macro range (only macro range scanning)

seq_set_prop_9=06 02 00 01 %0 41 #CMD_END;

What is Full range etc..? anybody know? Default setting is Normal I've chantged mine to fast and full range ie 3 lets see what happens lol

Looks like the focal distances that the AF algorithm scans to determine the correct focal length.
If it is so, it can provide valuable inputs for creating algorithms for faster AF, thereby cutting the annoying AF delay (and maybe a wider range of focus, too?)

Funny, isn't it? How something that we took for granted yesterday (AF delay, in this case) seems "annoying" today, once we have come to know the possibilities that exist beyond...!

[ This Message was edited by: IRFCA_WDG-3A on 2006-06-26 17:45 ]
Mark_Q
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-06-26 19:31
Quote:

On 2006-06-26 15:58:20, max_wedge wrote:
the spot photometry bug can also be fixed spot photometry is working but with a tendency to over expose sky or bright light sources. For now, standard driver with only mxe, video and compression mods is

max_wedge,

May I ask where on your sample photo did you point at to read the spot exposure? Straight ahead, before shooting?

I have this gut feeling that it's not the driver but the user causing this overexposure. Please learn first the basics how the exposure meter is designed to work (=tries to turn everything into middle grey), hunt for middle grey (equivalent) area on the scene, or use exposure compensation, -2.0...+2.0 if there is any middle value available, like on the scene on your sample.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic