Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Get Rid of hissing noise

Previous  123 ... 678 ... 343536  Next
Author Get Rid of hissing noise
mongoose3800
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-25 03:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
O.K. I tried changing settings.xml volume to 8 and lower when using R1L drivers. It did not make any improvement in distortion at loud volume. So I reverted back R1BC drivers and changed the volume back to 10. Then I found an intersting side affect of changing settings.xml - The phone seems to lose it's ability to update settings.xml - even when I restored the original untouched copy I found that everytime I restarted my phone and launched the MP3 player it would always start on the same song in the same spot. So, I took a risk and deleted settings.xml. The phone then recreated settings.xml and again writes to the file and remembers which song was last been played and how far in. The only notible change I can see from the backed up settings.xml and newly created one is a different number in "accountid". So if find you have probs with the walkman not remembering your settings delete settings.xml. Of course, backup your old one 1st.
paldrive
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-25 14:29
So probably accountid in settings.xml is drivers related.
But if so, where are the settings saved before shutting off the phone?

[ This Message was edited by: paldrive on 2006-06-25 13:30 ]
mongoose3800
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-25 14:39
I wondered that as well because the problem only occurs when you shut down the phone. I assume the settings are probably cached in memory and only write when the phone shuts down. I also wondered what would happen if I deleted settings.xml while R1L drivers were installed. I thought maybe it would recreate settings.xml with optimum settings for R1L. Settings.xml recreated o.k. but the sound quality is still terrible at higher volumes. Back to original drivers....again.
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-25 15:24
lol I think the problem is in the BVHF_play file mate.....replace all your files and take BVHF from R1L and check it out
paldrive
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-25 19:28
I wonder where are stored the fixed patterns of equalizer (voice, bass, etc): I find them pretty unuseful as they are (too little modifications), but if we could edit them we could have a personalized set of patterns that could be actually used.
AJ_SaKa
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-26 14:48
Quote:

On 2006-06-18 08:57:50, aksd wrote:
With the FAR plugin replace these files located at: ifs/settings/acoustic

with:
http://rapidshare.de/files/23376730/No_Hissing.rar.html

Files from R1BD provided by tiggerbcn

http://www.yousendit.com/tran[....]download&ufid=39BF812051AFAB76

These have higher level of noise like R1BC but there is a hiss present.....maybe a bit less than R1BC am not too sure

Original R1BC and R1L files
http://rapidshare.de/files/23[....]Acoustic_R1L_and_R1BC.rar.html

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2006-06-22 14:19 ]

Aksd. The last two links dont work, or maybe the mistake are on me? Please explain how to download it.
lot Thanks to you for doing this great work.
halfster
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-26 19:25
Does this reduce the hissing with the actual phone speaker as well (without using headset)? Because I tried with the No_hissing.rar but didn't notice any difference. Don't have my headset at home so can't test that yet.
sasc
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-27 17:44
Have you guys been noticing a lot of hiss during calls after the latest released firmware on the 750? It comes and goes, and usually it get fixed if you cut the call and recall the other phone, but there has to be a better fix. Its not a reception issue cuz thats 100%.

Anyone?
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-28 05:54

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2006-06-28 04:55 ]
shatter_dreamx
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-06-28 06:26
hey guys,

i think my player volume is not that loud while playing with loud speaker.

can i do something about it?

thanks
T610i >> K700i >> K750i (W800 FW + lots of patches) >> P990i
symbian
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-28 13:43
hi, can anyone send me all of the original files for the acoustic folder for R1A version? i accidentally deleted them. pls help me, thank u very much.
my email ad is registration_purpose@yahoo.com thanx once again.
mongoose3800
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-28 14:49
A note to all - always, ALWAYS backup your files before you do anything. And always read the pop up boxes in FAR befor you accept a file copy. i.e. it is very easy to make a mistake a copy from the wrong location.
DanR
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-28 18:52
What specific problems are you guys trying to correct with these fixes? The reason I ask is because I *think* I hear more than just hissing at low volumes (see below)... I am not sure if this is what everyone is experiencing and is addressed with these fixes, or if my unit is defective.

When there is no music playing, I hear a constant hiss. When there is music playing I hear this hiss, and also static noises, similar to what you will hear from an FM/AM radio that is not getting perfect signal.

Thanks
mongoose3800
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-29 02:35
DanR - From my perspective it is both. For quite a while I interpreted the noise/hiss issue as being the static type noise you hear when an MP3 is playing - this noise is especially noticeable during pauses in the music or quieter sections. But this just maybe MP3 noise and the sensitivity of the HPM70 Headphones. As I understand it the main hissing issue is the Hiss that is constantly audible when the walkman is on. i.e. you can hear it in the background as soon as you turn on the player. The hissing is really obvious when playing a low volumes. When you apply the R1L drivers there is a definite reduction in the hiss noise but it comes at the price of loss of sound quality at higher volumes. This is where AKSD has been trying find the right mix between both. I'm actually going to test all drivers and combos again as I really hadn't picked up on the hissing in the earlier stages as I don't usually play my music at low volumes. Now, that I'm fully aware of both noises it is really distracting me and I want to try a find which drivers make the greatest improvement. It may take me some time though.
mongoose3800
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-29 04:50
I just finished an extensive test whereby I copied one R1L file at a time into the R1BC drivers to find which file is causing the hissing in the R1BC drivers. With each file I always started with a fresh set of R1BC drivers on the phone. I am 100% sure that I have found the one file that is responsible for the hissing. It is PHF_2_play.apf - no doubt about it. I have tested twice and I have found that adding only the R1L version of PHF_2_play.apf to original set of R1BC drivers makes the hissing almost unoticable. The difference really is dramatic! The Static noises and crackles between songs are also dramatically reduced! Unfortunately, at full volume there is still distortion. BUT, if you don't pump the EQ all the way up the sound seems quite acceptable - probably just as good as the orignal drivers. In fact, if you're like me and like to pump the eq to the max on all settings you may just find that pushing all settings no furhter that full orange will result in the same max volume as the original drivers without the distortion. I now reckon the distortion only happens because PHF_2_play.apf results in louder volume when the EQ is maxed out than the phone can handle.

Everyone, try it. I'd reall like to know what you think. I'm pretty sure this is the best we are going to get and all you need do is copy one file!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 678 ... 343536  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic