Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Get Rid of hissing noise

Previous  123 45 ... 343536  Next
Author Get Rid of hissing noise
tupac1
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-20 18:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
sorry i never backed up my files so i cant get them for you. the first fix you posted works wonders. i wouldnt be mad enough to keep original updated firmware unless i plan on becoming deaf by the setting the volume to full(hiss still very present) and being unable to listen to any classical or piano pieces cause of annoying hissing.

hiss is reducted dramaticly and is no longer a problem. quality is all that counts to me if you want to set the volume to FULL then set eqaulizer to voice.

[ This Message was edited by: tupac1 on 2006-06-20 17:12 ]
paternoster
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-20 20:49
@ mongoose3800

How can you judge sound quality when you set the eq to full on everything? I've tested this with 4 different earphones. Sound quality is never good that way

@tupaq1

You're right. The first files works wonders!

If someone tests the audiodrivers:

Please use good earphones. (Something like the Sony EX-71)
Please set the eq to match the best sound quality, not to higher the volume
Please DON'T use Megabass: If you have to use it, look for other earphones! (IMO)
Please do always use the same songs to test the sound quality.

@ aksd

The "no noise" files produced the hissing again, so i reverted to the fisrt set.

I'll give the third set a go now ...

Ill be back

w800br
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-21 00:33
Tested and... IT WORKED!!! just as good it was on R1L002. Of course there is still a hiss, because it had always been there, but is almost unoticiable, unlikely it was with R1BC002. GREAT WORK! Know it is perfect, excellent video and audio quality
mongoose3800
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-21 01:55
paternoster:- I can understand your point. The only reason I pump the equalizer right up is to get the volume as loud as I can get it. I also like to hear all the frequencies I can. I can see why it may not be to the liking of some. But, I find with the equalizer set to full that the sound is fine and it doesn't distort on the orig R1BC drivers. I quite often tone down the treble though. I think the eq manually set to full is better than the Mega Bass. Mega Bass just sounds horrible sometimes. It's all personal preference. It could also be my aging ears that have been punished with a fair bit of loud music. The one thing the full setting will do is show up distortion or amplification issues. This is why I noticed the distortion in some of the earlier no-hiss files.

AKSD:- I plan to do some more testing of your stuff today and will also concentrate on the hissing/static at low volumes. I've never really been one to play at low volumes - but now that I have finally picked up on the noise that people are referring to at low volumes I will be able to pick the difference.
ShaniLa
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-21 02:16
I tried the second and third fix, but it seems to make the hiss come back so I decided to revert back to the first fix! Anyways, thanks for the great contribution to SE users! =]

~Edit, can anyone also post R1BC settings.xml? Thanks! Btw, if I add these settings, I'll still be able to update via SEUS right? Thanks.

[ This Message was edited by: ShaniLa on 2006-06-21 01:18 ]
g-roxx0304
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-21 02:34
I can only confirm that you can still update your phone's firmware through SEUS.
Someone in the K750/W800 Firmware Overview Topic already confirmed that.
mongoose3800
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-21 02:52
Gave both 2nd and 3rd a good run. I even played with the preset EQ settings. I really cant see any benifit so I have reverted back to original drivers. What I perceive as hissing/static/crackling is still there in all drivers. It has been an interesting exercise though.
g-roxx0304
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-21 02:56
@ aksd,
do you know how we can make our incoming ringtones quality as good as the media player's quality?
hnhl
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-21 10:25
@ aksd

This i great! Thanks a lot. I've been waiting for this for a long long time. Now my w800 is a decent mp3-player once again.
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-21 13:00
@mongoose can you please post up the drivers you are using because the last set of drivers I posted are almost identical to R1BC drivers except for 1 file.

I'm 80% sure now that the file that causes the hissing is the LO_play.apf(But I maybe wrong needs a lot more reserch) file contrary to what I first thought. This has not been updated by SE since the R1N release.

Here is the LO_play.apf file for those who require it : http://rapidshare.de/files/23672397/No_Hissing.rar.html

Here is a comparison between both the files...the only difference between both files that I could see in a quick scan was the bits I've marked....thers only a 4 bit difference...cant say if it effects the bass
. I 've got to test out if I put a higher value if the noise will increase. I know this is not the write way to re-program the drivers but since we cant seem to decode the drivers into its language like the camera drivers this is the only way out...with trial and error.......modders from the moto side especially the E398 modders will remeber how we modded our gain tables and DSP's on the bit level.

We'll heres the comparison:
[/URL]
Free Image Hosting at <!-- BBCode auto-link start --><a href=www.ImageShack.us" />

[ This Message was edited by: aksd on 2006-06-21 12:02 ]
mongoose3800
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-21 14:05
AKSD - PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy of the everything in my acoustic folder after your updates. Note: It is interesting that you say that the last bunch of files is almost the same as the original R1BC files. That would explain why I find it much harder to tell between the two. To clarify - The noise I am no looking for is like a crackle/static that can be heard when the volume is at the 1st bar. Too make sure we are both looking at the same setting lets both manually set our EQ's to max on all values. No mods to settings.xml
_MaRiO_
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-06-21 14:38
Which is driver final and the best?
mongoose3800
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-06-21 14:50
Tried the very lated. I really can't tell the diffence. I am happy to send you the entire contents of my accoustic folder after your updates. I will even send you one of the MP3's i'm testing if you like.
aksd
Z610 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-06-21 15:15
For now the best noise removal is the first file.....the later files all have a bit of noise in them to a varying degree but bass at higher vols is better. After my exams I'll get a set of different drivers ready for beta testing and lets all of us tet one version and report the best results.....maybe its a group of files getting rid of the noise and not just 1 file.

One more theory is the radio has no noise...therefore we can rename all radio files to the play files which may rectiffy the problem completely....lets see what can be done.

Regards,
Akshay
g-roxx0304
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-06-21 15:35
Good luck,akshay.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 343536  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic