Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Things you can do to your phone with the FAR Manager.

Author Things you can do to your phone with the FAR Manager.
Strathus
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-25 21:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2006-06-25 14:31:02, max_wedge wrote:
change operator boot screen logo -
tpapresetsystemsettingsSPLASH

SPLASH is a 176x220 gif image so replace it with your own choice of boot screen (make sure the file has no extension).

Another way to enable a silent camera:
You can delete or change the camera sounds as previously stated, but this stops the camera from having a sound when you want it to. By editing customize.xml you can make it so that the camera sounds are disabled in silent mode but work in normal mode. A phone reset is needed before this will take effect:

from custmoize.xml change "false" to "true":

Code:

true

where customize.xml is stored? i din't find this file on the phone...

[ This Message was edited by: Strathus on 2006-06-25 20:34 ]
alexlt
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-25 22:07
Can you unlock the fourth band in K700/K750/W800?? I mean 850Mhz band
Xperia Arc LT15a ->> Sandisk 32Gb MicroSD Class 4, Sennheiser CX400-II & MW600
C905 ->> Modded R1FA035 Firmware, 8GB M2, HPM-70 & MPS-75

Visit my blog http://laviedepaulo.blogspot.com/
jasond
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2006-06-26 04:37
Thanks for adding the content hooks, here's another:

To backup & restore contact voice comands:
tpasystemvoicecontrolstby
(Voice comands still need to be manually enabled after master reset, but this is no great problem - just a reminder!)

To backup & restore contact image associations:
tpasystempbookimage
(These are not the actual images, just links to the files, so make sure you don't change the location of the files between resets!)

Cheers.

[ This Message was edited by: jasond on 2006-06-26 03:54 ]
sethzg
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-26 21:39
One from me.

Change the delivery report sound

create a midi file named notification.mid and copy it into FS\tpa\preset\system\sound

haven't tried with mp3 file, but will keep you informed...

[ This Message was edited by: sethzg on 2006-06-26 20:41 ]
Vicser
K790
PM
Posted: 2006-06-27 09:12
Quote:
Auto Playlist Creator Thanks to Ushakov
After creation of file list *.pml in mp folder you must move it by FAR plugin to fs/tpa/system/multimedia/mp/pl of the phone. Now you can create common playlist of all the folders (Like in All Music) incl. subfolders. It's fantastic. OK. Now it's in English! Use and say thanks to Ushakov

New version released. Changes:
1. playlist names are limited upto 30 symbols (otherwise the phone reloads)
2. Playlists and files are sorted correctly
3. ID3v2 tags in MP3 files and tags in MP4 files are read now.
Get here
sasc
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-27 18:08
Can we get incremental ff/rew in media player (ff/rew speeds up if you keep holding the joystic in that direction).

Shouldn't be too hard to implement since you guys are actually looking at source code.

[ This Message was edited by: sasc on 2006-06-27 17:14 ]
anophelus
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-06-27 23:15
Is it possible to add different language packs?

Regards!
DarkWeaver
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-27 23:21
Quote:

On 2006-06-27 18:08:28, sasc wrote:

Shouldn't be too hard to implement since you guys are actually looking at source code.

Correct me if I'm wrong; I haven't checked the very last pages, but even with the FAR plugin access to the actual source code isn't available.
So far, all that's possible is modification of certain files, some settings and images, nothing much more at the moment.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-28 12:55
most of the simple hacks have already been explored. some improvements and mods will no doubt still flow forth, but any new major hacks need access to the main flash.

I welcome being proven wrong, if someone works out how to enable acivity menu via w800 FS tweaks alone
kristianm
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-28 13:00
@max_wedge, couple of questions:

1. You mentioned in your earlier posts about removing certain menu/submenu items. Is it also possible to remove a main menu item (e.g., PlayNow) and replace it with a submenu (or sub-submenu) item (e.g., Profiles selection, or Message Inbox, or Simcard menu)?

2. With FAR, can we override the operator logo/text displayed in the top of the standby screen?

EDIT:

3. If you rearrange the order of menu items (e.g., put "Inbox" first, then "Write New" in Message), will the keypad shortcuts change accordingly as well (such that pressing "1" now opens Inbox, and "2" opens "Write New Message")? Or for example, if I remove "My Friends", will the shortcut key "3" opens "Email" now?

[ This Message was edited by: kristianm on 2006-06-28 12:09 ]
AJ_SaKa
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-28 15:45
Hei there Im new in here.
Can anyone now how to do this mod?

IRFCA_WDG-3A
W960
PM
Posted: 2006-06-28 15:58
U can't do it using FAR, mate.......u will need SETool (commercial software) and Service cable.
"http://www.irfca.org/gallery/" - The Indian Railways' Fan Club Online!!
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-28 18:47
Quote:

On 2006-06-28 13:00:45, kristianm wrote:
@max_wedge, couple of questions:

1. You mentioned in your earlier posts about removing certain menu/submenu items. Is it also possible to remove a main menu item (e.g., PlayNow) and replace it with a submenu (or sub-submenu) item (e.g., Profiles selection, or Message Inbox, or Simcard menu)?

Yes, I imagine though I haven't tested that combo.

Quote:

2. With FAR, can we override the operator logo/text displayed in the top of the standby screen?

no.

Quote:

EDIT:

3. If you rearrange the order of menu items (e.g., put "Inbox" first, then "Write New" in Message), will the keypad shortcuts change accordingly as well (such that pressing "1" now opens Inbox, and "2" opens "Write New Message")? Or for example, if I remove "My Friends", will the shortcut key "3" opens "Email" now?

yes, I imagine that the numbers are assigned to positions in the menu, not specific menu items.
kenjibatusai
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-29 04:40
@g-roxx0304
Quote:

d) killing MobilePrint
go to FS/tpa/preset/system/ams and delete MOBILEPRINT.jad and MOBILEPRINT.jar and have additional 361kb free memory. Unnecessary standard games & midlets are in FS/tpa/preset/default/java and to be deleted if you wish. In FS/tpa/preset/wizard you can delete 5 biggest by size GIF files.

When you mean those Biggest file size Gifs I thought they were from mobile print; but now I found out that those Gifs belong to the "Setup Wizard" and now it looks lame only with the text.
Why don't you edit it??
Bye
X10 mini
Vicser
K790
PM
Posted: 2006-06-29 07:20
Adding new languages
There are two ways to do this (without flashing or changing CDA, IMEI etc.)
First way.
Add file *.lng for menu language or file *.t9 for writing language to folder fs/tpa/preset/system/language and simultaneously delete from this folder lng.dat è lng.lst. After restart the phone will create these files again and new language will be added.
Remarks. for file *.t9 coincidence of firmware version is unobligatory, for *.lng coincidence is obligatory. For adding *.lng you have to write its name as one of existing but unuseful language and then select this language as phone language. No master reset, no reset settings.
Second way.
Just add (f.e.) he.lng and he.t9 to abovementioned language folder and point your language in customize.xml. Coincidence of firmware version is obligatory. Reset settings is obligatory!
Before any modding please make backup all files in folder fs/tpa/preset/system/language
All credits go to Michael050 and russe

[ This Message was edited by: Vicser on 2006-06-29 06:28 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic