Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > T68-problem..crashes..?

12  Next
Author T68-problem..crashes..?
Wito
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-12-03 19:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have a problem with my T68(soft R1B) ...For example by clicking on "Wap
Services" in the
Main-Desktop-Menu. Clicking on it and the Handy freezes. The LED indicating
that it has net stops blinking and nothing can be done. Removing the battery
is the only way to restart it.
What's wrong ?

Thanks.
Wito
gomichaelkgo
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2001-12-03 23:22
You should try to assure that your WAP and/ or GPRS configurations are set correctly. My T68 would lock up each time I tried to send/receive my POP3 mail until I correctly set up my IP addresses, etc.
jucame
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2001-12-04 01:36
The baby T68 is really a nervous one,mine get freeze when I go to "position list" and I try to move some numbers to another position,only solution is batery out,R1B on my phone will R1C fix these? hope so...
me me me
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2001-12-04 06:42
I find that my T68(R1B) will only crach during the text size Large.

hope this helps.
Floberg
Z1010
PM
Posted: 2001-12-04 13:40
Mine often crashes/hangs when going back in WAP (pressing No) and while loading again pressing No....

Then I always have to remove the battery...
Jaw_B
P900
PM
Posted: 2001-12-04 14:47
Yea... I have the same software version. I just noticed yesterday, that if someone calls me while I'm using wap (over gprs), I get thrown out from the browser. (which is correct). But, if I directly after the phonecall go back to Wap servises, the phone crashes.
Only battery removal would work to restart it.
jhb
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2001-12-04 15:14
I have the same problem as Floberg, but only if I press NO to often or to many times, using the menu-key does not give this problem.
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2001-12-04 15:51
I also have the same problem as Floberg and jhb. I'm used to not pressing the no-button rapidly when doing a WAP session. It typically happens when someone borrow the phone to check out the Esato WAP site

I should probably upgrade to R1C soon...
jhb
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2001-12-04 22:42
Hi, I just realized that my phone SW worked fine, but I had no contact with the NW. Neither GPRS nor speech worked. Shutdown hung, like almost every tíme I try to restart (which usually is because GPRS and obviously speech also is not working). The hanging occurs when using GPRS, but I suspect this hanging came from IR-synching...
...I need to upgrade, GPRS was the reason to get a new phone, not speech or color backgrounds..
jucame
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2001-12-05 01:21
I can not beleive they sell a mobile that is still in "beta trying" we are not suposed toget this for the money we pay,Ericsson please say something about this subject ,did we buy a mobile that is not fully tested? are we the stupid first ones?you must say something,mine crashes from time to time and people who bought the phone here in Spain have to return them because they not work full time perfect, for the money we pay they must work,hope to get and answer from somebody in Ericsson,regards to the forum people.
xenious
P900
PM
Posted: 2001-12-05 01:40
I'm having the same lockups. The wap menu item locks me up as well as: Connect->Data Comm, Connect->Bluetooth and a few others related to picking a data profile to use. A master reset hangs as well. Also going into the service menu and selected check software version hangs. If I take out the battery and repeat the process it hangs again. Calling Ericsson UK tomorrow (I'm in the US). If I find any info I'll post it, and if I ship it off to Ericsson it better come back with R1C eheh.
-jim
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-05 15:50
Jucame: Off course the T-68 isn't a "beta-version". My T-68 works perfect,...and I know a lot of other people with T-68's, and they dont have a problem either with their phones.

The "upgrade-thing" is what usually happens, when better software is made along the way. All compagnies do these things...for example Nokia. Their 8310 BTW has actually got a lot more problems than the T-68.

The upgrade to MMS (and other upgrades) are actually free,..you do not have to pay for them.

And,..I dont work at Ericsson

Jan
jhb
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2001-12-05 19:35
No more lockups after upgrading to R1C, works like a charm now... =o)
jucame
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2001-12-06 15:59
Thanks jh67 ,well I am really happy with my T68 anyhow, maybe the best mobile I ´ve ever own, but, I am sure upgrade to R1C will make me more happy, as I read from people that has done so, I get a litlle nervous cause I call here to Ericsson and they do not know nothing still about this mobile, so, upgrade here kind of "waiting thing, be patient", and the guys I bought the T68 from in the UK after more than 3 weeks of emails and calls still don´t have an answer for me on this subject, where or how can I upgrade my Mobile and include the Spanish language on it , but I am still so happy with this model after 6 or 7 Nokias this is the best,regards, thanks for your comments and advice.
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2001-12-06 16:34
Jucame : your welcome
Just got my T-68 upgraded today to R1C,..and I didnt pay anything.
As I said earlier, i didnt have any problems with the T-68,..now its just faster than before,..so now its even better, hehe.
If its an Ericsson service center you dont pay for this. I didnt even buy the phone there.
And I'm going to get my Bluetooth headset upgraded tomorrow,..for free

Wish you luck with your upgrade

Jan
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi